New Rep Point Thread.

Mine is a kit uke-I think it was a Grizzly if I recall correctly. I built it though the Craft Shop at S.I.U. here in town-it's small enough that I use a tennis racket bag to carry it in--soprano sized maybe????
We just glued the neck and the top onto it and gave it a acrylic spray finish-it was a quick project to complete. The guy that runs the Craft Shop says I'm his best student-I actually finish my projects in the time allowed-I built a Telecaster kit and a Violin as well.
Here is a couple of Tele kits I built-the white one was the Craft Shop build, the Burgundy one I built at home..
SagakitTeles-2.jpg

So like one Tele isn't enough?:confused:

Here's my Tele....

https://homerecording.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=59132&d=1266685157

:cool:

Oh yeah,let's see the Uke ;)

So like one Tele isn't enough?:confused:

It was a buy 1 get 1 free deal...the white Tele is more rock & Roll, it has double blade humbuckers now with coil split pots.
The burgundy is more standard with 2 single coils, both have a 4 way switch though.

Here's my Tele....

https://homerecording.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=59132&d=1266685157

I always wondered what sound a Tele Custom would have with a humbucker in the neck & single in the bridge-with the white Tele I can cut the coils and found that pickup combo it very sweet sounding-you've got quite a winner there, acid guy!!!!!!

:cool:

Oh yeah,let's see the Uke ;)

It is a soprano uke, it measures right at 21"-and I also have the tennis racket/gig bag in the picture too. It fits this sized uke great.........

Attachments

• Little Uke 1.JPG
    Little Uke 1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
It is a soprano uke, it measures right at 21"-and I also have the tennis racket/gig bag in the picture too. It fits this sized uke great.........
So do you tell people it's a Wilson uke?:confused:

I got the Tele from a friend who had no money for a job I did for him.The humbucker is the brightest I've ever played,must be a Fender thing.

So do you tell people it's a Wilson uke?:confused:

No I just tell them it's a cheesy kit uke, but the tennis racket bag is a great fit..for a soprano uke anyway..your mileage may vary though;)

I got the Tele from a friend who had no money for a job I did for him.The humbucker is the brightest I've ever played,must be a Fender thing.

It's that inherited Fender twang if you ask me!:D Most likely it's the effect of that 25 1/2 " Fender scale, same reason a Strat has a bright, biting tone with a humbucker.

It's that inherited Fender twang if you ask me!:D Most likely it's the effect of that 25 1/2 " Fender scale, same reason a Strat has a bright, biting tone with a humbucker.

Really?? The length of the neck affects the brightness?? There's so much I have to learn.

And why is everyone's post in BOLD?? Ack, even mine :eek: :eek:

Really?? The length of the neck affects the brightness?? There's so much I have to learn.

And why is everyone's post in BOLD?? Ack, even mine :eek: :eek:

It's the curse of posting in the New Rep Point Thread-and you too are now afflicted!!

Attachments

• The  Mummy.jpg
    The Mummy.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 54
Hey Chili.........I bought a new amp! :) A VOX AC30 with Celestion Greenbacks.
Great birthday present r00!

Kiwi made you a birthday thread in the Cave!

Happy r00 day to you
Happy r00 day to you
Happy r00 day to r0000000000
Just 0ne paddlin' w0n't d000000000.....

:spank::spank::spank:
:spank::spank::spank:

Back