Post your latest purchase!

My problem was that everyone's pictures were HUUUUGE. All over the site, whether it was the "Let me see your studio" thread, or the "Studio Build" thread, where people often post pictures of their studios, or any other thread, the pictures were HUGE. If it only happened with me, then nothing should have been changed. But I'm pretty sure many others saw them really huge, too. I never said anything about other sites providing thumb nails that you have to click on. I simply found this to be the only site where everyone's pictures were gigantic.

Why would that happen for some people but not others though? I don't pretend to understand the inner workings of pixels, pic sizes, and browser settings. I have no idea.

Yeah that happened to me too. If I wasn't interested, I scrolled past them. If I wanted to see them, I right clicked and selected View Image and they filled my browser. Done

Why would that happen for some people but not others though? I don't pretend to understand the inner workings of pixels, pic sizes, and browser settings. I have no idea.

I have a feeling some people's browsers have some kind of auto-resize that I don't have.

Ahem, they're still HUGE pictures.

That the browser and/or site scales them for you doesn't make them any smaller in actual size. For those of us with less than super speedy broadband and/or limited bandwith, downloading your 2MB+ shaky snapshot can be a royal pain.

Downscale your pictures guys. If you don't have a proper program to do it, open it up in Paint, use the magnifying glass to make it fit on a screen, and screen grab it. It'll look exactly the same and be about the 10th of the size and more people will see it because it'll load quicker and we won't get bored waiting.

If Ghost was here he'd explain it to you better. Save those 1s and 0s. The world will thank you.

Thanks in advance.:D:thumbs up:

The resize function in paint is much faster than that method of screen shots and pasting.
Ive done both, both work, but taking the picture and going to Resize and entering 50 or whatever works faster in scaling it down.

This new small pic and requirement to click to magnify it is an improvement.

Mr. Cleans saves an SG from the dump. very good...

That's exactly what RAMI was referring to in another thread. Specifically he mentioned how all other forums show pics at smaller sizes/thumbnails then clicking to enlarge (unless I misunderstood).

I'm happy to change it back, but would prefer to get a general consensus before doing so. In general, most of the feedback I've received since the change has been positive.

Personally, I think that clicking to enlarge is much less of a burden than scrolling past gigantic photos to get to the next post in a thread. At least now users have the option of deciding to see huge pics or not.

For those of you who both agree and disagree, feel free to chime in and I'll make a final decision based on your feedback

change it back!! ;)

Im not sure what happens on other browsers, I use firefox on all my machines and it seems to resize for me

this:
Jimi Hendrix's Atlanta Pop Festival Performance Captured in New Documentary and Album

I was there actually ..... about 200 feet in front of the stage. Saw a lot of great acts that weekend.

I was taping it on a cassette recorder and I wonder if they left the part in where he or the bass player started of 'All Along the Watchtower' in the wrong key.

On my tape you hear it start ..... he begins to sing and then stops, you hear the band shift keys and then he says, "As I was saying ... There must be some kinda way outta here ..... "
I wonder if they left that in or faded in to hide it.

Getting prepped to lurch into the video world with a Nikon D3100 DSLR.

Cool, have fun! I just bought myself a Canon G7 X (knowing full well that the Mark ii version is about to come out). I went with the point-and-shoot instead of the DSLR. I'm such a photo noob that I figured that I'd keep it simple and let the camera do all of the hard work. I don't even really know WTF an f-stop is.

I was going to futz around with doing some YouTube tutorials and the like. Don't worry, I won't spam the forums here with my amateur tripe :)

this:
Jimi Hendrix's Atlanta Pop Festival Performance Captured in New Documentary and Album

I was there actually ..... about 200 feet in front of the stage. Saw a lot of great acts that weekend.

I was taping it on a cassette recorder and I wonder if they left the part in where he or the bass player started of 'All Along the Watchtower' in the wrong key.

On my tape you hear it start ..... he begins to sing and then stops, you hear the band shift keys and then he says, "As I was saying ... There must be some kinda way outta here ..... "
I wonder if they left that in or faded in to hide it.

I saw that documentary not too long ago. Twice, actually! I thought it was awesome. In the documentary, they did include the botched "Watchtower". Not sure if it'll make it onto the album though. And you were there? It looked like it was hotter than holy shit that weekend. Something like 104 every day. Yikes.

I saw that documentary not too long ago. Twice, actually! I thought it was awesome. In the documentary, they did include the botched "Watchtower". Not sure if it'll make it onto the album though. And you were there? It looked like it was hotter than holy shit that weekend. Something like 104 every day. Yikes.
yep ..... I was there from thursday thru the end of it .... stayed so long everyone I was with left and I had to hitchhike into town and call my dad to fly up there and pick me up.

It was awesome! .... I don't remember the heat bothering me but I'm from Louisiana.

I had a Radio Shack tape recorder and recorded quite a bit of it .... around 18 hours worth.
I should dig those tapes out and see what all I have.

Haha, nice. Big spender! :D

Where did you stay in Cancun? My wife and I go every year with a group of friends. It's a great affordable place to vacation!

I should have bought a few sets of them!
We stayed at a condo (booked through AirBnB) on the north side of the '7', near the El Embarcadero observation tower.

Cool, have fun! I just bought myself a Canon G7 X (knowing full well that the Mark ii version is about to come out). I went with the point-and-shoot instead of the DSLR. I'm such a photo noob that I figured that I'd keep it simple and let the camera do all of the hard work. I don't even really know WTF an f-stop is.

You may have taken the more prudent path, as I'm quickly finding out I have no idea what I'm doing with this thing.

My problem was that everyone's pictures were HUUUUGE. All over the site, whether it was the "Let me see your studio" thread, or the "Studio Build" thread, where people often post pictures of their studios, or any other thread, the pictures were HUGE. If it only happened with me, then nothing should have been changed. But I'm pretty sure many others saw them really huge, too. I never said anything about other sites providing thumb nails that you have to click on. I simply found this to be the only site where everyone's pictures were gigantic.

If it was literally every image then you probably have a problem all of your own.
Maybe try out a few different browsers just to see?

Regardless, there was a true issue where if members upload a 4000x3000 picture, that's what gets posted.
If the average screen is 1080 wide then the pic is going to be ridiculous.

If you're uploading images straight off any modern camera or phone, that's what's going to happen.

Thumbnails have been resized to 400x400 so it won't happen anymore.
Resizing before uploading is still sensible, though, because users still have the option to view the original image.
*x1080 would probably be a sensible resize target.

Yeah, some browsers automatically scale the images as far as I know.
I never seen images bigger than the screen on this forum but plenty of other people do.
I remember not long ago RAMI asking/being told about this issue with some pics of his drum kit.
I resized and reuploaded them for him but had to ask around to see if it works because, for me, they always looked fine.

Yeah that happened to me too. If I wasn't interested, I scrolled past them. If I wanted to see them, I right clicked and selected View Image and they filled my browser. Done
Single click will open them in a frame at a reasonable size. What you did should show you original full size.

Back