Need a mix / mastering for my "We all know" song

I'd give it a go but "mix this please followed by now change it to what I want instead even though I've done essentially all my posting in this one thread all about me" put me off a bit.
Your originl mix isn't too bad and a few of the otehrs are WAY better but obvioulsy not quite what you want. The idea of this section is for others to put there perspectives into the mix not be your mixing session engineers.

I'd give it a go but "mix this please followed by now change it to what I want instead even though I've done essentially all my posting in this one thread all about me" put me off a bit.
Your originl mix isn't too bad and a few of the otehrs are WAY better but obvioulsy not quite what you want. The idea of this section is for others to put there perspectives into the mix not be your mixing session engineers.

Hi.
thanks for the reply, and im sorry that you feel that way. I was under the impression that "my mixers" liked the challenge, that i gave them corrections. They all have done i much better jobb then i could. Infact im having a hard time telling them a part.

Some are better then others, and if they are bored of my nagging, and stop replying, im fine with that to.

best regards
-einar høiland-
Ps: I was a bit surprised by all the response......

Hi everybody.
Im pretty new to this forum but I was hoping some of you could help me get a better mix/master to one of my songs.

You can cut,paste,trim,add,eq,reverb,fx....... pretty much do whatever you want with it-

I will also give some "thank you" money if i get a good master back.

Or you decline the payment.......you choose

Best regards
-einar høiland-
NORWAY

First; heres my attempt:

https://www.box.com/s/pp9zjueqbka4eokwn7vm

And heres the tracks in rar-files:

Part 1: https://www.box.com/s/xolgaqyflinv94jw4kn4

Part 2: https://www.box.com/s/wcyw1z9zepdyfsmvg5tu

Hi.

Its been a lot of fun, but im now going on holly day and while i still can listen to any new entries, i will not be able to give the same amount of feedback of the songs. (cant burn them an listen to it on different systems)

Again; massive thank you for all your efforts...

best regards
einar høiland-
Ps: if your up for it, give it a try..... ;-)

Only problem I heard with this mix is the lead guitar playing when there was singing at 1:09 sounds good, at 1:22 seems to start to drown the vocals.

I also felt the vocals drowning in 1:22 as I said I did not have much time was made through the rush to and gave priority EQ and drums that was what was left more to be desired

Hi Einar and others,
Do you have any reference records in your mind for this song? It would be easier for everyone to try their mixing skills, if there's was a clear professional high quality mix to compare with.

I was listening to James Taylor for mood, and Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" for the extreme grow. But neither one of them has the distorted guitar walls. Maybe I should have listened "Stair Ways to Heaven". What about others?

Cheers,
Olli

Hi.

I did get that question once before, when i tried an online mixing, and as then, i was not able to give a song to compare. I dont have a reference song. So im sorry.

Hi Seeker, I loved this track - been humming it for days and just had to give it a blast! in fact - it made me want to sign up to this forum and get discovering other people's talents :-)

This is the first i've edited any kind of audio in a while, last i recorded/mixed was about 4 years ago and god knows my ears have changed. in fact i've only had logic pro for a couple of weeks and just getting back to grips with everything. this mix is my first and realise it's maybe a tad rough - I play guitar in a metal band and my ears have taken a beaten over the years.

I liked the sound of the track without the distorted guitars, I feel leaving them out made the Solo stand out a bit more

Anyhow, Let me know what you think of my mix.

p.s listening back now, i'd say the marching drums need to come down in volume a good bit.

ai this my version can not do much because I was out of time

Hi.

Very nice mix. The only thing i would have liked change is:

1. The kick is a bit dry, take a listen on Perfectchaos`s latest version, and you get the idee of what a mean/like.
2. The marching drums could be a bit more "fuzzy", like in real life and maybe a bit lower e.g -3db...... They to, are a bit dry now.

But thanks.

-einar-

Hi and thanks.

Iv noticed that the solo guitar is taken away to......was that intensional....?

best regards
-einar høiland-

Yes, it was intentional. I just wanted to simplify the track a bit more. I wanted to make the last section of the solo stand out by doing so :-)

Hi, here is my version. I recorded a real bass. Hope you like it! That's a very nice song! Feel free to tell me what you'd like to change! Please copy link the url below. i was not allowed to post the url since haven't make 10 posts yet.
"https://soundcloud.com/fakas-1/we-know-mix-by-bruno-domingues"

Hi, here is my version. I recorded a real bass. Hope you like it! That's a very nice song! Feel free to tell me what you'd like to change! Please copy link the url below. i was not allowed to post the url since haven't make 10 posts yet.
"https://soundcloud.com/fakas-1/we-know-mix-by-bruno-domingues"

Hi.

Thanks for you mix. There are however some changes i would like.

The bass is way to heavy(loud). It is also "woffing"
When the second verse starts, the main drive is gone. The bass should starts there(and maybe in original tone) and alongside the el guitar. I think its the best place in the song. But off course its a matter of taste-------
There are a lot of low range cancellations going on as well.

Have you burned it to a cd and listen to it on different system...? I have to do that all the time and im still in over my head regarding mixing.....its so damn hard to get the low to mid range right---

anyway...thanks for the effort.

best regards
-einar høiland-

Back