pay it forward to people in need..

BentRabbit said:
No problem Koj :)

PM me his shipping info and they're his!

Does he need both? The sizzle is an aquired taste anymore these days.... Someone could remove the rivets and have a pretty nice Zildjian ride, but it wouldn't be too different from the Sabian...

Let me know!

:)

I guess not-- I'm not a drummer (wish I was-- drums are still my favorite to play :) )
I'll find out his address-- was hoping it was on the Christmas card he and his family sent me, but it wasn't on the envelope. I'll find out and pm you.
Thanks Rabbit-- you rock!

undergroundtoon said:
uhhhhh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You dont get a nice lunchbox like this by giving stuff away.........come on now....we are trying to hoard not give away.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I must admit they have a great site over there. I can read those post all day then come back over here and talk like I know what I'm doing. :D

this is a bit off the recording path, but when i was cruzin around the country back in my band worshiping days:) i came across a crystal mine in arkansas and still have a dozen or so nice points left, and would love to send one off to anyone that would like one. maybe it could grace your mixing desk? ;)

and if there are any crafty peeps around i have another dozen or so jewelry size(1/4 inch and smaller) points that you can have.

turtlishous said:
this is a bit off the recording path, but when i was cruzin around the country back in my band worshiping days:) i came across a crystal mine in arkansas and still have a dozen or so nice points left, and would love to send one off to anyone that would like one. maybe it could grace your mixing desk? ;)

and if there are any crafty peeps around i have another dozen or so jewelry size(1/4 inch and smaller) points that you can have.
Hey turtle - if you have a real clear one with some nice inclusions, I'll take it and photograph for ya.... :cool:

whyseye said:
Hey turtle - if you have a real clear one with some nice inclusions, I'll take it and photograph for ya.... :cool:

honestly i haven't looked at this bunch close enough to know if one does, but i will check...

(edit)--they are not very big crystals "-----------" actual size average<<<

some are clear and some still have the iron color from the soil they came from.....but all are beautiful to me...but nothing spectacular....just thought it would be fun to spread them out across the country and abroad.

turtlishous said:
what size works the best for a photograph? i think i have a couple that would suit you.

BTW---those are really awsome pics! i had now idea thats what you were into. we must talk more!
Doesn't matter what size, as long as it's not too cloudy....pick one you like, and I'll find something in it to photgraph :)

whyseye said:
Doesn't matter what size, as long as it's not too cloudy....pick one you like, and I'll find something in it to photgraph :)

i've looked through them and have found one that has a spider web inclusion that might be kool in a photo like the kinds your doin...

hairylarry said:
Hi,

Thanks out to toon and HeyHeyMyMy. I didn't expect this to happen so fast. Now you guys got me in the spirit of giving.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry
mxl mic shipped priority mail at noon today. You should have it on thru or fri so be checking your box. ;)

Computer stuff

Hi,

One Dell power supply going out to gbondo wednesday.

Anyone else need old computer stuff? Harddrive, network card, modem, video.

I have one dozen computer monitors. Shipping may be steep for an old monitor that's not worth a lot. I buy them for $10 and get them given to me. I'm in Northeast Arkansas if you can pick one up.

Thinking thinking thinking.

Oh well. If I didn't mention it doesn't mean I don't have it. Shout out to me in the thread or pm me with your computer needs.

Merry Christmas,

Hairy Larry

MXL990 and ECM8000 pair sent today.

Funny the nostalgic attachment mic's have. I rarely used those mic's but felt compelled to record a tune with them before I let them go. I'll post it later.

Bass amp and Emu PCI interface left today on the UPS truck at around 6:00cst. I'll have tracking numbers tomorrow for those on the receiving end, it was a long day today and I forgot to snag them out of my desk before I left... :o

Timothy Lawler said:
MXL990 and ECM8000 pair sent today.

Funny the nostalgic attachment mic's have. I rarely used those mic's but felt compelled to record a tune with them before I let them go. I'll post it later.

Har! Parting with beloved gear will cause a flood of recording both before and after shipping! We may be more productive as a result of our generosity. :)

Okay, I wanna know who is responsible for letting this hit page 2????

I am bringin it back up!

I think this means I saved Christmas.

Simon

Back