New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello Henry my name is Ggc and I will propbably need you for advice. I am such a girl at this stuff. Not tech savvy by nature. Welcome!

Hello Henry my name is Ggc and I will propbably need you for advice. I am such a girl at this stuff. Not tech savvy by nature. Welcome!

Hello right back at cha GG.

The PM feature is an exultant way to send questions if you feel that they are to primitive. ;)

Hello right back at cha GG.

The PM feature is an exultant way to send questions if you feel that they are to primitive. ;)

Yeah, most of us here treat noobs with respect. We had what seemed silly questions at one time too. Any of us responding in this thread, will treat you with respect for sure.

Welcome to the forum.

:D

Jimmy

I'm not buying any more equipment till I get my album done... I got plenty of crap to get some songs recorded :p

Welcome everyone

Hello Everyone!

I just joined this site and really look forward to both learning and sharing information about home recording, saxophone recording techniques, and just general music industry stuff!

Need a FRIENDLY saxophonist to help you answer questions relating to "pet-peeves" and what we (as performers) might be looking for in a recording engineer? Drop me a line and I'll HAPPILY (and for free) answer any and all questions!!!!

So happy to find this site!!!
H

Introducing myself

Hey,

Im Spart (thats the nickname Ive used for decades)...

Anyway, I started out playing drums when I was a kid, then gravitated to guitar in my teens and Ive been playing multiple instruments ever since..which is over 35 years..heh. Yeah, Im an oldie. I played in a few midwest bands in the 80's, did some recording of our orginals back in the 90s, and over the past few years Ive gotten back into making my own recordings. When I first started out I did some old reel to reel recordings, then went onto cassette recording, then 4 tracking. Ive got my own space for a studio and Ive got my own digital 16 track, some p.a. equipment, guitars (elec, accoustic, bass), amps, my own drum kit, keyboards, fx, mics, etc. Im not looking to be a rock star, or write or record the next #1 big hit. I just enjoy creating and making my own music. Its kind of funny, because I write the music and lyrics, play all the different instruments, and then record and mix the tracks, burn, etc.. it truly is a "one man show" as of now. I may eventually open up to other artists, but for now, its just a fun, creative hobby I enjoy.

If it makes any difference.. musical styles.. almost anything really, but mostly rock/hard rock, metal, neo classical metal, true classical.. although my recordings so far have been more mainstream mellow, pop, ballads, and the occasional thrash metal experiment, etc..

Oh, and I guess the main reason I wanted to join this forum is to get a better understanding of some of the nuances, tricks, techniques that others use. So if I ask dumb questions, oh well, so be it.

And finally, in case you havent notice.. I love to write (thats my other hobby)...

Hello all, I'm Phillip. I live in south Alabama. My father and I have an automotive repair shop. We do both collision repair and service work. I am ASE master certified and I taught a high school auto shop class three years. I have a good ability to figure things out when I know what direction to take. I have no recording experience, so I'm here to get some direction and learn right now. Maybe I will be able to help someone else some day. My wife and I both play instruments and sing so we will be trying to record some songs as a family. Our six year old daughter is showing signs that she might surpass both of us if she sticks with it so i really want to help her as much as possible. I have had pro tools m-powered for a little while and I have learned a little about it. I've watched a lot of tutorials on youtube and pttuts.com. I've put together a space to record and I've recorded some sample stuff a few times to get the hang of it. I am currently trying to figure out how to get my room to sound good before I go much further. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hanging with you guys a bit.

Good to meet you Phillip! Look forward to learning from each other here. Hope you have a sense of humor. It is recommended around here if you want the real secrets!

Just kidding...There are no secrets around here. Just straight talk, with silly banter at times.

Welcome man.

Jimmy

Hey guys, im new to recording. ive written a few songs as a single artist and never recorded anything so im thinkin about screwing around and putting a few songs together until i can establish a band :) id love for your support when i get some stuff recorded as well as ill give you guys support (i respect all kinds of music)

check out my youtube: sk84life2672 (not yet) but ill be posting my music up there in about a month or two? i dont know yet but thats where itll be

Hey,

Im Spart (thats the nickname Ive used for decades)...

Anyway, I started out playing drums when I was a kid, then gravitated to guitar in my teens and Ive been playing multiple instruments ever since..which is over 35 years..heh. Yeah, Im an oldie. I played in a few midwest bands in the 80's, did some recording of our orginals back in the 90s, and over the past few years Ive gotten back into making my own recordings. When I first started out I did some old reel to reel recordings, then went onto cassette recording, then 4 tracking. Ive got my own space for a studio and Ive got my own digital 16 track, some p.a. equipment, guitars (elec, accoustic, bass), amps, my own drum kit, keyboards, fx, mics, etc. Im not looking to be a rock star, or write or record the next #1 big hit. I just enjoy creating and making my own music. Its kind of funny, because I write the music and lyrics, play all the different instruments, and then record and mix the tracks, burn, etc.. it truly is a "one man show" as of now. I may eventually open up to other artists, but for now, its just a fun, creative hobby I enjoy.

If it makes any difference.. musical styles.. almost anything really, but mostly rock/hard rock, metal, neo classical metal, true classical.. although my recordings so far have been more mainstream mellow, pop, ballads, and the occasional thrash metal experiment, etc..

Oh, and I guess the main reason I wanted to join this forum is to get a better understanding of some of the nuances, tricks, techniques that others use. So if I ask dumb questions, oh well, so be it.

And finally, in case you havent notice.. I love to write (thats my other hobby)...
hey man, do you have a website? or some of your songs posted up on youtube or something? id love to hear some

Back