Oregon Suspends Basic Skills Graduation Requirement in the Name of Equity

Serious question;
The way I see it, America fought a civil war to end slavery and set the constitutional standard to abolish slavery for civilized society world wide. So, as a proud Christian constitutional conservative and vet, I really don't care who used to own slaves...
Furthermore, since the vast majority of women having abortions are black and unmarried, I say go ahead and let them...

Does that make me a racist?

They didn't make abortion illegal. The SC sent it back to the states to decide what they want to do.
Then states like MO immediately tried to make it illegal to travel out of state for one, effectively trying to make it illegal.
The followed the Constitution.
Except that laws preventing you from traveling to another state are, in fact, likely very unconstitutional. So either they are trying to make it effectively illegal, or they’re violating the constitution. Either way, you’re off the mark.
And since when is religion creeping into politics?
On the contrary, Godless libs have succeeded in taking God out of everything... which pretty much explains why this country is so screwed up.
How many guns would Jesus own?

Obvs, she was DUMB & Black. Or in Brass Smokers eyes since that's redundant to him/her, just Black. Even though Tin Foil Hat Man didn't even think to explain "WHY" he was giving her "extra" coins in the first place and could have easily saved EVERYONE time and effort by asking for a nickel back (ugh... Nickelback).

I'm gonna think for her, white splain? Youre a damn racist, low expectations assuming she can't think for herself. Because she's black? For shame.

If I had given her all bills would I have not also given her "extra" money? Would I also then have to explain to her how to do her job? You don't think these things out, do you son. Poster child.

Serious question;
The way I see it, America fought a civil war to end slavery and set the constitutional standard to abolish slavery for civilized society world wide. So, as a proud Christian constitutional conservative and vet, I really don't care who used to own slaves...
None of the conversation here has been about slavery. Slavery was abolished in 1865, but formal discriminatory policies continued until 1964 (within the lifetime of many of us here). Discrimination in housing, education, employment, etc that shaped the socioeconomic differences we see today. That is empirically evident, but some folks here deny it and choose to view it as black people are inferior. That is what I’m calling racist here in this thread.
Furthermore, since the vast majority of women having abortions are black and unmarried, I say go ahead and let them...

Does that make me a racist?
You’re saying let them have abortions because they’re black? Like if they’re white and unmarried you’d feel different?

You are all a lost cause. Enjoy your old white guy club for hating blacks, women, and anyone else who doesn't love jesus and guns. May all your worst fears come true for you.

None of the conversation here has been about slavery. Slavery was abolished in 1865, but formal discriminatory policies continued until 1964 (within the lifetime of many of us here). Discrimination in housing, education, employment, etc that shaped the socioeconomic differences we see today. That is empirically evident, but some folks here deny it and choose to view it as black people are inferior. That is what I’m calling racist here in this thread.
Don't be obtuse, you can't have this argument without going back to the Civil War... especially since the blacks still demand reparations. Remember, that was only 160yrs ago...
A little history;
Originally, the KKK was a necessary militia instituted to defend the South after the war during its rebuilding. However, it became too big and powerful too quickly... it evolved into a corrupt political organization whose purpose was to keep the South voting Democrat. They weren't just terrorizing and hanging blacks.
Recently, in the South, the KKK was denied permission to pick up trash on the highway; But, of course, there was no victory celebration. In fact, the last time the KKK was in the news, they were up north silently observing in objection to statues being torn down; But, of course, nobody questioned why they were there or how they knew where to be to begin with.
Victims vote Democrat and the media loves victims... Do the math. There are many more run down trailer parks than ghettos in America, and I've lived in several.
You’re saying let them have abortions because they’re black? Like if they’re white and unmarried you’d feel different?
Again, do the math... and don't put words in my mouth. The real question should be, why does abortion seem to predominantly be a black problem? Who knows?
What I'm saying is, "I don't care..." It's a minority issue being shoved down the moral majority's throat by the corrupt Democrat owned main stream media... just like the plight of the alphabetasexuals.

Last edited:
Don't be obtuse, you can't have this argument without going back to the Civil War... especially since the blacks still demand reparations.
I’m not. My response to you was sincere, civil, and certainly not obtuse. You came in talking about things no one here brought up like slavery and abortion demographics.

You don’t have to go that far back. If I did, I guarantee someone would then say “that was nearly 200 years ago what difference does it make today”? Slavery was the starting point, but much more recent injustices like redlining and Jim Crow had strong effects that are still around.
A little history;
Originally, the KKK was a necessary militia instituted to defend the South after the war during its rebuilding. However, it became too big and powerful too quickly... it evolved into a corrupt political organization whose purpose was to keep the South voting Democrat. They weren't just terrorizing and hanging blacks.
Recently, in the South, the KKK was denied permission to pick up trash on the highway; But, of course, there was no victory celebration. In fact, the last time the KKK was in the news, they were up north silently observing in objection to statues being torn down; But, of course, nobody questioned why they were there or how they knew where to be to begin with.
Victims vote Democrat and the media loves victims... Do the math. There are many more run down trailer parks than ghettos in America, and I've lived in several.
Ok, but what is the relevance here?
Again, do the math... and don't put words in my mouth.
I didn’t. I asked you question for clarification to make sure I understood. You didn’t answer it btw.
The real question should be, why does abortion seem to predominantly be a black problem? Who knows?
Probably because it’s also a poverty problem, like when people can’t afford to have a baby, and blacks are disproportionately poor for reasons I’ve mentioned.
What I'm saying is, "I don't care..." It's a minority issue being being shoved down the moral majority's throat by the corrupt Democrat owned main stream media...
I seem to recall republicans initiating the abortion fight.
just like the plight of the alphabetasexuals.
Spoken like a proud Christian. Who would Jesus ridicule?

Fighting for equality is not shoving anything down your throat.

Last edited:
Wow. Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse... defending the KKK. True Hero you are. Go jesus! Moral majority. Haha.

Spoken like a proud Christian. Who would Jesus ridicule?
Ya, so Jesus was gay.
Not being discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, or sexuality.
Race and gender, sure -- they're inherent qualifiers of who you are (hence you can't actually change your gender), and it would be inequality of opportunity against someone to "discriminate" based on those two "qualities". However, you are not born with your "sexuality" (proof is, people ascribe their sexuality to life experiences etc.) so choosing one over another based on "sexuality" only inequality of outcome.

Anyway, this thread is total bull -- I have not seen a single worthwhile post over three loaded pages -- so this is probably the first and last you'll see of me here.

Oh, and welcome @JAPOV.

Ya, so Jesus was gay.

Race and gender, sure -- they're inherent qualifiers of who you are (hence you can't actually change your gender), and it would be inequality of opportunity against someone to "discriminate" based on those two "qualities". However, you are not born with your "sexuality" (proof is, people ascribe their sexuality to life experiences etc.) so choosing one over another based on "sexuality" only inequality of outcome.

Anyway, this thread is total bull -- I have not seen a single worthwhile post over three loaded pages -- so this is probably the first and last you'll see of me here.

Oh, and welcome @JAPOV.
Whether or not you can change it does not dictate protected class. Pregnancy is changeable and it’s protected as well. The SC has ruled sexuality is protected.

Anyway, this thread is about one thing for me. This statement:

Discrimination in housing, education, employment, etc that shaped the socioeconomic differences we see today. That is empirically evident, but some folks here deny it and choose to view it as black people are inferior. That is what I’m calling racist here in this thread.
None of the right wingers here have offered anything but jokes or attempted goal post moving. It’s like they admit it. Thoughts?

So, the definition of equality is simply "not being discriminated...?"

Products of government subsidized higher learning... God help us.

So, the definition of equality is simply "not being discriminated...?"

Products of government subsidized higher learning... God help us.
In the context of this thread, it suffices. What do you want, a dictionary cut and paste?
None of the right wingers here have offered anything but jokes or attempted goal post moving. It’s like they admit it. Thoughts?
Yep.

Last edited:
I want you to describe for me your perfectly equitable utopia, and how you would achieve it.
Wtf does my perfectly equitable utopia matter? Equality is simply about equal opportunity for protected classes. Gay people want to marry? Let them. Someone who works for you wants to change gender? Don’t fire them for that. Black family wants to rent an apartment from you? Don’t hold them to a different standard than a potential white tenant. Try to have your employees or tenants etc be representative of the greater population and check yourself for potential biases.

You’re continuing to avoid the direct questions this thread is about.

Back