New Rep Point Thread.

Yeah gotta love st pat's day! Downtown bars have lines of ppl waiting to get in when they open at 6am, all the street parking is used up, I had to park on the 4th floor of my tower! On my 1-block walk to my office, I passed up no less than 5 leprechauns drinking green beer on the street, and idk how many dozens of college kids whooping it up. At 6am.. I laugh, but now that I think about it, that's basically what I did 15 years ago too...

My best St Patty's day was in Wilkes Barre, PA back in some non-descript year in the 80's. A navy bud and I drove to his home for the weekend. Love that place, every 6th house was converted to a bar!!! On the first night, we were at one party where they had an open casket with a manaquin inside. I asked about it and Scotty said, "WHAT??? Don't you know there's no better party than an Irish Wake??? And he was right.

Come Sunday morning (two days later), he was shaking me to wake up. Gotta go to church!! I'm like, no way am I going to church. He was adamant and seeing that I was a guest in his house, well, I had to go.

Turns out church is a bar just around the corner where thy pull the shades down because it's illegal to serve on a Sunday morning.

Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone.

It's strange really because we don't do any of that stuff here or in Ireland. Well not like you guys do. We just seek out the pubs with the Guiness promotions to get free beer.:laughings:

It's strange really because we don't do any of that stuff here or in Ireland. Well not like you guys do. We just seek out the pubs with the Guiness promotions to get free beer.:laughings:

I remember that on my few visits to England. What we celebrate once a year is a daily occurence for you!! :drunk: :D
[Note the jealous tone]

St Patricks,pffft.

We drink for even the lamest of reasons around here,not that we even need a reason:rolleyes:.The city I live in has a bar on every corner and one in the middle of the block in case you can't make it that far.

Yeah gotta love st pat's day! Downtown bars have lines of ppl waiting to get in when they open at 6am, all the street parking is used up, I had to park on the 4th floor of my tower! On my 1-block walk to my office, I passed up no less than 5 leprechauns drinking green beer on the street, and idk how many dozens of college kids whooping it up. At 6am.. I laugh, but now that I think about it, that's basically what I did 15 years ago too...

And the morning after..... Downtown reminds me of a college house party basement the next day - garbage, a million empty beer cups, crap everywhere.. Eerie quiet, all the hungover ppl calling in sick or coming in late.. Less traffic than normal on the freeway. A few ppl with red-eye and a bunch of empty cubicles this morning :D

And the morning after..... Downtown reminds me of a college house party basement the next day - garbage, a million empty beer cups, crap everywhere.. Eerie quiet, all the hungover ppl calling in sick or coming in late.. Less traffic than normal on the freeway. A few ppl with red-eye and a bunch of empty cubicles this morning :D

Ok...now write a song about it! ;)

I used to hang out with a guy who bartended downtown and roomed with some Marquette guys.I went to his house one day and his room was filled with beer cans,bottles,cups and a pitcher filled with beer and cigarette butts.I went to his house three days later and it was still all there.(insert barf emoticon here)

Back