New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi guys, I'm Josh, 20 years old from England, I'm a student and recording is a massive past time of mine. I have a very very primitive rig (details in another thread).

Nice to meet you all

Hi, I'm Sean and I'm interested in recording classical guitar at home. I've done a bit of recording, but my ignorance of equipment is quite profound. I use Audacity and a Zoom H4 and have a pair of MXL 604s. I'm interested in learning more about preamps.

Hi everyone! I'm Jackson and I'm learning/trying to record, cover some songs, and also writing my own songs. Looking forward to learn a few skills from this forum. :)

K-Watt here. I've been into recording ever since I figured out that my old Teac cassette deck could work as a 2-track back in 1986. I have a degree in A/V technologies I earned in 1991, though the only I thing I really learned at school was the importance of making back-ups. (The hard way :rolleyes:). I've played, recorded and toured in punk bands since the late 80's and have recorded several projects over the years on everything from Tascam 4-track cassette machines to Ampex 4-track reel-to-to reels to over-blown PT rigs to Fostex VF160 8-track DAW's. Some of my work has been released on Indy labels (and a few releases actually sold well!); both with bands I've played in and other people's bands. I've always been old-fashioned about my methods but am not afraid to do ANYTHING as long as it gets the results I'm after. I currently moved into a 1,700 sq-ft room and am planning on going "pro" but have been interested in the discussions going on on this board versus the others. Too much BS out there while there seems to be some open-mindedness here compared to other boards.

Did I mention I like to call my approach to recording "Ghetto-Tech?"

As someone who recently moved into the digital age of recording, I am here to ask questions as a "n00b", but at the same time will gladly share 20+ years experience of recording in basements, bedrooms and garages, as well as having spent considerable time in high-end studios and having watched some legends do their thing, and the knowledge of having worked on so many projects with you all.

I also like a beer and a smoke every now and then.

Last edited:
Got dammit! I have been way too busy this last week.

Welcome all of you new members. I hope to learn as much from you as I can. And maybe try to help you all out from my experiences as well. Or just have a laugh, and sing a song.....

:D

I'm another newcomer. Ivan, just getting into recording.

K-Watt here. I've been into recording ever since I figured out that my old Teac cassette deck could work as a 2-track back in 1986. I have a degree in A/V technologies I earned in 1991, though the only I thing I really learned at school was the importance of making back-ups. (The hard way :rolleyes:). I've played, recorded and toured in punk bands since the late 80's and have recorded several projects over the years on everything from Tascam 4-track cassette machines to Ampex 4-track reel-to-to reels to over-blown PT rigs to Fostex VF160 8-track DAW's. Some of my work has been released on Indy labels (and a few releases actually sold well!); both with bands I've played in and other people's bands. I've always been old-fashioned about my methods but am not afraid to do ANYTHING as long as it gets the results I'm after. I currently moved into a 1,700 sq-ft room and am planning on going "pro" but have been interested in the discussions going on on this board versus the others. Too much BS out there while there seems to be some open-mindedness here compared to other boards.

Did I mention I like to call my approach to recording "Ghetto-Tech?"

As someone who recently moved into the digital age of recording, I am here to ask questions as a "n00b", but at the same time will gladly share 20+ years experience of recording in basements, bedrooms and garages, as well as having spent considerable time in high-end studios and having watched some legends do their thing, and the knowledge of having worked on so many projects with you all.

I also like a beer and a smoke every now and then.

Howdy Ivan and K-Watt ..... The times they sure are a changing huh.

Got dammit! I have been way too busy this last week.

Welcome all of you new members. I hope to learn as much from you as I can. And maybe try to help you all out from my experiences as well. Or just have a laugh, and sing a song.....

:D

That's right Jim --
It's sing song time
:guitar:

Hi Gang

Hi, my name is Stephane, hailing from Canada's National Capital, Ottawa.

I've been a bass player for close to 30 years, but nothing "pro".. just enjoy playing with friends etc.. Fav player would be Geddy Lee and a bunch of others.

I work in the IT field so by default that makes me the recording "engineer" of the band since no else has any inclinations to learn that stuff.. but I really do enjoy it very much.. just recently (a month ago) picked up a Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 mixer and learning how to use that for live and studio recording.

I'm at the very beginning of my recording journey, mostly because it is ony now that I can afford some good gear. Already read the big mic thread and have so much respect for Harvey and others here. This is a great place to learn from !

Cheers,
Stephane

Hi, my name is Stephane, hailing from Canada's National Capital, Ottawa.

I've been a bass player for close to 30 years, but nothing "pro".. just enjoy playing with friends etc.. Fav player would be Geddy Lee and a bunch of others.

I work in the IT field so by default that makes me the recording "engineer" of the band since no else has any inclinations to learn that stuff.. but I really do enjoy it very much.. just recently (a month ago) picked up a Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 mixer and learning how to use that for live and studio recording.

I'm at the very beginning of my recording journey, mostly because it is ony now that I can afford some good gear. Already read the big mic thread and have so much respect for Harvey and others here. This is a great place to learn from !

Cheers,
Stephane

Morning Stephane. Welcome aboard.

Another new guy...

I'm just another average, spare, 50 something white guy... Just now setting up my home recording rig. My wife hope it will help to keep me at home. We will see. Hopefully I will have some examples to post soon.

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I have got some experience playing a range of instruments as well as recording/mixing. Trying to get back into recording, it's been years. But I'm having some issues with getting my old system to work with win 7.

Back