Post your latest purchase!

I was about to buy those myself. I passed though. How do you like them?

The EQ's or the tall Pike with room for cream? :D

The coffee was excellent and here is a copy of the review I wrote about the Speck EQ's (I like them) over at Gearslutz

Speck ASC & ASC T - User review - Gearslutz.com

The speck ASC is a no nonsense four band parametric EQ. It is available in a transformer balanced as well as an electronically balanced version. Actually the transformer version (ASC-T) can be used as an electronically balanced unit by using the TRS inputs which take the transformer out of the signal path

The low band is sweep-able from 20Hz up to 150Hz and can be used in either a bell curve or shelving filter mode, select-able via a push button.
Low/mid can be selected to operate from 40-800 Hz or 400Hz - 8kHz again select-able by a push button
Mid Frequency runs from 400Hz - 10kHz
High frequency from 4kHz - 25kHz

Low/mid and Mid frequencies have a controllable Q from 1/2 - 2 octave width
The Low and High controls have a Q that is variable depending on the center frequency. For example the low filter Q at 20Hz is 1/4 octave but at 150Hz is more like 1 & 1/2 octaves. Similarly the high frequency Q will be a tight 1/2 octave at 4kHz but widens out to almost 2 octaves at 25Khz

All four bands have +/- 15dB of gain
There is also an input trim that offers from -12dB to +6dB of trim/gain

All around this is a pretty versatile piece. The transformer offers a little flavor but even using this option the EQ is still not what I would call a color piece. If you are looking for some hardware to drop ini and give a track instant crunch/mojo/warmth/coloration this is not it

This unit is a great addition to any setup as it can go from surgical to wide cuts and boost and really is very flexible and easy to dial in good sound

Everything feels nicely put together, the controls are color coded by band for easy reference and the light colored face plate make everything nice and clear and easy to read. Has a kind of SSL vibe

The price new is very reasonable and on the used market can be found in excellent condition from the $400-$500 range (depending on if you get the transformer model or not)

Ahh! I probably should have jumped on the purchase. I hear many people say it's a lot like SSL.

I only didn't purchase it because people said it sounded to sterile, and I've just been searching for color!

Color_Smudges.png

Color! Then you should be looking for a used TwinQ from Joe Meek - give it a goolgle and check it out. ;)

Though it is a full channel strip. Undoubtedly you'll have tons of great work from it.

I've been looking at that too!

What I really wanted was the GAP EQ. But it only has an insert input to be used with the GAP Pre, which I don't have.

:wtf::wtf::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I bought a cup of coffee for $1.50 about five hours ago. I don't have a pic of it, but it was in a medium-size styrofoam cup with a white plastic lid. It was very good coffee.

I bought some gas. :(.
I was all out of straws so I couldn't siphon it out of my neighbors vehicles.

Didn't have to purchase it at all ..... Someone just gave me some weed at a show that I was running sound at yesterday.

A glockenspiel? :D

What make and model uke did you get?

Sorry--that was a mandolin, not a uke (although I do have a uke as well). The mandolin is an Ibanez--real basic starter. I saw it used and discounted from $200 to $120 on Musicians Friend site when I was ordering some picks and other normal junk. I figured $120 was a worth seeing what's what with a mandolin. So far, I think I won on that deal.

Here's my latest purchase, and probably last purchase, for a while.

mg1.jpg

Ever just buy something you've absolutely no need for???? :p

Back