Need a mix / mastering for my "We all know" song

Here is my try on this song....

Hi.
Many thanks for the try. There are some improvident i would like....

1. The sologuitar is a bit to high and it should be moved some, right or left.
2. the marching drums are also to high, to my taste.

I havent had the opportunity to listen to it on diff speakers as im out of cds. I will bye some tomorow and the burn it.....

but again, thank u for taking the time....

ps: it would be cool if someone altered the sound on the acoustic guitars or any of the other instrument.....kind of make a total different approach..... ...add/took away something or what.....?

We All Know (Perfekt Chaos Mix) Update 3

Hello again Einar.

Here's the updated version.
Didn't noticed any low-end issues on this one... tried a couple of different systems and sounded good!

Bare in mind that testing a song on a 192kb mp3 isn't the best. Can't upload on a higher quality due to the size.

Enjoy,
Walter

View attachment We All Know_update3.mp3

Hi.
Many thanks for the try. There are some improvident i would like....

1. The sologuitar is a bit to high and it should be moved some, right or left.
2. the marching drums are also to high, to my taste.

I havent had the opportunity to listen to it on diff speakers as im out of cds. I will bye some tomorow and the burn it.....

but again, thank u for taking the time....

ps: it would be cool if someone altered the sound on the acoustic guitars or any of the other instrument.....kind of make a total different approach..... ...add/took away something or what.....?

Number 1 and 2 done .....

I changed the acoustic guitar tone and the tamburine has gone ....

Dirk

Attachments

• We_Know_Final2.mp3
    4.5 MB · Views: 9
hello I am a music producer in Brazil tomorrow will be posting a version for quite liked the style and sound of music

Hi.

So cool. Thanks

ps: feel free to "excite" the ac guitar in first verse a bit.....like e.g flanger, chorus, your choice..........

-einar-

Last edited:
Number 1 and 2 done .....

I changed the acoustic guitar tone and the tamburine has gone ....

Dirk

Hi.

I guess the ac guitar wassent quite what i was thinking of. I was hopening for more of a new sound, like flanger, chorus e.r.

1. the hole sound lack some high end.....it sounded a bit woollen.
2. the maching drums are still to loud. Im aiming for: the marcing drums, rythmic organ, and my played sologuitar should blend together.
3.ac guitar is a bit to high in second verse

best regards
-einar høiland-

Here is my mix with a recorded bass. It's been fun and the song is a real grower :D
View attachment 80513

Hi.
Thanks and it was nice bass, but im growing fond of PerfectChaos version. He has done something with it so that it fill out better. Dont know what he has done.
if u want to re-record it:
1.make it sound longer(meaning less palm muting) and in second chorus make it dobble tempo from as it is now.
2. The voice is a bit to high and it is sharp here and there...maybe de-esser...?
3.The sologuitar could be higher except in chorus .
4. It sound like the hole song is pumping......to hard compression or something...?

best regards
-einar-

Hello again Einar.

Here's the updated version.
Didn't noticed any low-end issues on this one... tried a couple of different systems and sounded good!

Bare in mind that testing a song on a 192kb mp3 isn't the best. Can't upload on a higher quality due to the size.

Enjoy,
Walter

View attachment 80512

hi.

Your version is still the best, and the second verse/chorus is close to perfect.

If your up for it i would like:
1. there are some artifact with s-words......maybe a little de-esser here and there would help.
2.could you lower the rimshot a couple of db.
3.the main voice is a bit to high, when i sing the highest note(in the chorus). Its "hurts" when played loud. Maybe some compressen, would do the trick.
4. The toms could be maybe -3 db lower.....

but again; the second verse/chorus is so cool, Thanks

best regards
-einar-

hey Einar,
just noticied this thread and download the stems. here is a rough mix. need to mix vocals properly and balance the choirs and add some motion as well, but would like your feedback.

View attachment 80550

cheers

Hi.

Havent burned it to a cd yet, but the first thing iv noticed(headphones on laptop) it sounded a bit sharp. Also, the rhythmic el guitar from second verse is gone....? iv like those in the song.
The bass is also a bit wrong. if you listen to PerfectChaos`s last version, you will get some idee of what i like.

But, thanks for the effort, and if your up for it.....go ahead.

best regard
-einar høiland-

Hi
Here's one more version.

Interesting song and arrangement. I liked it a lot. But it was also very difficult to do.

I wanted the beginning to be smooth and focus all the time mainly on vocals. I tried not to make the band in the end too rough sounding as the vocals were very intimate and humble all through the song.

My reference was James Taylor. With that reference it's clear that I wanted it to sound like a "Man with a band", not a "Band with a vocalist".

I tried to compensate the lack of bass by making the kick drum boomy and threatening. I didn't quite succeed in it, but I still left my attempt as the marker of the idea. In the end of the song the kick is not boomy anymore.

Acoustic guitars were also difficult. I would have wanted to hear more the wooden body of the guitar, but I couldn't make it the way it sounded in my head. So I left guitar quite thin. For some reason I felt that two guitars in the beginning was distracting my attention from the vocals. My solution was to use only the other guitar. In the end when the bass comes in I use the stereo image of two guitars.

All the comments are very of course very wellcome

Cheers
Olli

Attachments

• olli-h-we-all-know-192.mp3
    6.7 MB · Views: 8
4th mix

Einar,
Here is the 4th mix of your song...let me know what you think

Attachments

• We All Know Mix 4.mp3
    7.9 MB · Views: 6
Hi
Here's one more version.

Interesting song and arrangement. I liked it a lot. But it was also very difficult to do.

I wanted the beginning to be smooth and focus all the time mainly on vocals. I tried not to make the band in the end too rough sounding as the vocals were very intimate and humble all through the song.

My reference was James Taylor. With that reference it's clear that I wanted it to sound like a "Man with a band", not a "Band with a vocalist".

I tried to compensate the lack of bass by making the kick drum boomy and threatening. I didn't quite succeed in it, but I still left my attempt as the marker of the idea. In the end of the song the kick is not boomy anymore.

Acoustic guitars were also difficult. I would have wanted to hear more the wooden body of the guitar, but I couldn't make it the way it sounded in my head. So I left guitar quite thin. For some reason I felt that two guitars in the beginning was distracting my attention from the vocals. My solution was to use only the other guitar. In the end when the bass comes in I use the stereo image of two guitars.

All the comments are very of course very wellcome

Cheers
Olli

Hi.
I will burn it to a cd and take a listen. I will however be occupied for a couple of days. You will hear from as soon as i get the time...

-einar-

Here's another version. This one is better candidate for the loudness war. :)

Attachments

• olli-h-we-all-know-192-ver2.mp3
    6.7 MB · Views: 5
Hi Einar and others,
Do you have any reference records in your mind for this song? It would be easier for everyone to try their mixing skills, if there's was a clear professional high quality mix to compare with.

I was listening to James Taylor for mood, and Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" for the extreme grow. But neither one of them has the distorted guitar walls. Maybe I should have listened "Stair Ways to Heaven". What about others?

Cheers,
Olli

Back