New Rep Point Thread.

Okay..okay! Here's one you should be able to desecrate!!:eek:

That Glamour shot you have, is like 18 yrs old or so..go ahead..make fun of the granny in a recent shot!...it will just give me a reason to take you to the SHED!!!:D

But..don't forget skinheading the others, including yerself!;)
You look too civil in that pic. Is that a minivan? Say it isn't so!

Get a pic on your hog!

Chili and I are both Central time...and yah, next Sunday at 2am we will spring forward and hour...yuk yuk.

You're Central time too aren't you Super?

Yup, central time. We do daylight savings here. I think the only state that doesn't is Hawaii. What a crock of shit DST is. I guess it was started to help farmers with harvest, but they have headlights on their air conditioned tractors with satellite radios. Why do we need it now? Stupidest thing ever!!! The guv'ment meddling with nature.

I didnt know central time went that far west, I thought you were on that deplorable 'mountain time' joke of a time zone.. Geez the sun must not rise til like 9am??

You lucky bastard, the sun's not even up on the east coast by the time im in my office .....

I'll admit, I've got a pretty good gig right now. Work out of the house. Wake up before the west coast gets into the office, with enough time to check emails and have a response (which is usually none). Then just sit around and wait for the phone to ring (which it usually doesn't). Every so often, I have to jump on a plane and travel to a customer site. I'm usually there for 3 or 4 days. The only downside is I don't know when I'll have to travel. But for now, it happens about once a month.

With the downturn in the economy, my industry laid off about 30% last year. My boss told me that our main company in Japan agreed to keep me on for at least 3 years to cover contractual obligations. So if the little subsidiary that I work for closes its doors, I'll still have a job. For now. Nothing fixed in stone, though.

Eventually, this gig will end. Either we'll get busy again, which will probably happen this year. Or we close the door and I'm looking for a job in 2 years. If that happens, I'll probably open a bar here in Austin.

I've always wanted to run a bar / live music stage... There's a place around here that has what's like a control room on the 2nd floor above the bar, above and behind the crowd. All walled in, huge window overlooking the stage / crowd, it's a really nice setup.. They record live bands but I have no idea how good the mixes are. Im kinda in the same boat, I have 2.5 more years of guaranteed contract work, and who knows what after that. If I had the funds, and thought I could pull it off, I'd totally do that.

Back