New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

I'm Jesse. I'm a rapper/producer/guitarist. Figured I'd sign up here to learn more about home recording and home studios and have some discussions with people who know what they're talking about.

I'm Tom. My musical adventures are called "Eight Fingers and a Thumb." I go by EFaaT. I play a MIDI accordion and sing. On a piano accordion the only digit you don't use is your left thumb. Hence, the name. Been playing for decades. Decided to begin recording the material I do, and even some that I don't do publicly, now that the kids are grown and I can sit in the studio for longer periods. Have Cakewalk Sonar X1 Studio on a PC and a Tascam 2488neo, synced via MOTU MIDI Express XT. I'm here to learn. Thanks in advance.....

EFaaT

Hello all, I run a mastering company and write music as 'NorthBay'. Looking forward to adding a couple of opinions and maybe some advice in this forum (hopefully it will be helpful, but it'll definitely be constructive!), and looking forward to meeting people too.

Hey guys, I've been on this forum since '08, but haven't really posted much. I'm a professional drummer and producer based out of south Texas. I've been playing music now for around 4 decades with many artists from JOHNNY BUSH, CLAY BLAKER to the DIXIE CHICKS. I have a small studio where I provide a service of playing real custom drum tracks and have been into the study of recording drums for 2 of those decades. I still don't know what I'm doing! Well, maybe a little...

hello guys, I'm exceeds from singapore.. Nice to meet all of you and hope from this forum, my music editing skill will roar and looking forward for all senpai guidance.. thank you. :D

I'm a noob, but I've been lurking and ingesting much of this site for a few years now. Thanks for being a wealth of information. :-)

Hello everone!

I'm Justin, multi-instrumentalist (jack of all trades, master of none...LOL). The last few projects I have been involved in got me interested in digital recordings. Slowly, my friends and I turned my garage into our jamspace with some basic recording equipment. We are still learning the ropes and often find ourselves in over our head, even with our relatively inexpensive setup. I figured a forum like this can help us turn our mediocre recordings into presentable material for at least a decent demo.

Here are some of the key elements to our studio setup...don't laugh. Again, this was clearly on a budget!

Tascam US-800 - interface.
Behringer Multicom Pro XL - compression is where I tend to get confused, we have an extra unit that we use for our live PA.
Art MP Studio Preamps - we have several (one being the V3 edition with presets) because it was much more cost effective than rackmount units. Not sure how the quality compares aside from online shopping reviews.
MXL v67i - dual diaphragm condensor mic.
MXL 990/991 - smaller condensor mics we use mostly for drums.
Shure SM57 - don't think it's working right anymore :( We can only get a very shrill tone out of it.
M-Audio AC30 - monitors.
ART Headamp4 - headphone amplifier.

hi. i'm gillian. :) glad that i found this site. just started some amateur recording and i need some advice on recording. (you don't say? XD) guess i'll be finding some things i need to know in here. :)

Hi everybody,
I am Eugene from San Diego, CA. I am really happy I found this forum!
I play several instruments, but my main one is shakuhachi flute. Shakuhachi, Native American flute, Didjeridoo, Udu drum, AKAI EWI, Real Guitar2, Duduk, a bit of Xaphoon, Dan Moi, and several other instruments is what I am trying to record. Maybe some throat singing.. I already see it will take me quite a while to read before I can start asking somewhat intelligent questions :)
Thanks a lot for the forum!

Hi, I'm Txema, I'm NOT a musician, I have NO rythm or any music proficiency but my son does. Been the computer geek of the family and the one that buys the stuff I like to know what to use and how to connect it/use it.

Hi, I'm Sun M. Kim (Asian :)). I record vocals and some acoustic. Mostly covers. Appreciate the help I get from this forum. Lovely!

Hi Folks: I've been recording music / playing music since I was in my 20's - I'm in my 40's now and still really enjoying it. I have many questions about recording; this looks like a great place to ask :-) Hello from Boston

New member here, thanks for having me, been browsing around and see some very intelligent people on here, looking for help on how to setup my newly purchased gear, Roland VS840GX, Acer Laptop, Tascam US MKII, Sonar 6 Producer edition, samson mic and pop filter, eletric mando, hohner harmonica, sony mdr headphones, these stupid visionik speakers that i just found i got ripped on, should have read into them more. Anyway any suggestions on how to set this all up and what else i should be looking to get would be greatly appreciated.

Hello to all. I am new here. I just wanted to say Hi and tell you that I have been recording music for well over 35 years. I have owned my own commercial studio and home studio as well. With the advent of computer programs and Pro-tools and such the small commerical studios suffered from a lack of paying clients so I closed mine down. Retired and now I am just very happy to use a small Tascam 246 and other outboard gear left over from my retail venture to record my own songs and ideas for myself.

Hi, everyone!

:listeningmusic:

I'm new to the site.
I love music and sounds and especially recording and singing and songwriting. I also play piano.
I would say I am an audio engineer at heart. I love working with sound and gear, especially keyboards! I especially love editing, mixing, and mastering.

I am 21 yrs old, so I still have a lot to learn. Which is why i joined this site, to learn from others. I am also taking classes.

My goals is to one day own my own professional studio.

So yeah that's me!

Hello I am musicman at first. I have an old knowledge base: i have make always my own PA for all my groups but that comes from the time of analogic. I have proposed me to record the ideas that have in my old drawers. Thanks all you for be here for help me. From my part I want give here all that I can.

Back