Mid - 6
Treb - 4
Preamp vol - 7
Master vol - 7
Marshall 1960B 4x12 - Celestion Vintage 30
Audix i5 on axis, 2" off grill, halfway to edge
No EQ or other tom foolery in DAW

I'mma livin on a chinese cock

Sounds pretty awesome to me. Whaddaya think?

Nice clip, Greg. It's very rich and full for what is basically a single coil, isn't it?

No tones from me today, I haven't been able to arrange to see/try/buy my new head yet, and the TSL's in the van already for tonight's gig. I've been recording with my Marshall AVT combo this week - sounds surprisingly good.

Oh, I've got the bendy snake attachment (in place of the rigid neck - still not enough reach and if the bendy thing was any longer it would start to go floppy.

So weird. So even with the grabber and a bendy snake you still can't reach the speaker?

Nice clip, Greg. It's very rich and full for what is basically a single coil, isn't it?

No tones from me today, I haven't been able to arrange to see/try/buy my new head yet, and the TSL's in the van already for tonight's gig. I've been recording with my Marshall AVT combo this week - sounds surprisingly good.

Thanks, yeah, P-90 is a single coil. I do have it very close to the strings too, so that probably helps give it some meat. I really like it.

So what's the hold up on the JVM?

I bought this package twice, cheap but seem to be working well for staying in the room. Not good enough to gig with or anything but good for what most of us do. I have two on my drums and use the other two as needed mostly on cabs/amps. I like them because they will adjust up to past waist height and are compact.

So weird. So even with the grabber and a bendy snake you still can't reach the speaker?
The grabber doesn't have a solid neck on it. The bendy snake comes straight out of the spring loaded grabbing unit - if I had a solid section as well it would probably work fine. To be fair, the spring loaded clamp is great - its onto the side of the cab like a vice!

Bubba, how far south to you get with your shows?

So what's the hold up on the JVM?

I don't know. The bloke seems to have posted his ad on a fly-by and hasn't checked or bumped it, or read his messages in four days! Perhaps he works on the rigs or something. Very frustrating.

Bubba, how far south to you get with your shows?
The farthest south we've gone so far is Market Warsop, near Nottingham. We're supposed to be arranging something in Wrexham as it's the bass player's home town, but it's not happened yet!

The grabber doesn't have a solid neck on it. The bendy snake comes straight out of the spring loaded grabbing unit - if I had a solid section as well it would probably work fine. To be fair, the spring loaded clamp is great - its onto the side of the cab like a vice!
Ah, okay. Did it not come with the solid 90 degree neck? I have two of them, and both of mine have the 90 and then the mic clip attaches to that. This is one of mine, and it is at max reach to wrap around a Marshall B cab. It can't go no wider and is probably about to explode from the strain.

The bendy snake guys take the mic clamp off and put the bendy snake right there for more reach, and then put the mic clip at the end of the bendy snake.

I don't know. The bloke seems to have posted his ad on a fly-by and hasn't checked or bumped it, or read his messages in four days! Perhaps he works on the rigs or something. Very frustrating.

That's lame. You'd think that a fucker that wants to sell something would be on top of selling it!

Lol. This thread is pretty much the only thing worth coming back for nowadays. The rest of the site is pretty disappointing these days for me. I wish the drum section would pick up, but as we know, no one in here uses real drums anymore. I thought about making a drum tone thread, but I'd be the only one in it. :D

Do it. I'll join you. I'm just getting ready to start recording my drums and could use some guidance. My drum tones don't sound bad, I just want to make them better.

I wish the drum section would pick up, but as we know, no one in here uses real drums anymore. I thought about making a drum tone thread, but I'd be the only one in it. :D

Id contribute to that. I need to get my drum sounds down better. If you start it up Im sure others would join in. I wouldnt mind picking your brain a bit to as to what Ive done so far.

Maybe if Rami comes back. I'd want him in on it too. People get upset when we talk real drums though. I guess it's intimidating? I don't know. And then it'd probably get polluted with programming talk, and then the whole thing gets ruined. And then I get blamed again for hurting people's feelings. Then I get banned again. I think I just talked myself out of it.

People get upset when we talk real drums though. I guess it's intimidating? I don't know. And then it'd probably get polluted with programming talk, and then the whole thing gets ruined. And then I get blamed again for hurting people's feelings. Then I get banned again. I think I just talked myself out of it.

Fuck them. This is America.

A while back I posted this thread re a DIY amp clamp. Maybe that'll work for you? I use them for live micing, but it will work in the studio.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/equipment-forums/guitars-and-basses/diy-amp-cab-mic-clamp-377387/

Maybe if Rami comes back. I'd want him in on it too. People get upset when we talk real drums though. I guess it's intimidating? I don't know. And then it'd probably get polluted with programming talk, and then the whole thing gets ruined. And then I get blamed again for hurting people's feelings. Then I get banned again. I think I just talked myself out of it.

There's probably equal merit in two threads to be fair - a live drums tone thread and a fake drums tone thread. I want to get real drums on my tracks eventually, but in the mean time I want to make my fake drums sound as good as possible.

There's no reason for people to be intimidated - no one playing any sort of "band" music (rock, funk, metal, folk etc) actually wants fake drums and there's no shame in admitting you just don't have the space and money to play and record drums. You still want to make your fake drums sound as good as they possibly can.

As I said, I'll be happy to contribute. Got a 70's Gretsch with a 22" kick, toms are 12, 14, 15 and 18. I'm looking to put some new skins on, but haven't yet. The drums are always mic'd and ready to go.

Back