The New Tone Thread

Yeah guys, don't know how to act having someone to actually support something I enjoy doing, instead of bitchin' about it....

The amp should be here around the end of the coming week, with the used cab coming from Guitar Center Online.....Pretty stoked, won't have to fuck up my 'lil DSL, & will have enough "oomph" to have good/better tones from now on....Actually, tickled to fuckin' death....Life's good for a change....

Gotta go, have to work tomorrow too (yes on a Sunday), but the countdown to vacation starts tomorrow, either Thursday or Friday will be my last day for 9-10 days......Fuckin' stoked, no work new gear, new woman.....Dunno if I can handle it all....LOL....

Can't fuckin' wait guys....I'm really excited, especially the green crunch channel/mode, it should fuckin' rock.....Don't know if I'm gonna keep the Egnater or not now, of course, it does a pretty good Fender/Marshall imitation, but, it'll probably get traded off during vacation, I'll be going to Knoxville toward the end of the week (that's the closest Guitar Center around here), & may end up flipping it to get something else....

I'm planning on having a rig like Greg's eventually, a 800, a JVM, a Plexi, etc., & I know it'll take time & lots of $$$, but that's my plan, we'll see I suppose....I also want some different cabs like a V30 & Greenback cab....:D

Fuckin' stoked, pics & clips to come toward the end of the week, gotta get my tour of duty over first....

OK, off to work, but I'll be back around 11:30-12-ish tonight.....Hate to keep on & on, but I'm really fuckin' stoked about the new amp, 6 more shifts.....See ya!!!

Fuck it guys, gonna order the Bogner Red pedal too while I'm at it.....Been wanting this shit for too long, busted my fuckin' ass all these years, so from now on, I'm gonna have what the fuck I want, life's too short to be miserable, so again, fuck it, I work my ass off (today made 7 shifts in a row without a day off btw, plus got about 5 more to go...), & I'm gonna have shit that I want....:D

The whole shebang should be here around the end of the week, just in time for my vacation, fuckin' stoked!!!!!! Pics & clips to come, I know it's been months now, but I'm finally getting my shit lined out, thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive....

Haha, I love it. Get you a TC Electronic Flashback Delay for the loop while you're at it.

Dude, don't tempt me....Like I mentioned, I've been wanting this shit forever, & I ain't gettin' any younger, so fuck it....

Should have toans for days now with the new amp & pedal, plus all the other shit I've got...But, I know it ain't gonna stop, I'm eventually gonna have the JVM, an 800, a Plexi, & a couple more 4x12 cabs with different speakers, but I've gotta start somewhere...

I might even buy some new/different mics this week too, I've got the '57 & a couple of condensors, but there's a few more cheaper mics I've been wanting too (i5, Sennheiser e609)....

Really fuckin' stoked, dunno if you guys realize this or not, but I was totally fuckin' miserable before....Now, I can do what I want, when I want (of course I could've done that before, but would hear bitchin' for days & days over the least little thing....), life's good for a change....

The new gear should be here by Friday, maybe even Thursday, & according to our production at work, my vacation may even start this Thursday, just depends on how well we do the next couple of days....Of course, on one hand, I'd like to work all week because of the $$$, but, I'd like to get an extra day or two off work too.....It's been a rough 6-8 months for me, but things are finally starting to look up.....This vacation is gonna be a well-deserved break for me, & I'm gonna go batshit fuckin' crazy for about a week.....:laughings:

FUCKIN' STOKED!!!!!! :D :cool: :guitar:

Haha, dude lemme tell ya, I've re-evaluated my amps.

The JVM - it's a great amp, it really is, if you only want ONE Marshall amp, it's a great one to have. It covers a lot of ground. Pretty much all of the ground. But....

Since getting the JVM I've gotten the 2204, the 800 2203, and the Plexi. I must admit that for my needs, they're each better than the JVM. I can dial in the sound of those amps on the JVM, then I turn on the real things and it's like WHOA! Those amps naturally do their own sound and style better than the JVM does their sound, but the JVM does a very respectable job with it. The JVM is a better gigging amp for sure if you need all those bells and whistles. It's also by far the best if you wanna go for low volume goofing around. But really, for pure tone awesomeness, the classic versions win for what I'm doing with them. The Plexi and 800 are my favorite amps in my arsenal.

Ok, so, tomorrow's my last day of work for 10 big fuckin' days.....and, the new gear will be here tomorrow, well, the DSL100 & Bogner pedal anyway, the 4x12 cab won't be here until Friday, but it's all good....I've got a bunch of shit to do Friday morning, but pics & clips to come in a day or two....

Really fuckin' excited about the new amp, with the Bogner pedal, I'll basically have a 6 channel/mode amp (od1, od2, green crunch, & green clean, then the pedal has the variac switch plus a boost)....Fuckin' cool guys, most of you have no idea how hard I work for my $$$$, so this is really gonna be a treat....

Gonna go grab a shower & something to eat....

Ok so, spent the night with the new girlfriend, &, she woke me up saying "your stuff's here...."....told her "bullshit, won't be here until after I go to work"....but, guess what???? The head & pedal are here guys.....Cab won't be here until tomorrow though, & I didn't even bring a guitar with me, so I can't try it out until tomorrow....Here's a few pics:

Attachments

• IMG00245-20140626-1053.jpg
    IMG00245-20140626-1053.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00247-20140626-1054.jpg
    IMG00247-20140626-1054.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00248-20140626-1054.jpg
    IMG00248-20140626-1054.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 15
Yeah dude, it's fuckin' killin' me, no cab & no guitar.....but, tomorrow's another day....last shift tonight before my vacation, I get 10 fuckin' days off, so I'm gonna let the new rig fuckin' rip.....I told the new girlfriend I'd bring her some earplugs from work....LOL....

And again, I know this is brutally mean, but, if she can't handle my music being loud when I track/record, then, down the fuckin' road I go....I don't think it's gonna be a problem though, she's really laid back, & takes really good care of me when we're together....

One more fuckin' shift guys....Can't wait!!!!!

Both the amp & pedal look to have really good build quality, haven't found any nicks, scratches or whatever, so far, so good....The Bogner pedal is really nicely built, metal housing that seems really sturdy, & one cool thing about it is when the battery gets low, the led's flash to let you know, instead of just dying out/sucking the tone until the battery completely dies....

One more fuckin' shift guys....Gonna go throw on some work clothes, throw some grub in a Wal-Mart bag, & head out the door....Life's good for a change, I'd forgotten how it felt to actually look forward to each day.....

Yank the chassis and give it a good look over. Make sure nothing looks burned or came unsoldered. And check the bias. Marshall is notorious for cold biasing their new stuff.

Superficial observation... But it's funny, the controls on the DSL100H are in the exact reverse order of the controls on my DSL40C.

I want/expect some clips!!!!!

Superficial observation... But it's funny, the controls on the DSL100H are in the exact reverse order of the controls on my DSL40C.

I want/expect some clips!!!!!

They're not really. Your combo is just a head flipped upside down into a combo cab. For real. Or vice versa. :D

Back