Please Mix This - A Challenge (really, very challenging)

SLuiCe said:
...sorry. I'll repost.
Dude, lol...NO APOLOGIES, please...now I feel like shit.

It's a good mix, and it's not distorting...I'd just like a cleaner copy that doesn't make me LEAP for the volume knob when it comes up in the rotation :D

- Yes, I'm actually listening to all of these on a loop...Hard to explain, but it's not about narcisism; it's just really really cool to hear others' takes; after I get over the initial impact of some of the things that I wouldn't have necesarily done, I end up liking some of it...

Anyhoo...gotta' go grab my daughter from a party...DAMMIT, SHE'D BETTER BE THERE.

:D

Chris

SLuiCe said:
I'm sorry Kramer did I do something to you?

I quoted the wrong post.LMAO!!!!!!!Hehehe.Sorry about that Tom.I'll quote the "real canadian cocksucker" now.LMAO!

super_critic said:
mix in a little 'miracle' too.

some can play their instruments.

some can sing.

some can do both.

you can't.

Get it all out of your system you canadian cocksucker.My guess is that you wont be around here much longer under any of your usernames.

super_critic said:
mix in a little 'miracle' too.

some can play their instruments.

some can sing.

some can do both.

And some--like you--can't do anything but try to drag the world into the toilet that you live in. Fuck you--you little shit. I hate your kind and will petition that you get banned ASAP. Fucking troll.

SLuiCe said:
LOL! Dude that freaked me out.

Sorry about that Tom.:o

I guess the page scrolled on me while I wasnt looking and I hit the quote tab on your message.I'll try not to let that happen anymore.LOL!:D

hey...I've still got a mix coming... but it won't be done until this weekend. I have been trying some stuff, and I liked pretty much what I was able to do, but didn't want to just slap something up. Yeah, yeah, yeah... spend a couple hours like SluCie and a couple of beers and get it done ....but I haven't HAD a couple hours as of late. If I am late to the party...so be it, but I will get a mix up in the near future. Damn...there is a lot of different mixes to listen to. I must say however, many of them sound quite alike for some reason!! Gotta pan those acoustics I suppose!!!! Ha!..

laters...

BAHAhahahaha...well, this certainly took a turn for the ugly; lmao.

Mixmkr - take your time, man. I appreciate it.

Kramer & Crawdad - Don't waste your quotes, lol. Who cares, eh? I think it's pretty obvious who it is, so *yawn*

...but thanks anyway :D

Last edited:
chrisharris said:
Now somebody comment on my psychadelic mix so that I can stop begging. Just a "yuk yuk chuckle" would be fine.

DAMMIT, DON'T MAKE ME START ANOTHER THREAD!!! :mad:

(kidding, kidding)

For goddsake man, we're going on 7 pages devoted to your song... how much attention do you need? :)

Artists... I swear....

Chris

groucho said:
For goddsake man, we're going on 7 pages devoted to your song... how much attention do you need? :)

Artists... I swear....

Chris
Tell me about it...lmao. BUT THIS IS REALLY DIFFERENT!!!!

MeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMe

This is actually a good mix to tell you the truth.I dont really care for the drastic shaking of the vocal notes in certain sections(autontune?) but for the most part(98% of the mix) I really like this.
Like the echoes on the line "got the same beautiful face and a brand new last name".....thats cooooooool man.....the backwards slide sounded good.I kept waiting to hear some backwards satanic messages in there somewhere.LOL.......the lead vocal sounds cool spread out in stereo like that....did you clone tracks or just offset it with delay and add mucho chorus to it?

Guitars sound good all the way through...........ok,it's over.That was cool man.It actually sounded like it was a well thought out mix.

ok,now it's time to check out erichenryus new tune on the front page of nowhereradio.

Kramer--I lost mine...."too many users".. OK her I go again.

Chris--Check your PM's

I thought I was warped, but the new mix has proven how sane I really am! I actually liked a lot of the effects. Listened on phones--Hendrix would be smiling!

here's the funny part. I sent a publisher to your site to hear Juliet. If he hears this psychedelic version, my cred is totally screwed!

Kramer said:
This is actually a good mix to tell you the truth.I dont really care for the drastic shaking of the vocal notes in certain sections(autontune?)
Actually, it's a phaser set on 180 left right warble at about 800bpm - Even I (the antares master) can't get autotune to do that :D - That's the one part that's bugging me, but I'll be honest, it started off as a total joke, but then I kinda' got into it...Jaimee said this is her favorite mix of mine ever, lmao. I wish I hadn't SOOO overdone it on parts of the vocal, but there are literally 35 different FX on it, and there's no way I'm redoing it, lol.

Vocal was phased (Ampex 400) all the way through, then I actually did a clone track and offset it...Dude, there's so much phasing in this mix, if I hit "mono", I think the lead vocal would totally disappear :D

(the backwards satanic message is at the very beginning, btw).

Thank you very much for listening...damn that crawdad :D

Back