Public Mix Contest #3!!!

boo hiss, guess I loose LOL
I converted @ 128khz ha ha ha no chit. sum beaaach!!

You didn' t see this BB. ha

T

Bryan,

I have a problem with Tekker's entry -- the MP3 is completely empty (the file is there, and has length, but no waveform)...... I tried downloading it again but can no longer get to the D/L page.....

Let me know!

Hey Bear. LOL That is Tekkers mix. LOL

here is a qute from him..

That was a joke mix I did, because I don't like heavy metal music. So I muted everything and turned it in... I think it's the best metal mix I've ever heard...

Ha-ha... funny... but I just wasted an hour and a half trying to find out where/how/why the file got corrupted.... looks like I'll be invoicing Tekker a couple of hours........ :eek:

The Results Are In...............

............and you ALL suck!!! ;)

Before I post - here's the preamble.......

I expanded the scoring range from 1-5 to 1-10 instead...... and I added another category - OVERALL MIX IMPACT - mainly because there were certain songs that sounded good sonically, but lacked punch, and vice-versa.....

As before, the scope of the ratings are within the group of mixes themselves. I wasn't comparing each mix to a commercial reference one at a time. This means all the scores are more or less relative to each other across mixes and it should be clearly audible why a mix scored low compared to another.

And again, I did the scoring "blind" - the entrant's names were only put into the chart after I entered all the scores, so I never knew who I was scoring at the time I was listening. (I put all the entries onto 2 CDs - so while I was listening, I only had track numbers as a reference, not names)

Also, one more change from the last time -- I level-adjusted each mix for roughly the same SPL before they went to CD, meaning those who used limiting as a means to get a very hot mix wasted their efforts (except to lop off dynamics!)

So, without further ado...... the results will follow... congratulations to the winner, and A for effort to everyone for participating!

PS - Finster -- I noticed some serious flanging on the drum OHs on nearly everyone's mixes - I take it that was on the original tracks?? (If not -- then everyone needs to deduct an additional 4 points!!! ;) )

Last edited:
Hey... I'm pleasantly surprised...

Congrats to the winner...

This was fun... And it was good practice as well.
I setill have the files to play around with as well...
To give myself some more needed practice in this style.
Looking forward to the next one.

Yes, congratulations!
Time for me to go back to playing? My goodness... My mixes stink.
No more contest for me.

(Gary... again!) :)

I got 10th. I suppose that's not too bad.

I really wish I listened to my mix again before saying it was final. Ha.

Congrats.

Back