Post your latest purchase!

With the original Korg MS20, the patch cables definitely did things - the various parts of the synth were not physical connected otherwise - you had to connect the oscillator to the LPF, control it with a different osc, etc. Had an input to connect to 5 volt voltage control from a guitar or mic input (really worked horribly!)
I had a whole book of patch cable/control settings for different sounds. When poly synths came out, these things became useless overnight.
There was a reason Keith Emerson only used a few different sounds live with his huge Moog set up!

Im sequencing mine through CV with an SQ-1...you can sequence each oscillator paraphonically...its like a step back in time. The filter is very noisy but Im loving lo-fi just now anyway

Oh yeah, noisy for sure - I used to run mine through a cobbled-together 'stereo' Radio Shack mixer (two mono passive mixers wired and bolted together) into my Fender Bandmaster amp - who cared about noise? :p

the build quality of the reissue is so good I scraped the the paint on the top placing the sequencer on it :facepalm:

And now for something completely different

Bought this little sucker yesterday. I could shave with it if I had to.

39711-04-1000.jpg

A throw-away bid of £20, not expecting to win but evidently did, got this tired, old, dirty, dusty, nasty looking thing from a local auction today. Despite the look of it, after a couple of hours work on it, it turns out there's a nice guitar under god knows how many years of grime.

1.jpg

4.jpg

2 before after.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

My studio got quite a few new toys this week.
An ART Pro VLA, a Univox EM-200 disk echo, and a Fender 66 Deluxe Reverb.
The Fender isn't quite a purchase but an amp I am fixing up for a friend. He said we can both use it for recording so I am pretty stoked.
12722509_10154055366567112_1284452728_o.jpg
12675025_10154055368682112_67819589_o.jpg

My studio got quite a few new toys this week.
An ART Pro VLA, a Univox EM-200 disk echo, and a Fender 66 Deluxe Reverb.
The Fender isn't quite a purchase but an amp I am fixing up for a friend. He said we can both use it for recording so I am pretty stoked.
View attachment 96450
View attachment 96449

Nice! I'm curious how the Pro VLA compares to the Pro VLA II. I've had the "II" for a couple years now and I think that it's a very impressive compressor for the money. Smooth and transparent when used for reasonable amounts of gain reduction, and feature-rich.

I'm feeling the same way about the original VLA. Unlike the newer model it has fixed attack and release times but very useful nonetheless. So far I have used it on bass, vocals, and very gently on a drum bus. I have have found cranking the makeup gain does something cool to the signal. I'm guessing the tube is in the makeup gain stage.

Im old enough to recall ART crap.....but the BlackFace series really kicked ass.
Its too bad the early stuff kind of hit the name, but the VLA, MPA, and Channels are really good..I agree.
VLA v VLA 2, I didnt know there was a difference. I like my ART Voice Channel over my other preamps some costing $1000.

I just grabbed some open-back headphones recently.
the $300 ones are better but the $68 ones are really close sound wise....I have a feeling a lot of open-backs sound clear and neutral by design which is why I bought the $68 to see.

Back