Oregon Suspends Basic Skills Graduation Requirement in the Name of Equity

The fact that Newsweek would even publish a story like that takes them down to a whole new level of stupidity.

So he insulted her. So what? She’s trying to destroy him. She ran her whole failed campaign on nothing other than she was gonna get him.
Trump is destroying himself. Nobody told him to commit fraud. He did all of his 91 counts to himself.
Planet Earth would have been happier/better off if he had just fucked off after 2020.

Y’all seem to miss the bigger picture. While you’re busy cheering on the ‘destruction of Trump’, you fail to realize that same corrupt justice apparatus is going to be coming for us all. Just give it time.

Y’all seem to miss the bigger picture. While you’re busy cheering on the ‘destruction of Trump’, you fail to realize that same corrupt justice apparatus is going to be coming for us all. Just give it time.
Do the crime, do the time. Or... fuck around and find out.
No worries here...

"eat absurdity and crap common sense", ha, keeping a sense of humor is still alive in these forums!
Just think of me as an odd mix of John Cleese and Rodney Dangerfield... from Alabama :D

I'll leave the comedy to leddy though... He's obviously the "old pro" here.

You don't think "don't have kids in poverty" is the right message?

If you're going to declare the view that birthing kids into miserable circumstances is wrong "BS" you have to be able to explain why anyone is better off when Africans are born only to starve and/or become killers in brutal factional conflicts there.

You have to be able to explain why anyone is better off because that 13 year old kid who was recently shot trying to carjack an off duty cop was born. He got the idea in his head from the particular culture he was surrounded by, his parent(s) were unable to offer him anything but a life in that kind of environment and those kinds of influences.

If only they'd had this, if only they'd had that - meaningless. The circumstances they were born into are what they are - the "if onlys" are non-existent fantasy, they were doomed from birth to have things go the way they did - inadequate parenting, a dysfunctional, inferior cultural environment. What was a 13 year old going to do with a stolen car? He was engaging in predatory behavior for the sake of engaging in predatory behavior.

It sounds like you're saying you don't care what the outcome of them being born is, you just want them born because you think God says they should be...except when this alleged God kills children in biblical lore, which you cop out of discussing with people who don't share your belief. If all you've got is "God says so" then you don't have a compelling argument.
That's not to mention all the Hitler and muhammad wannabes that have probably been aborted over the years...

I think the important thing, keep on fuckin' movin'.
This is exactly the mantra of my 82 year old FIL who lives 11 houses down from me. He was a CPA for big oil who retired at 50. Living in Boulder for almost three decades he took up hiking and became the leader of several local hiking groups. He went from 25 years of 6 days a week, 10-12 hour days, living on Pepto Bismol to a master of the Rockies. He's still taking hiking trips today - albeit not near as frequently.

In some way I'm fortunate that my line of work (as well as some of my personal interests) have kept me relatively fit. But at 55 the higher mileage is definitely starting to set in. I can definitely say that my alcohol and weed habit is my biggest obstacle these days. Can't not take that seriously at this point.

This is exactly the mantra of my 82 year old FIL who lives 11 houses down from me. He was a CPA for big oil who retired at 50. Living in Boulder for almost three decades he took up hiking and became the leader of several local hiking groups. He went from 25 years of 6 days a week, 10-12 hour days, living on Pepto Bismol to a master of the Rockies. He's still taking hiking trips today - albeit not near as frequently.

In some way I'm fortunate that my line of work (as well as some of my personal interests) have kept me relatively fit. But at 55 the higher mileage is definitely starting to set in. I can definitely say that my alcohol and weed habit is my biggest obstacle these days. Can't not take that seriously at this point.

Oh c'mon man, f'n primadonna HVAC guys, you guys got it a helluva lot lighter than a lot of guys on a jobsite. In your position, get a couple of sawed off short young guys to run duct work in attics(or crawlspaces), a well organized vehicle and a good hand truck, you got it made. You, specifically, what're you gonna get, a paper cut? Heh, I'm just kidding you. I've tried to steer two of my nephews towards that line of work, it's a good line of work.

A lot of things I could say about the whole thing, your post, getting older, etc, but don't reckon I'll go too long. Just say what's on my mind...I've been known to view this whole forum thing as an outlet at times, therapy...

An old friend died, last Friday. Older brother of my best friend as a kid. Younger brother died 2010, 46 years old I think. Alcohol. A legend. I think about him nearly everyday. I've never met anyone like him, a real character. The things he would say, if I had thought about it at the time a million songs could've been written just from the turns of phrase. Should have jotted it down. The stories...

He got up with this woman, I'm not sure if he knew she was married or not. Husband comes home, Gary quickly exits backdoor to make a getaway, a garbage truck is going by, so he jumps in the back, and away he went. One time sideswiped a parked car in a narrow street in the old neighbor, drunk, I'm sure. His vehicle disabled, he reaches under the seat for a fresh bottle, waiting for the authorities to arrive. Had weed on him that he didn't get rid of, told the officer, "thats some good shit, you ought to keep that for yourself". For some reason the weed never made it to court, good lawyer he probably had on speed dial argued the law couldnt provw he drank the liquor before of after the accident. He got off. I did have the good sense to realize at some point I couldn't hang with him anymore. I love the guy, but couldn't go down that road.

I don't think older brother ever got over it, Gary's death. That and the death of his older sister, heart attack I think. Suffered an injury some years back, which led to pain killers. I don't know how/why he died, I'm a bit out of the loop, my guess fentanyl. Successful guy, started working for a soft drink company back when we were all still squirts, worked there for years, owned several properties. Marriage to one of my old girlfriends, had a little girl, grown now I suppose. Marriage didn't end well from what I understand. Last I saw him me and one of my older brothers were driving through the old neighborhood and there he was out on the front porch, so we stopped by for a visit. Didn't seem the same guy. We were talking or touching on how about how nearly all of the guys from the old neighborhood are dead. Well, more than half, well over. He says, "Well, Gary is dead. ______(older sister), she's dead. I reckon I'm next, haha. Just kidding." I don't think he was. What a waste. Me and my two older brothers, averages, lucky to still be here. Middle brother had cancer two years ago, hopefully cancer gone for good. It all makes you think, though.

Anybody seen our good friend TAE around? I don't recall seeing him lately. TAE's a good guy. Seems life hasn't knocked the flowers from his hair...what hair he has left. Ha!

I'm an asshole.

Some say life is short. I would say at times life is long. Until it's not. I guess it's a little like swinging that mini sledge tearing down...scuse, dismantling that old barn. Suffered a few broken/split boards, shit happens, but the good far outweighs the bad. Only regret not wearing ear protection. Keep banging away at it, and salvage what you can. In the meantime don't forget to take a moment to look and see the beauty all around you. In the end, the good stacked neatly, for the rest just burn that shit.

Then again, what the hell do I know.

Yeah, went long, again. :facepalm:

No I don't. I just believe "don't have sex until you're in a position to take on the responsibility of raising your family". The biggest wimps alive are those who need that high but refuse to accept the consequences by having an abortion.
If you're going to declare the view that birthing kids into miserable circumstances is wrong "BS" you have to be able to explain why anyone is better off when Africans are born only to starve and/or become killers in brutal factional conflicts there.
See above.
You have to be able to explain why anyone is better off because that 13 year old kid who was recently shot trying to carjack an off duty cop was born. He got the idea in his head from the particular culture he was surrounded by, his parent(s) were unable to offer him anything but a life in that kind of environment and those kinds of influences.
What is "the particular culture he was surrounded by"? How about we spend the big bucks on increasing law enforcement etc instead of subsidizing Planned Parenthood?
Out of the $1.29 billion in total revenue, $553.7 million came from the government reimbursing Planned Parenthood for providing medical services covered by programs such as Medicaid or from government grants from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

If only they'd had this, if only they'd had that - meaningless. The circumstances they were born into are what they are - the "if onlys" are non-existent fantasy, they were doomed from birth to have things go the way they did - inadequate parenting, a dysfunctional, inferior cultural environment. What was a 13 year old going to do with a stolen car? He was engaging in predatory behavior for the sake of engaging in predatory behavior.
Again, see above.
Maybe kids should be enabled to commit suicide if they find their conditions of life to be too inferior. But don't do it for them. (plz reference my signature below for a disclaimer)
It sounds like you're saying you don't care what the outcome of them being born is, you just want them born because you think God says they should be...except when this alleged God kills children in biblical lore, which you cop out of discussing with people who don't share your belief. If all you've got is "God says so" then you don't have a compelling argument.
I find it rather pitiful that you keep insisting on this, when in fact I challenge you to find a single instance of an argument against abortion based on religion. Moreover, why would you keep insisting on this, if you refuse (as per a previous post of yours) to accept that I am even capable of such a thing?

Do you remember this, stated in a private conversation?
Politically, my allegiances started out based on religious principles but are confirmed by all non-religious evidence I have yet found (further reinforcing my religious beliefs).

*edited re:typo*

Last edited:
brassplyer said:
No I don't. I just believe "don't have sex until you're in a position to take on the responsibility of raising your family". The biggest wimps alive are those who need that high but refuse to accept the consequences by having an abortion.
So you don't believe using birth control is right? Are you Catholic? If you've said before I didn't catch it or don't recall.

I've engaged in conjugal relations outside of wedlock - I assure you I'm no wimp.

brassplyer said:
See above.
That doesn't answer the question - why anyone is better off when Africans are born only to starve and/or become killers in brutal factional conflicts there?

What is "the particular culture he was surrounded by"? How about we spend the big bucks on increasing law enforcement etc instead of subsidizing Planned Parenthood?
The 'hood culture that spawns so much crime in DC, where there were influences on his mind such that it would even occur to him to do such a thing. At 13 or any age since it would have never occurred to me to carjack or otherwise rob someone - if someone had offered me money to do it I wouldn't have. Someone lives in Crimeville USA - wth are they procreating when that's what the kid is going to be living in?

As far as I'm concerned that cop who shot him ended a life that shouldn't have existed in the first place - as evidenced by his actions. There's no rational rebuttal you can make to that.

Btw - they caught his 12 yo accomplice. The judge denied his being released to his mother's supervision - as the judge pointed out he was already supposed to be under his mother's supervision when he was roaming the streets criming with his buddy.

Increased law enforcement is fine but law enforcement is mostly an after the fact entity. What's far better is if the criminals don't exist in the first place. You cite the amount of money that goes to PP - how much do you figure is spent on welfare programs associated with kids born to parents who haven't figured out how to live so that they don't require a gov't handout? I'm not a zealot for the idea of PP being subsidized by tax dollars but I'm not incensed that it is. I guarantee that as bad as crime is abortions have prevented a tremendous amount of crime and associated costs bother personal and financial because of all the Vernard Toneys who weren't born. To say otherwise is absurd denial of reality.

If some lowlife recidivist were to murder your loved one at an ATM for $50 are you really going to feel thankful their mother didn't abort them?

Again, see above.
Maybe kids should be enabled to commit suicide if they find their conditions of life to be too inferior. But don't do it for them. (plz reference my signature below for a disclaimer)
If it leads them to try and commit crime against me you bet your ass I'll late-term abort them and sleep like a baby.

It seems odd to me that the same crowd who makes a lot of noise against abortion are largely very pro-gun, seemingly not making the connection that the odds are they're most likely to use a firearm in self-defense against someone they insisted should have been born despite the crap circumstances they were born into.

Do you remember this, stated in a private conversation?

"Politically, my allegiances started out based on religious principles but are confirmed by all non-religious evidence I have yet found (further reinforcing my religious beliefs)."
I assert that it's impossible for you to separate yourself from your religious views and accompanying confirmation bias. You might insist you're being neutral and objective, I'm not buying that you are.

I don't have a "religious view" to separate myself from. My views are based on observation of reality.

So you don't believe using birth control is right?
Correct.
As far as I'm concerned that cop who shot him ended a life that shouldn't have existed in the first place - as evidenced by his actions. There's no rational rebuttal you can make to that.
There is no such thing as "a life that shouldn't have existed in the first place". All lives have meaning and influence those around us -- a butterfly effect of sorts. Somehow the fact that "slum dog" George Floyd got high and walked into a store caused massive repercussions -- for better or for worse. There's something to living alongside our broken humanity which, no matter how bad it is, we can learn lessons from it.
What's far better is if the criminals don't exist in the first place.
You can cite stats etc but ultimately you can't prove that a kid will be a criminal, ie a danger to society. Speaking of plying brass, should Louis Armstrong have been aborted? How could his mom ever have guessed that he would be adopted and cared for, and eventually become the Snoop Dogg of the 30s?
kids born to parents who haven't figured out how to live
If you haven't figured out how to live, don't pretend to be procreating without doing it in the real.
If some lowlife recidivist were to murder your loved one at an ATM for $50 are you really going to feel thankful their mother didn't abort them?
Ever read the quote...
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Not only does a fetus not deserve death, s/he deserves a chance, the basic equality of opportunity, to prove that s/he can do good. Perhaps some, even many, will turn out bad. But even out of the millions of psychopathic fetuses, if one is to be the next Louis Armstrong, then I will die to defend his death.

Some things we are not meant to control, even in our own kid's lives. For example, I'll bet you've been secretly in love with someone your parents may have disapproved of -- let's say you were 7 years old. Puppy love. Among other things, I disapprove of parents who forcefully control their kids' emotions; perhaps guiding their choices based on those emotions would be appropriate. Even the Catholic Church teaches that emotions aren't sinful.
Anyway -- all this to say, it is not the parent's right to forestall the evil that their kids might be involved in. Otherwise, infanticide until 18 years of age should be legal. Even more so than abortion, because there might be actual wrongdoing on the part of that kid.

It seems odd to me that the same crowd who makes a lot of noise against abortion are largely very pro-gun, seemingly not making the connection that the odds are they're most likely to use a firearm in self-defense against someone they insisted should have been born despite the crap circumstances they were born into.
I support gun rights as a means of personal defense against an imminent threat to your personal liberties, and especially as a deterrent to potential governmental violence against its citizens -- which you did a fine job of addressing yourself just recently.

I don't have a "religious view" to separate myself from. My views are based on observation of reality.
Strangely enough, even just on this point, you do have "religious views" -- the view that all religion is a powergrab scheme to obfuscate the liberties of sexually "mature" :-)laughings:) humans. And I would even postulate that they are based on your observation of the reality that a, generation brainwash-hogwash-hardwired to justify clearly wrongful actions, is.

Back