My Studio Construction Thread

Looking good. Thats alot of panels there, I can imagine the pain they were.

I bet it sounds great in there.

I like your pedal board, a nice mix of very usable sounds. I esspecially like the greenbox sstone. Most of my early recordings (circa 1992) featured that and a greenbox muff.

And the lamps pick up the screensaver/desktop image SSSSOOOOOOOO well - I mean REALLY.
F.A.B. SCOTT.
Pedal power too.
Now you'll tell me that it's all powere by sliver solar panels on the roof, all farts are extracted, the methane removed & used to power the beer fridge and there's a urine syphone attached to the drum throne!
Oh, & within that environment you will make LPC music - forget global warming as all is now good with the world.
Just because you could
Exactly as it should be
Aiming for the top
Lava lamps are groovy
Ostentatious - not in the least
U fellows have done well
Such a beautiful beast
Even from here - new shed smell
Cool bananas.

And the lamps pick up the screensaver/desktop image SSSSOOOOOOOO well - I mean REALLY.
F.A.B. SCOTT.
Pedal power too.
Now you'll tell me that it's all powere by sliver solar panels on the roof, all farts are extracted, the methane removed & used to power the beer fridge and there's a urine syphone attached to the drum throne!
Oh, & within that environment you will make LPC music - forget global warming as all is now good with the world.
Just because you could
Exactly as it should be
Aiming for the top
Lava lamps are groovy
Ostentatious - not in the least
U fellows have done well
Such a beautiful beast
Even from here - new shed smell
Cool bananas.

And we're tracking!!

Looks great but I can't figure for the life of me why you have the mix position facing the wall instead of the playing space.

Would you have been too close to the back wall when mixing?

Very nice space.

Looks great but I can't figure for the life of me why you have the mix position facing the wall instead of the playing space.

Would you have been too close to the back wall when mixing?

Very nice space.

The mixing position is 38% from the "front" wall, and consequently we don't have much in the way of reflections from the rear wall (behind the drums).

If we did it the other way we could see a little easier, but the mixing position would have been compromised.

This is VERY nice, but I'm not jealous at all. Nope. Not one bit.

Dammit. :p

I would love to have the time to build something like this, and more importantly, the finances.

Awesome job! :D

Is this for your personal use, or do you do this as a business?

This is VERY nice, but I'm not jealous at all. Nope. Not one bit.

Dammit. :p

I would love to have the time to build something like this, and more importantly, the finances.

Awesome job! :D

Is this for your personal use, or do you do this as a business?

Just for Incanus and I.

Getting painted today, and a solid exterior door as well.

Tomorrow the security system goes live and the landscaping starts.

This will be all over by next week.

Pics to follow....

Final installment of photos

So, my dogs destroyed all the exterior hoses and cabling for my AC.

Also, the larger of the two fuckers can scale an 8' fence with a little boost.

So here are some last minute improvements:

Last edited:
Back