NAME THOSE OLD NOW OBSCURE BANDS

LOL.......Suzy Quatro!New York Dolls..........oh dear.....
I think someone already mentioned Hawkwind.We have yet to really tap into the '60s.Strawberry Alarm Clock?

ROFLMAO! I come back like a month later and you guys are still doing this. Too much!

Did anyone ever mention Max Webster? Might as well go for a soda.

-wp

Wasn't "Go for a Soda" a Kim Mitchell tune? Or did he cover it from someone else?

Wes, did ya get the CD's yet? Went to post to the Yahoo group, but I couldn't log in. Damn Yahoos!

peace.

How about:

Fat Mattress (I forget if it was Noel Redding or Mitch Mitchell that was in that band post-Experience)

The Ansley Dunbar Retaliation (post-Mayall, pre-Zappa... hey, does anyone know what happened to Mr. Dunbar after he was in Journey and Starship? He was great on those Zappa records he played on in the early 70's.)

Ahh, so Kim Mitchell was in Max Webster. Guess my knowledge of Canadian music stops with Rush and Triumph and ...Gag...Hack...Celine Dion...or is she from Mars?

peace.

effedupstrat

Got 'em, thanks! I'm going to try to listen to them this week. I had the week from hell last week (mortgage lenders are total tools ;-]).

Just re-register with Yahoo and merge your groups and it works just like it used to. The thread is dead though.

Thanks Yahoo.

I'll put it back together once I get through buying this stupid house. ;-]

Does anyone remember Kajagoogoo?

ROFLMAO!

-wp

Fat Mattress........I almost forgot them.I had their first album.Noel was back playing guitar again,as he was when Hendrix found him.
How about Canned Heat?

A Flock Of Seagulls? (hahahahahaha......just someting to shake up the old thread).
How about Firefall? They had a really good guitarist,I think his name was Jock Bartley,or something.I saw them here in Florida last year and the guy was still playing great.

ok,nobodies gonna see this since it's so far down ,but heres a few you all missed (I think)

Stillwater - they were featured about twenty years ago on a british rock music tv show called The Old Grey Whistle Test and had a tune called Sam's Jam that was just a total rip off of 'Freebird'

The Smithereens - 'Behind the wall of sleep' and 'A girl like you' are two of the greatest songs in history.

The Outlaws - 'Green Grass and High Tides(?)Forever' -a classic from a band described as 'The Guitar Army'

Preying Mantis - their first album is one of the great debut offerings of all time in the Heavy rock field

Doctor Feelgood - british blues rock band whose live album 'stupidity' went straight to number one in 1975 and stayed there for six weeks, boy how times have changed.

Doc Holliday - southern boogie outfit with a couple of great tunes 'the South is gonna rise again' I think was one of them

Anyone remember the late Doug Sahm and the Sir Douglas Quintet?
Actually,I started this thread to try and name all the bands who really made it big,but the kids today wouldn't remember them,like Uriah Heep,ect.........but the thread has taken on it's own life ,and I like it!
How about (1) Pablo Cruise
(2) Bebop Deluxe
(3) Redbone

Back