Post your latest purchase!

Yeah, everybody was ditching the fender tube amps because these new solid state amps had built in distortion and you could get it at low volume!!
LMAO

I disagree. The rationale I recall was: a) They were new. Everybody wants to go out and get the 'new and improved' toy. b) The weight. They were lighter than the tube versions. But mostly, c) Reliability. You didn't have to worry about tubes going out on you right before, or in the middle of, a show. And in those days, there wasn't a GC around every corner to run and pick one up at.

And if you think about it, what guitar gear do you most associate the '70s with? I would say it's the combo of a Les Paul and a Marshall stack.

Ah, do you rest it on your left leg so its arse is against your right thigh?

Only when I'm doing a lead and have to get around that ghastly heel...which is rare because most of my leads never venture up past the 15th fret. I'm usually standing, or if I'm sitting it'll sit on my right leg.

Only when I'm doing a lead and have to get around that ghastly heel...which is rare because most of my leads never venture up past the 15th fret. I'm usually standing, or if I'm sitting it'll sit on my right leg.

Ah, I feel really cramped in that position. My right hand feels like it's "behind" me and my left hand feels cramped against my body

Ah, I feel really cramped in that position. My right hand feels like it's "behind" me and my left hand feels cramped against my body

I feel retarded with it on my left leg, like I'm having to reach across my body. When standing I'm using jamming out right in front of my junk or over my right hip, so it's only natural to sit that way too.

Man, that's beautiful. Where'd you find a 2002? Those are the only Paistes I've ever liked. They sound beautiful. I'm a Sabian guy myself, but those Paistes are the only other cymbals I've ever liked. Never heard a Zildjian I liked.

Man, that's beautiful. Where'd you find a 2002? Those are the only Paistes I've ever liked. They sound beautiful. I'm a Sabian guy myself, but those Paistes are the only other cymbals I've ever liked. Never heard a Zildjian I liked.

It's new. I got it from Sweetwater. I cracked my other 18" 2002...it rubbed against the overhead stand without my knowing it and - crack. I didn't even know it until I choked a crash hit with my hand and felt it. It's just a little crack. It didn't even make that sizzling noise that cracked cymbals make. I just happened to feel it. I'll drill and file it to stop it from spreading and still use it for something.

But anyway, this is it's replacement. Same cymbal because 2002s are so fucking awesome. All of my cymbals are 2002s....and one RUDE.

I agree with you about Zildjians. I don't like them either.

Cool. I thought they were discontinued a long time ago, for some reason. Now, I'm going to think about getting a 16" and an 18" crash. From what I remember they're pretty expensive, but they sound great.

Yes, they are pricey, and more so now. I think I paid about $170 for my medium 16" 2002 about 8 years ago. IMO they are the sweetest sounding cymbals out there right now for rock music. That's why I buy em.

I currently have...
15" 2002 Sound-Edge hats
16" 2002 med crash
(2) 18" 2002 med crash - one now cracked
20" 2002 med crash
20" RUDE crash/ride
22" 2002 power ride

That's a lot of cash in metal pies. :(

How many do you have up at any one time?

Live, I only use hats, two crashes, and a ride, and play the kit as a 4 piece - Kick, snare, one rack tom, one floor tom.

For recording I set up everything and play the kit as a full 6 piece - kick, snare, two rack toms, two floor toms. All the cymbals.

Back