The New Tone Thread

I thought you were sharper than that. ;)
I wasn't talking technical.

"Pussy Trimmer" <---> "fuzz"

Get it? :D
Heh - now you can get Bush's guitar sound, Minerman - or that band The Front Bottoms

If that pot is in your signal path and it's low voltage (line level or especially guitar level) it's possible that the capacitance of the heavy wire is cutting into your high frequency - but that's not necessarily a bad thing

I thought you were sharper than that. ;)
I wasn't talking technical.

"Pussy Trimmer" <---> "fuzz"

Get it? :D
Oh I get it dude, but I hate the word "fuzz" when it comes to a guitar sound...:)

My girlfriend asked me what I was doing yesterday (while I was doing the mod), & I told her I was fixing my pussy trimmer...she asked "well...what's that do?", so I told her it either puts hair on it, or takes it off....

And yeah Antichef, I thought about that, but it doesn't seem to affect the tone, & after thinking about it, I've got an old ART Tube MP that I could probably gut for some parts if I had to , but again it seems fine...

So many great tones to catch up on. Been working outside the last few days.

Antichef checked out your sound bites and they both sound good but that second one was what my ears liked more. I would like to think that extra bit of bite it has over the other clip would make it stand out in a mix.

Miner your mod looks really cool sir. Well beyond my level of comprehension once you start taking things apart though. Anything will amaze me haha. Still awesome though.

Miner your mod looks really cool sir. Well beyond my level of comprehension once you start taking things apart though. Anything will amaze me haha. Still awesome though.
Dude, that really wasn't a mod to me, I just replaced one pot with another basically....I had to solder 3 points (actually 5 counting the 2 little jumpers I had to put in because the original wires wouldn't reach the new pot), the center & right lug has a little jumper on 'em (I used a leg off a capacitor I got with some guitar pots back in the winter), then just basically wired the external pot exactly like the trim pot inside the amp was...Really easy dude...I did have to add a couple inches of wire because they weren't long enough to reach the new pot, but again, this was no big deal really...

The biggest thing that worried me was drilling a hole in the back plate, the chassis already had a hole, I just had to drill through the faceplate...

My amp is about 5 years old, & the newer Ceriatone amps already have the trimmer knob on the back/outside, so it is pretty nice to be able to tweak that if I wanna...

eI0zsCD.jpg

I sold the Axe-Fx and got a Kemper instead.
Fits neatly under my monitor too. It's a godsend considering that this is all the desk space I have lol

It's the height of three rack unit spaces. It feels a bit bigger than the lunchbox version to me but it's just a better fit if you're not transporting it.

Tell me about the pills. I like pills. Pills are good. No smoke, no syringes, no messy rocks or powder, no muss, no fuss. All good!

I think I'm missing a reference here but they're zinc :P

I got shitloads of clutter too but it doesn't reside on my monitors.
It's all justifiable things: slides, effect pedals, DI boxes, CDs, cell phone, wallet, pens, picks and contacts.
All my other surfaces are already full!

Here's something I recorded just now with the Kemper. Guitars and bass are from the preset pack that Thomann gives you. I went with the "King Vintage" preset and tweaked it a bit. I think it's based on a King Crimson tone but I've never listened to their stuff so I wouldn't know.

Back