Olympics Thread

I mostly agree with you. There is some serious gender gray area going on with that african shemale. But I don't know, and if no one knows and they can't test, let her run as a her.

I hear ya. And I agree. It just sucks for the other women competing against him. :laughings:

But it sucks for the people competing against Bolt and Phelps, too. Bad timing on the part of the Universe I guess.

But it sucks for the people competing against Bolt and Phelps, too. Bad timing on the part of the Universe I guess.

That's really kind of what it boils down to. Like with Bolt, the guy has nothing but gold medals. I think his first olympics were a bust maybe? Then he went on to win nothing but golds ever after. How bad would it suck to be an also-ran in his era? You have no shot. None. Same with the ladies running against man-dude-african-thing.

Like all athletes she had a gender test. The IOC said she was eligible to compete as a woman.

Like all athletes she had a gender test. .

You're not following any of this, are you? Gender tests are banned by the IOC. Have been since 1999. Because the IOC can't do gender verification testing they are forced to allow this guy to run with the women.

You're not following any of this, are you? Gender tests are banned by the IOC. Have been since 1999. Because the IOC can't do gender verification testing they are forced to allow this guy to run with the women.
Sorry, it was the IAAF. She was tested in 2009 and was declared eligible to compete as a woman.

Sorry, it was the IAAF. She was tested in 2009 and was declared eligible to compete as a woman.

That has nothing to do with the Olympics.

---------- Update ----------

It's a conundrum. There is no simple answer. There isn't even a difficult answer.

That has nothing to do with the Olympics.

---------- Update ----------

It's a conundrum. There is no simple answer. There isn't even a difficult answer.
It has quite a lot to do with caster semenya and the rules of international athletics.

Putting that nonsense aside, I really, really enjoyed these Olympic games. Men's indoor Volleyball is completely awesome. I'm a fan. I'm not allowed to watch it in the US but whatever.

...but not the Olympics.

Well, i think the rules of international athletics are quite a lot to do with athletics at the Olympics, but there you go. I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about, she's a long way off the 800m world record, if she didn't look quite masculine no one would give a fuck.

I really enjoyed the games too. I like the Olympics.

I didn't see one single minute of broadcast coverage.

This was actually my first Olympics. :o

It was thoroughly entertaining. I am way more impressed by athletics at this point in my life. I did 220 miles on a bicycle over a weekend last month and I've been climbing mountains and doing Spartans for the last few years and all that shit has given me a different perspective on sports than I've ever had. To see young men and women achieving lifelong goals while at the absolute peak of their chosen field is an awesome thing to see.

Back