Shrooms

Them boys are baked. Could be on the pot, maybe. They got the PGs, the permanent grins, looking at each other like there's something between them, something they know that everyone doesn't. Them boys just might be trippin'. Given the era, less likely shrooms than LSD.

Incidentally, I believe that is Carol Kaye on bass, pre-recorded studio track.

Last edited:
Remember back tripping, catching your reflection in a mirror, your pupils so big they nearly covered the color of your eyes? No matter how much fun you were having, that was a real eye opener, almost a shock of seeing someone you didn't recognize. Verification, you were out of your gourd fucked up. Scary moment in a way. It won't last forever, you'll make it back. Or will you.

Only bad trip I had, and it wasn't as horrible as some I've seen, I eventually had to just lay in the grass looking up at the stars for a few hours until it passed. I was kind of a little worried it wouldn't, I'd end up like Crazy Francis, "I used to have 23 harps, then I got too high and they took them all away".

I remember daytime tripping with a friend, for some odd reason we had to go to the post office. Waiting in line for them to finish with a guy in front of us, it was sooo quiet. We couldn't look at each other because it would cause us both to laugh. Sooo quiet, both standing there trying to suppress laughter, and failing, like a couple of lunatics. Almost a feeling of panic. My turn, stamps I think it was, I couldn't get it out. Everytime I would attempt to speak the only thing that came out was suppressed laughter, maniacal suppressed laughter, the type one might place their hand over their mouth to conceal, tears welling up in my eyes and down my cheeks. Fun!

Yeah, it's definitely advisable to stay in a controlled space rather than out in public doing that kind of stuff. Maybe just stay home, watch some guy on the teevee spend hours hand carving a wooden shovel only to in the end discover it had developed a big crack along the grain. "It'll burn real good." lulz

Thanks for sharing man! Interesting, but how do you get legal micro dose LSD that you know is "clean" e.g. "don't do the brown acid man"
I get it legally through the Medical System - I'm part of a Test group.

I was not a proponent of LSD because you never knew what you were going to get...Had one friend who had a terrifying bad trip...
Well in Microdosing you can't go on a bad trip - it's practically impossible because of the dose restriction - it's very controlled and like I said
you aren't taking a Hallucinogenic dose

I used to have fun with people on L ...I'd make sparkly balls in my hand and then throw them out into the sky and they'd go wow man how'd you do that? They'd see this thing glowing in my hand growing and glowing lke a ball and then when I threw it out in the sky they'd watch it explode with all these sparkles floating down. I'm just imagining it all in my mind but. they actually see it.. Telepathic? I don't know, I mean I did tell them what I was doing when I made the sparkly ball... Watch this, it's a sparkly ball all I know is I did it and they saw it.... TBH I actually did seem to see a flash when I threw it once...
Crazy what our minds can do.
You have to take a lot of LSD to get there - and the dose is a small amount.
On that bad trip thing it was two friends and they both saw the same shit....spiders crawling all over them crawling out of their mouths...throwing up in the toilet and then 1000's of them crawling out of the toilet all over the place freaky frightening shit. Both dudes put down on drugs for several years after that.
Well no one can help that - they took too much or the 'brown acid' so to speak.

One time I was at a guy's house I didn't really know that well, ended up there because he also played guitar or something. I was about 16. His dad came in and before you know it we were all tripping like crazy. I was always really respectful of parental units, on my best behavior. This was strange! Attempting to conduct myself in a proper manner in front of this kid's dad, while tripping, quite a peculiar situation. His dad whips out an album I'd never heard, strange album cover. King Crimson. Album wasn't helping the situation, not the best fun i've ever had.

• Wow
Reactions: TAE
I get it legally through the Medical System - I'm part of a Test group.

Well in Microdosing you can't go on a bad trip - it's practically impossible because of the dose restriction - it's very controlled and like I said
you aren't taking a Hallucinogenic dose

You have to take a lot of LSD to get there - and the dose is a small amount.

Well no one can help that - they took too much or the 'brown acid' so to speak.
Cool thanks again for the detailed response......I can see how this might help psychologically... :thumbs up:

I was 13. My brother was a Marine in Vietnam. I was gung ho. One good dose of LSD and it was all over.
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR as I am listening to "For What it is Worth"

I did em a few times back in the day....also did peyote a few times, mescaline once....no LSD.
I've been clean and sober 35 years this October If there is one thing I might still do once or twice as I ride off into the sunset it is shrooms in a very controlled environment.
Microdosing has become a huge thing at least here in Cali...

Opinions? Experiences?
Are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced? Well I have.
Like you, I've been in recovery for quite a while. Like you, I have a lot of experience with various psychedelics.

I can't imagine voluntarily surrendering control of my mind/body to a chemical again, especially something as potent as psychedelics (psilocybin, LSD). The exception would be in a therapeutic situation, under the guidance (and pretense) of a clinician/doctor. But I don't have PTSD or a disorder that's been studied with this as a proven treatment. So for me, it would just be an elaborate ruse/mental gymnastics into "using" again.

Marijuana maintenance was the prior fad that took many recovering people out, this is just the next 'excuse' that will take the next wave of users out.

At this point, if you know you know. You know? There's no benefit or need to dose again once you've had the experiences and insight these drugs provide. If the experience never actually happened, then it's certainly a tempting proposition to revisit them. I'd not argue against doing so, but the context (and pretense) need to be right. Curiosity or nostalgia isn't it.

See what weed can do to ya.
Seems the scale of a guitar is meant to let your body continue to specialize, and refine finger fret mind spaces. Like. The object isnt to have one of each scale or something. This was my mistake. Thinking it was 'this or that'. It seems like it wants 'its' so, its its its..its its its....you whan more. The need to be right..

Ill come back when my brain can conversate

Like you, I've been in recovery for quite a while. Like you, I have a lot of experience with various psychedelics.

I can't imagine voluntarily surrendering control of my mind/body to a chemical again, especially something as potent as psychedelics (psilocybin, LSD). The exception would be in a therapeutic situation, under the guidance (and pretense) of a clinician/doctor. But I don't have PTSD or a disorder that's been studied with this as a proven treatment. So for me, it would just be an elaborate ruse/mental gymnastics into "using" again.

Marijuana maintenance was the prior fad that took many recovering people out, this is just the next 'excuse' that will take the next wave of users out.

At this point, if you know you know. You know? There's no benefit or need to dose again once you've had the experiences and insight these drugs provide. If the experience never actually happened, then it's certainly a tempting proposition to revisit them. I'd not argue against doing so, but the context (and pretense) need to be right. Curiosity or nostalgia isn't it.
For me "IF" I do it again in a dose large enough to be psychoactive it will be for the spiritual experience not the high. 35 years sober yesterday. I am not going to ever go back to drinking or drugging. Or so I believe anyway....Seen old timers go out so I realize there are no guarantees. The micro dosing to help with the brain which for me is fading is a more likely possibility as it is getting a little weird n a bit scary. Met with my neurologist a few days back and she does not think I have dementia ( just part of getting old...damn!) but is going to run some test to see if there is anything to be concerned about.

Uh oh, might want to consider leaving them mushrooms in the freezer.

Did you hear about that pilot who tried to cut power to an airliner? Haven't followed the story, been too busy, but word is he is blaming his actions on it being his first time eating mushrooms. Maybe he was just too high and wanted to come down.

Environment, kids. I remember my first time taking LSD, Aerosmith concert, nose bleed section. Mahogany Rush the opener. Awesome show. Leaving the joint they had escalators with either a large window or mirror reflecting the various up and down escalators. A bit like finding the tripping balls Waldo. Anyway, environment and mood. Controlled environment/setting, and don't go into it in a bad state of mind expecting it to set you straight towards happiness and mad laughs. Turn on the toob with a trusted friend, watch some guy spend hours carving a homemade wooden shovel only to find it has a big crack in it, "it'll burn real good". Maybe consider not getting in a plain. Hide away your harps, you never know what'll happen.

Back