Post your latest purchase!

But did you wear the appropriate flannel? No grunge can be had without proper draping of grunges...Well, unless you are not homeless and wet....

*looks down to see what i'm wearing* grey and red flanneled shirt, ripped jeans, black converse, old hoody with appropriate stains, beardy, i've taken enough opiate based prescription painkillers to sedate Kurt Cobain, my retro 70's Kay les paul copy is slung far too low through a blues driver into a small marshal combo..... yep, I'd say i'm at least 75% grunge, 25% college lecturer (the glasses and tweed jacket on the back of my office chair detract from the grunge feel slightly)

In other news, my RCF Ayra 6's and Isoacoustic stands came today. Set them up and had a quick play between playing grunge and doing stupid work for work (stupid work, ruining all my fun times!). So far, so good; clean mids and nice high end, solid but not boomy bass, nice stereo image. I'm gonna run them in over the week (even if it's all a huge audio myth i figure i've got nothing to lose doing it) and then get to learning them properly. I've gotten very used to working with the Adam P22a's at work so was slightly disappointed by the high end on the RCF's but then remembered that these aren't Adams and accepted that i need to get used to them :) i was shocked at how flippin' heavy the speaker stands were though. to say they're "desktop" stands, i'm sure my whole desk is probably only very slightly heavier than they are, but at least they are solid

*looks down to see what i'm wearing* grey and red flanneled shirt, ripped jeans, black converse, old hoody with appropriate stains, beardy, i've taken enough opiate based prescription painkillers to sedate Kurt Cobain, my retro 70's Kay les paul copy is slung far too low through a blues driver into a small marshal combo..... yep, I'd say i'm at least 75% grunge, 25% college lecturer (the glasses and tweed jacket on the back of my office chair detract from the grunge feel slightly)

In other news, my RCF Ayra 6's and Isoacoustic stands came today. Set them up and had a quick play between playing grunge and doing stupid work for work (stupid work, ruining all my fun times!). So far, so good; clean mids and nice high end, solid but not boomy bass, nice stereo image. I'm gonna run them in over the week (even if it's all a huge audio myth i figure i've got nothing to lose doing it) and then get to learning them properly. I've gotten very used to working with the Adam P22a's at work so was slightly disappointed by the high end on the RCF's but then remembered that these aren't Adams and accepted that i need to get used to them :) i was shocked at how flippin' heavy the speaker stands were though. to say they're "desktop" stands, i'm sure my whole desk is probably only very slightly heavier than they are, but at least they are solid

You are my new best friend!

My monitors are on a plank of plywood, raised by cinder blocks painted with flat black spray paint. I keep my stashes in the open cavities. I also use the holes in the cinder blocks to put stuff in. :)

Love the bike. I have a 2003 Silverado 1100. Also love the fender. I wouldn't mind having one of those to compliment my '73 Strat.DSC01703.JPGPicture 011.jpg
My last purchase was a head of lettuce for lunches.
If I win the lottery, LETTUCE FOR EVERYONE!

You are my new best friend!

My monitors are on a plank of plywood, raised by cinder blocks painted with flat black spray paint. I keep my stashes in the open cavities. I also use the holes in the cinder blocks to put stuff in. :)

Yay, we can take over the world together we our up-to-date take on grunge. i was waiting for my dress and music sense to come back in to fashion and as it's been 20 years, i think it's well overdue. tbf, a few years ago i was expecting it to happen when bands like Dinosaur Pile Up and Fighting with Wire came out but, alas, they didn't have the correct grunge credentials and they seemed to disappear fairly quickly. on a side note, my other half is a media lecturer and she got super offended yesterday for two reasons; firstly, one of her new students was wearing the classic smily face nirvana t-shirt and when she asked what music the guy like he said "yu'no, rap 'n' stuff". when she said "but you're wearing a nirvana t-shirt" he said, and i quote, "pfft, nirvana is a brand not a band, idioit". She then also made a reference to shatner's spoken word versions of popular songs and none of her 30 students had ever heard of William Shatner. This was all slightly better than one of my music students telling me that green day's first album was "American Idiot" *shakes first like a scooby doo villain* damn kids!

lol, tbf, before buying the stands i had hi-fi speakers as monitors, raised up on CD cases stack precariously. The only benefit of having high grade prescription painkillers is that my stash can fit nicely into my jean pocket legitimately, although when i come out of the pharmacy my monthly perscirption fills a normal size carrier bag

Yay, we can take over the world together we our up-to-date take on grunge. i was waiting for my dress and music sense to come back in to fashion and as it's been 20 years, i think it's well overdue. tbf, a few years ago i was expecting it to happen when bands like Dinosaur Pile Up and Fighting with Wire came out but, alas, they didn't have the correct grunge credentials and they seemed to disappear fairly quickly. on a side note, my other half is a media lecturer and she got super offended yesterday for two reasons; firstly, one of her new students was wearing the classic smily face nirvana t-shirt and when she asked what music the guy like he said "yu'no, rap 'n' stuff". when she said "but you're wearing a nirvana t-shirt" he said, and i quote, "pfft, nirvana is a brand not a band, idioit". She then also made a reference to shatner's spoken word versions of popular songs and none of her 30 students had ever heard of William Shatner. This was all slightly better than one of my music students telling me that green day's first album was "American Idiot" *shakes first like a scooby doo villain* damn kids!

lol, tbf, before buying the stands i had hi-fi speakers as monitors, raised up on CD cases stack precariously. The only benefit of having high grade prescription painkillers is that my stash can fit nicely into my jean pocket legitimately, although when i come out of the pharmacy my monthly perscirption fills a normal size carrier bag

That's awesome man!

We should be Myspace friends! Wait, oh yeah, that doesn't even exist anymore huh? Ok, Facebook it is then...

LOL! I have like 600. I think I actually would recognize and know the names of maybe 70 if I met them in person. Friends of friends of friends who know somebody who has a hot girlfriend. Blah Blah Blah.

I would likely remember your name, if I knew what it was. :)

Hey! Yer 'That Guy'!, or 'Some Guy'! 'Just'? lol

Also, if we're talking grunge should I bust out my Mustangs???
:D

I have always HATED signature guitars, but when I was 13 I dreamed of a Mustang. When I was finally able to afford 1... I bought 2 of the Cobain models because they're alder and have humbuckers. I love having my hum bucked instead of using a noise suppressor.

Hey! Yer 'That Guy'!, or 'Some Guy'! 'Just'? lol

Ah, the joys of internet anonymity. Tbf, for ages i thought "sod it, i don't care about people knowing my real name" until suddenly the news was full of cases of teachers and lecturers getting into shed loads of trouble for internet based antics. Taking into account the general suspicious nature and trigger happy sackings that my place of work sticks to i bottled it and went for a very old internet handle from my old uni forum days.

and Kidkage, i've wanted a mustang since my early 20's and realised how awesome they are but when i had the money/opportunity at 17 to get one i was far too into metal and had a full on hatred of all things fender so, instead, bought a prs tremonti (the proper one, not the SE version) which, after selling my Epiphone Korena SG (that i loved and miss dearly, selling this is one of my biggest regrets), an Ibanez RG320, and a Musicman Stringray guitar (that, if i hadn't have been such an utter prat and knew what it really was it would've been worth more than the £400 i bought and sold it for) because i figured "the PRS is all i need", I left the PRS on a train and never got it back :facepalm:

The old Kay i've got was a birthday present off a mate who adores Sonic Youth and has a lovely selection of Jaguars (fender and squire) and Mustangs all in various pickup configurations and tunings and they're just great guitars imo. IF i can ever justify a new guitar purchase to my other half either a thinline tele or a mustang are on the cards :D

If you ever have a chance to snatch up a Duo Sonic, go for it!
It's 3/4, but I can't get over the tone hiding in these tiny things!
Clean and distorted. I might like these enough to post a youtube review. The ones up now are all camera mic'd few second riffs and chords.

And they're super affordable.

Another watch! :D

Invicta8926_14.jpg

Same here. Yeah, I like the watch. No battery required, temporarily neon, can wear it underwater. And it looks nice too! :D

Fall break is over for me though :( Back to college. I don't really mind though. I like my college and classes.

Back