The "CHALLENGE" thread.

There ya go...a punk resurrecting the dinosaurs. Next thing we know he'll be doing Pink Floyd covers.

I spent hundreds of hours (literally) on the dinosaur and it's not quite finished yet! So at the moment I'm spending all my time on recording!

Well, I got some bad news for you. Dinosaurs never existed. All excavated "fossils" have been planted. The propagation of the dinosaurs myth is a joint plot between the Jews, Freemasons and the Bildeburg Group to keep the teaching of Creationism out of American public schools, keep pot illegal, make hookers overcharge for blowjobs and scare people into showing up for jury duty.

C'mon.
I challenge someone to do Final Solution by Pere Ubu - OR 30 Seconds Over Tokyo if you're into sound effects.
PS. You can't tip the butcher back!

C'mon.
I challenge someone to do Final Solution by Pere Ubu - OR 30 Seconds Over Tokyo if you're into sound effects.
PS. You can't tip the butcher back!

I just had a listen to Final Solution. I like it! I've probably heard it before on either Peely or live. I remember seeing Pere Ubu live on the same bill as Dead Or Alive (pre "You spin me right round" - they were rather good) and headlined by The Gang of Four in the Eighties. I don't know if I'll attempt it, though. The backing has a feel of Cab. Voltaire in its tones.

That's a nice line in disparagement NTB.
When are you 2 blokes going to write and record an original?

When are you 2 blokes going to write and record an original?

My originals were awesome. I lost interest in writing them at some point a few months ago. Maybe I've matured as a songwriter, and songs about homicidal, substance-abusing truck drivers weren't doing it for me anymore. My songs were like Aesop's fables, in that there was a moral to each one. I was surprisingly deep in those 10-15 minutes I spent writing them.

Here's a thought - why don't you do the drums for me? :D And I wouldn't mind collaborating on your originals, too.

Here's a thought - why don't you do the drums for me? :D And I wouldn't mind collaborating on your originals, too.

You wanna go slummin' in the aural ghetto of NTB's drumwork? Sure, what the hell. In the spirit of collaborating in good faith, I will even attempt to do it BEFORE my standing Saturday afternoon liquoring-up appointment. 99% of everything else I've played before has done AFTER that appointment, which pretty much makes any quality control go out the window.

This was my previous tribute to Joe Jackson's genius, which I guess I did a month or so ago. I don't think it's too shabby, considering that whole QC clusterfuck I always have to deal with.

https://soundcloud.com/user92696274096/happy-loving-couples/s-EL8zX

You wanna go slummin' in the aural ghetto of NTB's drumwork? Sure, what the hell. In the spirit of collaborating in good faith, I will even attempt to do it BEFORE my standing Saturday afternoon liquoring-up appointment. 99% of everything else I've played before has done AFTER that appointment, which pretty much makes any quality control go out the window.

This was my previous tribute to Joe Jackson's genius, which I guess I did a month or so ago. I don't think it's too shabby, considering that whole QC clusterfuck I always have to deal with.

https://soundcloud.com/user92696274096/happy-loving-couples/s-EL8zX

Of course I do! It's all about the struggle, really. :D I'm honoured that you're going to stay sober for little old me.

I'll listen to your J.J. track tonight. :thumbs up:

I'm still on with this - guitars and drums are done -but I have issues.

#1 - the bass is quite complicated and very fast on the original.

#2 - The drum tracks that NTB has sent me are substantially faster than the original. :D

It's a case of either practice like hell, or simplify it a bit. And I don't want to simplify it. :D

Watch this space.

Back