New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi From New Guy: Projectmix101

Hi. My name's Steve (projectmix101 since I use a Project Mix i/o). I'm primarily a singer/songwriter. I've always been fascinated with the recording process and had a four-track I learned how to use my senior year of HS. I slowly progressed from the Tascam tape 4-track (wish I still had it!) to a Roland VS880, VS1680, and then finally ProTools M-Powered on Windows XP.

First I was using my studio as a place to write and arrange my songs for someone else to eventually record. I then realized I'd rather learn how to get decent recordings into the machine so that I could send it to be mixed. Now I'm learning how to mix for myself, though I still get help on mixing all the time.

Glad to be here....You have no idea how glad I am to be here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey folks,
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the forum and site. I'm sure I'm about to learn alot (which is why I came here) and also ask LOTS of questions. My name is Tom and I'm new to home recording but not studio recording in general. I work as a session musician in Nashville and lately I've been offered some work that I would either need to book a studio to accomplish OR cut the track(s) in a home (hopefully mine) studio. The idea of working from home appeals to me at times so I'm about to begin a long and hopefully fruitful journey, down the road of home recording. Got lots of questions in re to equiptment for my home studio, just not sure if I should ask them here or under the Newbie section.
Anyway, thanks again for helping me out and for letting me in on your corner of the web!

Watsup,

Just checking out the forum, trying to see what else I could use to make my mini recording studio even better, and because the holidays just passed I have about $300 to spend.

What I got:
- Logic Pro 9
- Firewire Interface
- 8-Input 2-Bus Mixer with XENYX Mic Preamps and British EQs
- Condenser Mic, Mic Stand, Pop Filter
- Monitor speakers and stereo

What I want to do:
- Record some pop/rock tracks
- Record Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Vocals
- At this point, I don't have a good enough acoustic drum set, nor good enough drum skills, to start recording drums. I
don't really mind using virtual drums. How bad can they be?

I was thinking sound proofing padding to make a decent vocal booth, but.... I don't think know.. Any suggestions would be AWESOME! Thanks!

The thead said to inroduce yourself, so.... Hi! I'm Maksen, Norwegian and a rookie in homerecording. Playing the cornet, and one of my goals is to record myself with a church-organ. Ideas about how to make it sound great are allways welcome. :)

-Maksen-

Hey, My groups name is S.lee and we new here. We are recording our own music, indie rock/anything that sounds cool and different, and we chose to record our first E.P with some Home Recording equipment and yeah.
Any help/ideas would be nice .

~S.Lee~

Hey,

Looking forward to some knowledge!

The thead said to inroduce yourself, so.... Hi! I'm Maksen, Norwegian and a rookie in homerecording. Playing the cornet, and one of my goals is to record myself with a church-organ. Ideas about how to make it sound great are allways welcome. :)

-Maksen-

Hey, My groups name is S.lee and we new here. We are recording our own music, indie rock/anything that sounds cool and different, and we chose to record our first E.P with some Home Recording equipment and yeah.
Any help/ideas would be nice .

~S.Lee~

Howdy all.

Well my name is Gilbert I'm here to learn as much as I can from this and other sources. I'm looking to start a recording studio and a small record label in south Texas.

Hey HR...

This is my first post, and I wanted to stop by and say hello...
My name is Drew Parr and I'm a producer trying to improve my sound, by learning how to mix, and hopefully develop some friends on this site..

~Drew

Hello everyone! I'm Lex and I live in Florida. I sing, play a variety of instruments and compose my own music. I have been saving money for a little while and I'm planning to set up a computer-based project studio (DAW) in my house. I've been researching these topics (acoustics, mic placement, recording techniques, etc.) for quite some time, and I've finally reached the point where I'm ready to purchase the actual hardware. I simply want to make the right choices with the money that I have, so here I am...any advice would be appreciated...thanks!

P.S. I realize that my join date says 2010...I guess I joined then, but never posted anything. At any rate, here I am...and it's great to be here!

Hi guys I'm Frankie from cardiff studying music technology. Have been a drummer for about 7 years now. Am a certified logic 101 professional. I will be here to gain more knowledge make friends maybe contacts and have good old laugh with everyone. I have recently posted a thread about orchestras in the recording section. If anyone could help i would be very appreciative. And again Hello!

Thanks
Frankie

Back