New Samplitude SE. . .Wow! only $49!

Killah_Trakz said:
Is this SE version the 8.3 version because i would love to get my hands on this, but i need to know if it supports the Frontier Tranzport.

Yes, the current SE is v8.3.

countrylac said:
Does anyone know if Samplitude will ever include (or if 8.3 does) a way to print score music from your midi tracks. I know Magix's software like music maker has this option.

No version of Samplitude does this presently. However, Magix Music Studio v10, I believe does.

The order of things...?

I'm using Sonar HS4, and Cool Edit Pro 2, and I also have n-Track, though I'm not using it at this point. Can any of you guys tell me abouut the heirarchy of these Samplitude/Magix products? I'm into trying the SE, but is this the one I should try? Not Magix?

I'm doing largely audio, little MIDI, and getting into recording and mixing live (studio) performances/arrangements. And- can it use a control surface?

Thanks!

sloom said:
I'm using Sonar HS4, and Cool Edit Pro 2, and I also have n-Track, though I'm not using it at this point. Can any of you guys tell me abouut the heirarchy of these Samplitude/Magix products? I'm into trying the SE, but is this the one I should try? Not Magix?

I'm doing largely audio, little MIDI, and getting into recording and mixing live (studio) performances/arrangements. And- can it use a control surface?

Thanks!

Once you get your hands on samplitude youll never ever want touch anything else again. Hey do you guys have a readme of what each ver. brings to the soft. Becuz i have o know if the transport is supported or not.

Killah_Trakz said:
fraser i knew that but im just saying that SE has limitations. Can u run a mackie control and 2 xt's

AFAIK, all the hardware control from the pro version is present in SE. It does for sure have HUI and Mackie control, as well as custom programable.

Killah_Trakz said:
watch ya tone man, anywho i got a good price for being a college student.

I didn't realize they offered discounts to college students. I will have to check this out! How good of a deal did you get?

Hm, interesting. When I click on Order it shows the price as €49, which would bee around 92 dollars if it was euro.

eraos said:
Hm, interesting. When I click on Order it shows the price as €49, which would bee around 92 dollars if it was euro.

Strange. I just tried it again (without actually re-purchasing) and it indeed has the $49 shown clearly. I did this from www.magix.com, bottom right side. Is that where you're doing it?

I started with N-tracks and it was a pain in the ass for the things I wanted to accomplish. When I got my RME soundcard, it was bundled with Samplitude and all my issues were immediately cleared up. Plus I got a nice, thick user manual that I'm still reading years later to learn new things.

lexridge said:
Strange. I just tried it again (without actually re-purchasing) and it indeed has the $49 shown clearly. I did this from www.magix.com, bottom right side. Is that where you're doing it?

By following the page you tagged in the original post, I reached this page :
http://site.magix.net/index.php?id=19208&no_cache=1
"Please note: International orders are processed in Euro (€)."
And the order page shows €49 clearly.

Must just be a misprint.

I guess I'll just make sure to follow the right link if I buy it.

My only concern is "Supports up to 8 I/Os (24-bit/96 kHz)."

What exactly does that mean?

I have two 1010lt cards in my system, does this mean it will only recognize 8 inputs? Or does this mean it can only record 8 simultaneously?

I can deal with only 8 simultaneous inputs, as long as the rest are recognized.

Yea, that means that you can only set 8 (mono) audio tracks to record at the same time. You will be able to select from any of your inputs.

Back