New Samplitude SE. . .Wow! only $49!

eraos said:
By following the page you tagged in the original post, I reached this page :
http://site.magix.net/index.php?id=19208&no_cache=1
"Please note: International orders are processed in Euro (€)."
And the order page shows €49 clearly.

Must just be a misprint.

I guess I'll just make sure to follow the right link if I buy it.

This is really strange..perhaps your ISP is not registering as a USA IP address. Here is a pic of what I get.

Attachments

• SampSE.jpg
    SampSE.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 39
I looked into getting this, but the SE version has no plugin latency compensation which killed the deal for me straight away

lexridge said:
Has anyone else purchased this program? I'd like to hear your experiences with it.

Yeah, I bought it. I'm glad I did.
It's the only upper-scale program I've used, besides Tracktion, and I like the layout.

I find Tracktion easier for the actual tracking. Tracktion isn't really set up well for mixing and editing, though, IMO, so I'm using SamSE for that. I wish I was allowed more inserts, but I guess it's a better learning experience to have as few plugins as possible.

Bulls Hit said:
I looked into getting this, but the SE version has no plugin latency compensation which killed the deal for me straight away

I personally haven't had any problems with this.

lexridge said:
What exactly does that do? My latency with VST plugins with SampSE is not noticable.

The native Samp plugins would be OK, but if you use a dsp card like the uad-1, then you need auto delay compensation to accommodate the extra time required for the audio to travel to and from the dsp card

Bulls Hit said:
The native Samp plugins would be OK, but if you use a dsp card like the uad-1, then you need auto delay compensation to accommodate the extra time required for the audio to travel to and from the dsp card

Oh I see. So it automatically slows down Samplitude a bit, slowing down to the slowest (latency) card (assuming you had multiples) so everything is still in sync.

I never even thought of the usage of a UAD card(s). I use the native effects/EQ for the most part, and VST Instrument plugins as well. I thought about getting the Wave IR1 since SE doesn't include the room sim, but if I were gonna spend that kind of money, I might as well upgrade to Sam8 Pro.

program looks good and ive been looking to upgrade i think ill download the demo and try it out this weekend......

I went through to check the price and in US its $49 and UK its 29 euro on my comp....

Bulls Hit said:

Ah, okay, so I wouldn't have had any problems with it anyway.

Back