Post your latest purchase!

I'm not sure ..... red is the obvious color but I have a pair of old Bill Lawrence p'ups I think I'm gonna use and they're creme so I may go with a yellow or possibly just a clear coat and leave it natural.

I could even go nuts and stain it green or blue or purple but I'm currently leaning mostly to the amber/yellow thing.

Any thoughts?

Besides, of course, extreme outrage over the mere thought of purple?
:D

yeah, ..... I want to see the wood veneer first but if it has a nice flame to it a clear coat might be the thing.

just ordered this.

335 Set Neck Kit Flamed maple, Bound Rosewood fingerboard

Dunno why but I did ..... but I did.
Now I'll go from having too many guitars to having too many guitars.
I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the kit when it comes in... The electronics (and maybe even the hardware) are probably complete crap but I'm curious about the quality of the body and neck.

Oh, and I'm another +1 for the natural look.

I'll let you know .

I've actually found GF's electronics to be pretty decent.
In fact if I were replacing p'ups in any of my gits they'd be high on the list although these are, I'm sure, their very cheapest .... they make better than what'll come with this kit.

I recently built a tele out of their best parts and it's pretty killer for the money I put in so I'm hopeful this'll be decent.
I did have to send back the tele neck and get another because it was badly twisted but the 2nd was perfect so good luck to me!!

shouldn't be .... I actually have experience at this .... a friend of mine and I had a business in the 70's primarily building jazz boxes. I did all the 'tree-of-life" style inlay work.
That was from raw wood ..... so I'm not really anticipating it being more than a few evenings work to assemble a kit .... prolly need to do some work on the tenon and I may want to put a cap on the headstock ( maybe not although I definitely need to cut it to a more pleasing shape )

And, of course, I gotta put some sort of finish on it.

But everything else should just be a matter of watching TV while screwing things in place.

If I get extra energy (doubtful) I may put a thread up on the process.

I'd say a transparent color. Something that will let you see the grain if that's what you want. Transparent purple would be cool.

If it were mine, I'd go super flake 70s speedboat sparkle. Something bright like green or gold or orange.

I bet you have the sprayer gear too.
if I were close enough I'd let you .... a metalflake finish would be uber awesome .....
But I don't think I could do a good one

Here ya go. Convex sole on this little sucker.

156899967_shop-fox-2-convex-spokeshave-spoke-shave-plane-cast-iron.jpg

Black-font-b-Water-b-font-Air-font-b-Compressor-b-font-font-b-Filter-b.jpg

Bought an air filter to my airbrush compressor. I have been bugged lately with solid particles on my scale model paintings...

PS: Sorry for this stupid attachment, I don't know from where it came and neither how to remove it.

:cursing:

Last edited:
How are they at absorbing low frequencies?

unknown, they adsorb beer, baby formula, baby pee, water, pedialyte, and spit ups fairly well

I have a beautiful silk persian carpet under our dining table, slowly being turned the colour of annies organic spaghetti stars

unknown, they adsorb beer, baby formula, baby pee, water, pedialyte, and spit ups fairly well

I have a beautiful silk persian carpet under our dining table, slowly being turned the colour of annies organic spaghetti stars

That's what gives it character. You don't want a fine carpet that isn't lived on.

Back