We should talk about artwork...

Since each disc will require its own screen job, the graphics on each disc can be completely different. Now of course it would be lame to make all the CD's look totally different from one another, so here's my idea:

Instead of numbering the CD's (Disk 1, Disk 2, Disk 3), I thought maybe it would be cool to simply COLOR them. That is, each completed set will consist of three CD's in arbitrary order. I have graphics (not web ready at the moment) for a red disc, a blue disc, and a green disc.

So, your contribution wouldn't be the last track on disc 3, it would be the last track on the "red disc". Hence there is no order preference, real or imagined. I wouldn't even insert the CD's into the jewel cases in any particular order.

The back cover of the jewel case would have all the song titles and they'd be color coded appropriately so you'd know who was on which CD.

Also, the graphics I have done up are very simple...mostly just a color flood...that's what I personally like more than anything. Besides, it's kind of hard to do anything with only two colors to choose from. I'll post samples of the discs one of these days to get your yay or nay.

Slackmaster 2000

Great idea, Slack.

But since I am 49% gay, I would vote for pastels over the primaries.

:cool:

All my fingers are thumb...

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Brilliant, Slack !!!

Red CD

Silver CD

BLUE CD

:D

Haha foo, at first I had picked red white and blue simply because I like all those colors....then it suddenly occured to me that maybe it would appear a little too "USA" to our international members!

Slackmaster 2000

*pssst, Dave....those are the colors I already chose if you read my first post...hehe*

They won't be the primaries though...I'm going to take shades from the insert artwork so it all looks good together. That's the plan anyhow.

Slackmaster 2000

*smacks forehead* :eek:

Uhhhhhhh, yeah, I knew that. I was, uh, I was, ....., uh, I was just responding to all the people with other suggestions that your original plan was probalby the least offensive and in fact the best one. Yeah that's it. That's the ticket!

:o

Hey, at least I'm adding to my post count! :D

... and if you look at my first post in this thread (the first reply) you'll see that I actually can back up the above claim!!!!!

:D

Too USA?

They also represent the colours of the flags of the UK, Australia, France (may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their loins) and (I;m sure) several other countries - isn't the Belarus flag those colours? Or maybe it's the Ukraine?

I'm sure whatever you decide - nobody will care, because they will be a reflection of your impeccable taste and good breeding.

;)

foo

Slackmaster2K said:

Post pader :rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to report this post to moderator, and you'll be banned for this :p

Wifey says...
RED CD

DEEP PINK CD

PINK CD

...that's why you can't realy trust a woman for house painting, eh ?

:D :D :D :D :D

Back