Well I think MAc are overrated

SD88

Im here for those MAC users in the forum prove to me how MAC are better than PC cause my boyfriend is a computer geek and he actually told that is bullshit MAC and PC are just a piece of trash but MAC is more trash cause is a expensive trash can MAC pro is bullshit I know some might get pissed because of it but i really wanna know why some of you like it??? and just you know just in case you wonder yes i have a work with MAC pro back when i was in college and i saw it died like a piece of trash.

Both are perfectly capable of being more than suitable for production.
Granted they are spec'd nicely.

Most people that say "Macs are better!" are idiots that are comparing their brand new 2011 Macbook Pro with an ssd to their old 2002 dell with 500MB of Ram and a single core cpu or something.

And yeah. Mac Pros are something else. They're due for a long overdue upgrade.
Apparently the top spec'd iMac is faster than the Mac Pro.

Last edited:
And yeah. Mac Pros are something else. They're do for a long overdue upgrade.
Apparently the top spec'd iMac is faster than the Mac Pro.

The top spec MINI is faster than some (maybe all?) 08/09 mac pros! lol.

Im here for those MAC users in the forum prove to me how MAC are better than PC

Can't be done. Better to me is something else to you.

They both work; Get over it. :)

I feel like a lot of the people that hate Macs simply don't know how to use them properly. As a Mac guy, I obviously favor Macs and choose them over PCs when I have the chance, but I don't think Macs are any more capable than PCs. Both computers achieve the same tasks, just in slightly different manners. A lot of it comes down to personal preference and your workflow. However, I still believe that a lot of people that use Macs for the first time without any basic info/assistance about the way the OS behaves tend to become confused and frustrated, and eventually develop a false "hatred" for Macs.

Yeah.
There's no reason Macs and Windows can't get along. (...that Linux though :cursing:)

Isn't the general consensus that PCs are for people that like to tinker with things whereas Macs are "straightforward"?
I've haven't used a Mac (...yet ;)) but am interested because I find myself always wanting to "move on up". And that can get in the way of recording really quickly.
PC will still be my gaming home though :D

Last edited:
Isn't the general consensus that PCs are aimed for people that like to tinker with things whereas Macs are "straightforward"?

I don't know about them being 'aimed' that way, but that's certainly the experience that I've had.

People have challenged it and with some authority, but there will always be counter examples for every argument made.

I have good experience with both and now feel that If i set up a windows machine, I'd invest half an hour in streamlining it for audio use, whereas with a mac, I'd just power it on and go.

I don't know about them being 'aimed' that way, but that's certainly the experience that I've had.

People have challenged it and with some authority, but there will always be counter examples for every argument made.

I have good experience with both and now feel that If i set up a windows machine, I'd invest half an hour in streamlining it for audio use, whereas with a mac, I'd just power it on and go.

oops.
was trying to find a way to say that people aim for [x] to [x] and [y] to [y].

The errors I've had are definitely due to having a prebuilt system that can't hang due to certain components. (The least of which being the CPU and/or RAM.)
Not with Windows itself(...well. ok. vista is a little, whatever.). I've got numerous Windows machines that hang fine. It's just a matter of being aware of what your're doing and doing it properly. And, like you said, that includes spending a little time removing bloatware and optimizing things. And the blame for that sort of lies on the manufacturer of the particular computer. If you build your own, it's obvious that you won't have sony bloatware all over the place.

Im here for those MAC users in the forum prove to me how MAC are better than PC cause my boyfriend is a computer geek and he actually told that is bullshit MAC and PC are just a piece of trash but MAC is more trash cause is a expensive trash can MAC pro is bullshit I know some might get pissed because of it but i really wanna know why some of you like it??? and just you know just in case you wonder yes i have a work with MAC pro back when i was in college and i saw it died like a piece of trash.

This must've been written on a MAC cos when I try to view it on my PC it doesn't make any sense...

Last edited:
It's just a dead debate. There probably are fanboys here, but i think they've learned that it's futile to express it! :p

I know what I prefer, but I also know there's no point telling anyone else about it. :)

This must've been written on a MAC cos when I try to view it on my PC it doesn't make any sense...

:laughings:

LMFAO hahahhaa :laughings:

@SD88: We haven't had a thread like this in a good while....it's nice to see that, as you've noticed, nobody here much cares to discuss it one way or the other. Now that they both run on the same hardware and the prices of Macs have come down significantly - zealots and fanboys of either side really don't have much of a leg to stand on. You pay a little more for a Mac (you used to pay a LOT more for one), but they do a whole hell of a lot of great things for the entire community - ask any programmer "who contributes the most to [insert some open source initiative - OpenGL comes to mind]", Apple is going to be very high on the list. Likewise, Microsoft is actively contributing to some pretty huge communities that all share code, ideas, and information. As is Dell, NVidia, ATI/AMD, IBM, Sony, and many other manufacturers of said hardware that both OSes run on now. I see no problem with any of them making money. We're all much better off having all of them competing and cooperating with each other, than any of us would be if the competition was phased out.

I always find myself pretty frustrated with Macs when I try to use them. That is, until I get the terminal open and they start behaving like *nix. Then I'm ok.
I think it's mostly that their UI is a bit different from what I'm used to and because they put a lot of R&D into changing the ergonomics of their hardware in ways that don't make sense to me. Is the multi-touch, wireless mouse really better than a cheap 2-button optical? I don't really think so, and the non-zero learning curve makes it not worth it to me.

I always find myself pretty frustrated with Macs when I try to use them. That is, until I get the terminal open and they start behaving like *nix. Then I'm ok.
I think it's mostly that their UI is a bit different from what I'm used to and because they put a lot of R&D into changing the ergonomics of their hardware in ways that don't make sense to me. Is the multi-touch, wireless mouse really better than a cheap 2-button optical? I don't really think so, and the non-zero learning curve makes it not worth it to me.

:eek:
i didn't know their mice were different

Back