Moby Grape
Amazing Blondel
Vanilla Fudge
Hudson and Ford
Silver Apples
Amboy Dukes
Curved Air
Love
I actually heard Curved Airs name in a jeapordy clue 3 nights ago.

Hey T-ville,
He was a way nasty master and an early influence on me - went by the name Lee Pickens. Played a Paulie - thru Marshalls - more then likely.

Mammoth
Soft White Underbelly
Thor
Vixen
F-Word
X
Alcatraz
Nazz
Plasmatics
Meat Puppets
Tom Tom Club
Slade
British Lions
Atomic Bitch Wax
Humble Pie
Iggy and the Stooges
Gillian
Rory Gallagher

That's right! NAZZ was Todd Rundgrens band.
And I loved Nils Lofgren. Anyone remember Cry Tough?

How about Framptons Camel, or Kaukanenns Kangaroo?

Twist

Thin Lizzy
Foghat
Golden Earring
Wild Cherry
Jackson Brown
Gordon Lightfoot
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
CCR
Bob Seger and the Silver Bulet Band
America
Maynard Fergonson
George Benson
Steve Miller Band
Heart
Doobie Brothers
Genesis
Asia

Sorry about any repeats

Peace, Jim

Wondered if anyone would get to Ted Nugent.

There's another Bloodrock song called Jessica that was all over the airwaves in the early '70s. Totally cool, easy to play but well put together...great D and E7#9 chords! Check it out on Napster or something if you can't get to it any other way.

I was just listening to a Shawn Lane CD (this guy is just a totally scary player) and I think we forgot Black Oak Arkansas. He was just a teenager in this band. What was the frontman's name...Jim Dandy or something?

Jim Dandy Mangrum. Go, Jim Dandy! Their live shows were a hoot... Ol' Uncle Elija, he's still alive...

I was tryin' to think of this obscure southern rock band that I liked "Firefall". Also another obscurity was a band called "Detective" - did a really neat song - Recognition.

It's pretty interesting to see bands like Sea Train and Curved Air (Sonja, I still love you the best!) on this list - they would be my choices too, plus Spirit, and 'It's a Beautiful Day'

... and Lindisfarne, and Saga - and the Manfred Mann album with 'Blinded by the Light' on it.

foo

Angel
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band
Neil Merriweather All Stars (sp)
Artful Dodger
David Werner
Audience
Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel
The Runaways
Ronnie Montrose
Elephant's Memory
Quicksilver Messenger

that's it for now...

BTW, Firefall was from Boulder, CO.

But wait, there's more...

Fat Mattress
Starz
Hawkwind
Andy Pratt

[Edited by major240 on 01-18-2001 at 12:36]

Hey major240,

Audience was one of my real favorites from the 70s. Like so many albums that have disappeared from my collection over the years, all I have left is a tape of their LP "Lunch". I believe they also had one called "The House on the Hill". I just found it for sale on a site called MUSICFILE.COM. Do you know of any other titles released by them?

Thanks,
Twist

Cool maj
and welcome to the bbs-
I remember some sort of Souther-Hillman-Fury connection - also a Mark Andes on bass.

Twist
House on The Hill is CLASSIC, still on eof my favorites. Lunch was OK. A couple of years ago a friend sent me a tape of what we had long refered to as "The Lost Audience Album." I can't recall the title off hand. I'll try and look it up.

That reminds me, the lead singer had a short time with his own band, Howard Werth and The Moonbeams

bball...Thanks for the welcome.
Jock Bartley is another name from Firefall. They still play around here and there...The 70's Retread Circuit, probably.

effedupstrat...I see you mention Alex Harvey. It's few and far between that I here that name. Any SAHB favorites?

[Edited by major240 on 01-18-2001 at 15:23]

Major240,
I don't have any of the records, they belonged to the drummer in one of my old bands. I seem to remember "Framed", though. Wasn't that an old Leiber-Stoller composition. I remember him singing in a terrible accent (what was it, Welsh? I can say that as I'm part Welsh), "I was fram-ed-duh", like it was a multi-syllabic word. Didn't they also do "Delilah", or maybe that was only Tom Jones?............................

WAIT.......now I remember!
We used to cover "Midnite Moses"!...something about "I wish I was a forest ranger, danger,danger,danger".

Its really funny how things just sorta come back to you kinda like a bad boiled dinner.

Man, you whip out tunes like that in a club and people think YOU wrote 'em!

peace.

effe,
yeah, he'd do a cover now and then...Delilah was a Tom Jones tune. I think Framed was one of his own...but he did others. I still have Impossible Dream on vinyl. Everyone should get to know Vambo. He was a Scottish lad, you know, that might help explain the accent/style.
Get this, did a word search and ended up finding a link to an "All Alex, All the Time" station @ Live365.com. The station is called Glasgows Finest...I'm listening to "Delilah" as I type. Absolutely bizzare that such a thing would exist, but that is one of the wonders of Da Net.

A few more bands...

Hello People (had this mime look, did a song called Futureshock, I think)
Roderick Falconer
Alan Parsons Project
The Blasters
Icehouse

effe, Thunderclap Newman was a Pete Townshend project. One time, one song.

[Edited by major240 on 01-19-2001 at 08:43]

Back