We should talk about artwork...

Jagular said:
Wow...I agree...I also believe in absolute truth. A rare thing these days ;) :D

Yup. As some neoliberals I have met like to phrase it:

"So everything is a matter of opinion, eh? Go jump of a high cliff and opinionate yourself to not fall down, if you can!"

:D

Jagular said:
Oh and white isn't a color. It is lack of color ;) :D

False. White is the mix of all the colors together... Black is the lack of colors.

:P

Beathoven

Last edited:
Reg, if the primary colors are red blue and green how do you make yellow?

Once again you are dead wrong.

What do I know, I'm just a housepainter.:rolleyes:

There are three primary colors. Red yellow and blue....cyan IS blue dopey dude.

Well, your computer CRT only has Red, Green, and Blue guns....yet somehow you're able to make yellow :)

There are two color models when talking about computer or print graphics:

RGB = Red, Green, Blue - *ALL* colors can be made from combinations of these three.

CMYK = Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black - *All* colors can made from combinations of these.

Slackmaster 2000

...hmmm, how about gold & silver ?

And does anybody know what's the color of my heart now ? :confused:

..uummmmhhh :o :D

jake-owa said:
Reg, if the primary colors are red blue and green how do you make yellow?

You mix green and red.

Yes, really. Look at your computer screen with a magnifier, and you'll see. Yellow is made up of green dots and red dots.

Tada!

There are three primary colors. Red yellow and blue....cyan IS blue dopey dude.

No, cyan is blue-green. It has just as much green in it as it has blue.The link provided by Jagular above explains it all in nasty detail.

And Jake... Why are you so extremely bent on ALWAYS being wrong? Can't you be right, just to cheer me up once? :confused:

I studied all this once... let's see if I remember it right....

There are two methods to combine colors: additive and subtractive.

Additive is the method used when one mixes pigment. Ths is the one most people are familiar with, where Red, Yellow, and Blue are the primary colors that all other colors are derived from. People have been learning this since they were old enough to color or fingerpaint. In a print shop, this is the CMYK model.

Subtractive is the method for mixing light. This is where the RGB model comes in, where red and green make yellow. Most people aren't as familiar with this model. Until the last few decades, most people never mixed colors in this way, and it's therefore much harder to know intuitively wich colors to combine to create a new color.

For example... everyone knows that red and yellow make orange using the additive method. What makes orange in the subtractive method?

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

p.s. White is the absence of color using the additive method, but the sum of all colors in the subtractive. Vice-versa w/ black.

Aaron Cheney said:
[...]Additive is the method used when one mixes pigment.

[...]Subtractive is the method for mixing light.

Actually, it's the other way around.

mixes pigment. Ths is the one most people are familiar with, where Red, Yellow, and Blue are the primary colors that all other colors are derived from.

And no, it's Cyan, Magenta and Yellow.
And you might if you want argue that Cyan is a kind of blue, and Magenta is a kind of red, but you'd be wrong, because Cyan reflects both blue AND green, and Magenta reflects both red AND blue, so in fact Cyan is blue-green and Magenta is a type of violet.

And again, this is all explained in the link that Jagular posted. Here it is again:
http://www.beer.org/~tpark/color.html

No need for discussion, just read the fucking page. It's not even long! :)

OK, I read the article. Other than refresh my memory on which was additive and subtractive (I had them back-asswards, as usual !) , I was pretty much correct.

While the CMYK model is the most accurate, it is important to note the article makes this point:

"If the process primaries cyan and magenta were not available, (and for standard oil paint colors, this is historically the case) the next best primary colors to use would be red, yellow, and blue."
(bold text added by me)

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

Dear Dragon...

rainbow.gif

If you don't mind, it would be better if this BBS has Color Forum. So, we kindly request Color Forum on the BBS :D :D :D

Back