The "CHALLENGE" thread.

NTB,
I do the rhythm guitars and bass plus any odd badly played bits like cello, mandolin etc. & ONE guitar solo in 40 years.
Terry sings, does sax & flute.
We have had luck getting folk like Ido1957 to do guitar solos, GregL, RAMI & Erik to do drums.
We're called PB because we're both short and we used a self programmed peculiar pattern on a drum machine for many years.
Like I said - I like your version.
If you get a chance go back to that link & listen to Sewer/Night Out & Gimli's Lament for the range of your stuff.

The only Australian guy I ever knew was huge, probably 6'3" 240. He also used the c-word a lot. Like all the time, to describe just about everything he saw. I thought it was funny at first, but after a while I told him to buy a fucking thesaurus. The word loses all its power when so overused! :)

I'll check out your songs. Have you accepted any challenges thus far?

BUBBA-

I did a Cock Sparrer song yesterday. I went out and came home early so as not to subject myself to the dreaded new year's eve DUI. Unfortunately I recorded the drums right after coming home. Waiting a couple hours would have yielded better results. But that's neither here nor there.

How you could not like this band is beyond me. I challenge you to do "Working" or "Runnin' Riot" for your next dealie.

Here I am, claiming your country as my property, as Christopher Columbus once did to the Americas when he stepped off the boat:

https://soundcloud.com/user92696274096/england-belongs-to-me/s-5K853

BUBBA-

I did a Cock Sparrer song yesterday. I went out and came home early so as not to subject myself to the dreaded new year's eve DUI. Unfortunately I recorded the drums right after coming home. Waiting a couple hours would have yielded better results. But that's neither here nor there.

How you could not like this band is beyond me. I challenge you to do "Working" or "Runnin' Riot" for your next dealie.

Here I am, claiming your country as my property, as Christopher Columbus once did to the Americas when he stepped off the boat:

https://soundcloud.com/user92696274096/england-belongs-to-me/s-5K853

I hate that song with every fibre of my being. Which is a shame, because that's about the best sounding recording you've made so far. :D I depped on guitar for a band a few years ago and that was in their set list. I went to the bar and sat that one out. :)

I hate that song with every fibre of my being. Which is a shame, because that's about the best sounding recording you've made so far. :D I depped on guitar for a band a few years ago and that was in their set list. I went to the bar and sat that one out. :)

Come on! If I were British and I heard that song in the 80s, I would have immediately enlisted and DEMANDED to be dropped off somewhere in the Falklands with a machine gun and a Walkman. The sun never sets on the British Empire! :)

Ha ha! :D I've always seen it as a racist anthem, to be honest. It might not have been the writer's intention, but it was certainly taken up by racist white thugs over here.

I've been doing "White Man in Hammersmith Palais" for the last few days. I wasn't going to, but I gave Frank a choice of songs and he wasn't keen on most of them. He's always liked "White Man" so that's what we ended up doing. :/

I finished tracking all the guitars today, going to finish up the vocals, piano and harmonica tomorrow. I might retrack the bass through an amp tomorrow, I D.I.'d it and used an amp sim, but I'm not happy with it.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, racists can like or hate whatever they want... that's their business. If I discover that racists like Cheerios, I'm not going to stop eating them because of it. I will continue to like and hate what I want... and I like Cock Sparrer and hate reggae! :)

I make an exception for your reggae songs, however, because, as was noted before, you are a swell guy.

Hey, it started out innocently enough. I thought I was crashing a toga party when I followed the guys in sheets into the building. I did start to get a little suspicious when I overhead the phrase "jew government" in three separate conversations in the first five minutes, but the hors d'oeuvres were so great that I couldn't bring myself to leave right away. When they told me they had a spread like that every week, signing up was a no-brainer.

Hey, it started out innocently enough. I thought I was crashing a toga party when I followed the guys in sheets into the building. I did start to get a little suspicious when I overhead the phrase "jew government" in three separate conversations in the first five minutes, but the hors d'oeuvres were so great that I couldn't bring myself to leave right away. When they told me they had a spread like that every week, signing up was a no-brainer.

I wouldn't eat a horse's douvre. What is this, a bush-tucker challenge thread? :D

"Bush-tucker"? They gotta stop calling whatever the hell you guys speak over there "English". :)

"Bush Tucker" is actually an Australian term - it's about surviving in the wild off unpalatable foodstuffs. There has been a British TV series for the last ten years or so called "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here", where z-list celebrities have to go through six weeks of privations in the Australian jungle and are voted in or out by the great British public. One of the challenges involves eating really horrible stuff, like cockroaches, giant caterpillars, fish eyes and kangaroos' anuses. (not joking).

I'm going to post a link here - it's not for the faint-hearted. This is me, showing off my T-Rex carving. You may or may not be able to understand a single word of what I'm on about. :D

Last edited:
"Bush Tucker" as a term used in Australia refers to food provided by the environment as consumed by our indigenous folk from meat to herbs, from kangaroo to finger limes to pepper berries.
The Limey definition is perverted by journalese and Fleet Street grabs and generally refers to the least favoured food.
Interestingly enough Australia is only just this year getting it's I'M A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here show.
Bubba - your voice, accent and elocution sound fine to me.

NTB,
You did a good job on England.
It is an xenophobic anthem bemoaning the loss of empire and the gaining of immigrants.
Funny how xenophobia doesn't occur when the person/nation/culture dominates: probably due to the colonialist/paternalist/missionary zeal of taking and changing.
Pity Chris Columbus was so far out when he claimed the Americas - lucky for him history didn't assign him Hispaniola and leave him as a the laughing stock he truly was.

NTB,
You did a good job on England.
It is an xenophobic anthem bemoaning the loss of empire and the gaining of immigrants.
Funny how xenophobia doesn't occur when the person/nation/culture dominates: probably due to the colonialist/paternalist/missionary zeal of taking and changing.
Pity Chris Columbus was so far out when he claimed the Americas - lucky for him history didn't assign him Hispaniola and leave him as a the laughing stock he truly was.

To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to, I suppose. I just think it's a cool song. As I said, it makes me want to invade the Falklands or beat up a Frenchman, and I'm not even English! I'd probably have to settle for a French-speaking Canadian, as I'm not crossing the ocean for this.

Thanks for the compliment. Are you going to do a song?

"Bush Tucker" is actually an Australian term - it's about surviving in the wild off unpalatable foodstuffs. There has been a British TV series for the last ten years or so called "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here", where z-list celebrities have to go through six weeks of privations in the Australian jungle and are voted in or out by the great British public. One of the challenges involves eating really horrible stuff, like cockroaches, giant caterpillars, fish eyes and kangaroos' anuses. (not joking).

I'm going to post a link here - it's not for the faint-hearted. This is me, showing off my T-Rex carving. You may or may not be able to understand a single word of what I'm on about. :D

Impressive carving. Which hobby do you spend more time on?

Your accent isn't that severe (from my perspective). I got about 90% of the words.

Tah - mar - tow.
Challenge - no, sorry. Can't do leads or vocals.
It'd have to be a collab.

Impressive carving. Which hobby do you spend more time on?

Your accent isn't that severe (from my perspective). I got about 90% of the words.

I spent hundreds of hours (literally) on the dinosaur and it's not quite finished yet! So at the moment I'm spending all my time on recording!

Back