New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello from Houston Texas! I've been playing music professionally for years, but I've recently gotten into recording and producing and I'm hoping to find some good insight from this forum!

Presenting myself

I have been involved in music since 1994, had a break of about ten years in between.
The music was very experimental, electro to (euro) dance.
After the break, I went in search for what I wanted to make. After several years of trying out, I started in January with the "Suppliers of Navigational Instruments' project, mixing industrial sounds with sounds of everyday and natural sounds. The style varies from a dark ambient, industrial to noise.
The intention is not to focus on dark noises only.

I keep my equipment very basic:
Zoom H1, Oxygen 49 USB Midi Keyboard Controller, Tango Studio 10.04, Linux MultiMedia Studio, Audacity, Yamaha Audiogram3 USB Audio Interface and Kurzweil KS40A.

In my signature you will find the official site where you can listen to this project.

Greetings to everyone.

I have been involved in music since 1994, had a break of about ten years in between.
The music was very experimental, electro to (euro) dance.
After the break, I went in search for what I wanted to make. After several years of trying out, I started in January with the "Suppliers of Navigational Instruments' project, mixing industrial sounds with sounds of everyday and natural sounds. The style varies from a dark ambient, industrial to noise.
The intention is not to focus on dark noises only.

I keep my equipment very basic:
Zoom H1, Oxygen 49 USB Midi Keyboard Controller, Tango Studio 10.04, Linux MultiMedia Studio, Audacity, Yamaha Audiogram3 USB Audio Interface and Kurzweil KS40A.

In my signature you will find the official site where you can listen to this project.

Greetings to everyone.

Bonjour.

Hi my name is Eu Jin. Just joined and am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and helping everyone here. Have been aware of this site for many years. Am finally on board ;)

Finally found a proper place where I can gain and share knowledge about recordings.
Hello Everyone! I am Asapien from Nepal.
Happy postings :)

From Houston Texas.
Been playing since I was a child.
Met my wife while playing professionally.
Now my children are playing and I desire to understand the craft (of recording) better.
Cheers.

Hello from Midcoast Maine. I'm a shepherd (really!) slash woodturner getting into field sound recording as a hobby. I'm an old dog learning new tricks and having a helluva lot of fun doing it. I've already posted my first real post over in the Microphones section ...hoping they'll be kind to me! Glad to be here! Jim

Hi all I'm known as Rusty Nutz for a reason :mad: . I find this place helpful and amusing. New to recording would like to learn about recording so I could record my church quartet. I'll keep in touch ...

Hi all I'm known as Rusty Nutz for a reason :mad: . I find this place helpful and amusing. New to recording would like to learn about recording so I could record my church quartet. I'll keep in touch ...

Jim great hearing from ya. I'm an old retired man with a lot of time to play around trying recording and liking it.
Jerry

I would have said hello earlier but I had to confirm that rusty nuts weren't contagious ... :thumbs up:k

Hi all! I'm pretty new here. I found the noise factor on GS to become very high, pretty much every thread was containing un-friendliness and were very distracting. The discussions did not have any room at all for a solid, challenging yet friendly debate. There was also a lot of ego jumping over there and huge moderation issues. Simply put, I wanted to give another forum my attention instead. Let's have a fun time!! ;)

hey guys i'm new here to the forum but have been making music (Rap) off and on for about 4 years. And i'm just now going in balls deep into how serious i am about it. I'm finally bout to start working again and once i do i plan on upgrading my equipment. Right now im trying to find tips on actually making beats/recording/mixing&mastering. I found this forum on google and i'm hoping i can get whatever questions i have right now + whatever questions i may have in the future answered here. I wanna UP my music production skill by 20 for this next EP i am doing. Even though i may not be exactly "new" to recording music and the basics of mixing i still consider myself a noob when it comes to making beats and mastering...even advanced techniques of mixing and such. Music Producer/Rap-HipHop artist is something i've wanted to do with my life for over 10 years now. I would love to go to college for everything i want to do but until that time comes i am constantly looking for ways to improve my self on all levels. Just by looking at this site and the sections for 20 minutes this seems like a good place for me to be!

Hi! I'm Shannon, here to share with other people making music and whatnot. Hoping to have some fun chatting with everyone, while building my confidence enough to start joining the local music scene in my city. I'm a singer first, and I usually use ukulele for song writing. Pleasure to meet you!

hello everyone i'm edward, I don't know anything bout recording..so i''m a noob but i want to learn bout it so much.. It's a pleasure to join this forum!

Back