New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi,

I am Lara Martin. Doing video production profession for last couple of years.Those who are interested for the same field to discuss. They are mostly welcome.

Thanks
Lara

hi i'm gert, i run my stuff under the name "zerozillion". i started making music somewhen 1994 as a teenager. i'm strongly influenced by 80s/90s metal bands but also commodore 64 sounds. producing music the digital way since 1999, 2012 i got somewhat bored and switched to analog - so computers are only used it post production for cutting and maybe mastering. thats why i'm on here, to get tips and share the things i found out.

OK i am new here, not new to recording. I am working on building my own recording studio. does anyone have any advice on installation? Or soundproofing. I am going (thinking) to take a garage and go all out. Any advice?

SM57 is a good mic to start out with. It is a workhorse. Can be used in many applications(snare is an example). And it's not expensive. Under 100.00.

Hey guys,
I'm a member from Belgium. Been following classical and jazz piano since I was 8. At the age of 14 I started taking jazz-guitar lessons also.
I play in a symphonic rock/metal-band with my 2 brothers AND my father, so this is pretty cool.
A few years ago I got interested in recording because I want to sent some demo's around to get some gigs.

I've only been here for a few days, but I should have been here years ago!

That's all for now. I will surely learn a lot from you guys, but I'll try to give my knowledge to you if helpful.

Regards,
Martn

I've been registered to this site for six years, but just posted for the first time today (Ableton Live tip). So, now I feel that I should introduce myself. I go by the producer name of "chisel316". I produce hip hop instrumentals and trance. I've been exposed to music my whole life. My first electronic music gear was a casio keyboard with barcode reader! When I got to college, I discovered MIDI and then sound modules and over the years I collected a mini-studio of hardware gear. Then, I slowly switched from hardware to software and today I'm using software exclusively with a few hardware controllers. I still have all my hardware stored in a cabinet - including my first drum machine (Boss DR-220A) and an original Casio VL-Tone. Maybe one day, I'll get back out all that gear, but for now I'm happy with producing in the box. I can't post URL links yet, but if you search for "chisel316" you'll find my songs.

Peace \/
chisel316

Hey everybody!

My name is Taka. I live in Canberra. I'm a teenage student thats just getting into music production. It's really fun and inspiring. I hope to get a lot of help and become a part of the community here! :)

Hi, new here. Going to be putting together a voice over studio for the wife. Hoping to find some great info and help. Site looks like a great community.

Oh, you are so wrong Anthony, this place totally sucks!

Lol, just kidding. Welcome aboard man. :)

And a welcome to all the others new members as well! :D

Jimmy

Just beginning my home recording and looking forward to learning a lot from thise that have been involved with it for far longer. Glad to be involved.

Hi There... I am a complete novice, and planning to be purchasing a Lexicon Alpha studio, so in a while I'm likely to be needing help. What I would like to record is spoken word, i.e drama and stories with background music, sfx etc, as well as soundtracks for animated films. I live in London. That's about all for now

Rod

Back