My Studio Construction Thread

I showed up last night exactly when the last panel went up on the ceiling. I stared up with my jaw hanging for about 2 minutes before I could even say anything. And then, all I could say was, "Shit. . . Holy shit. . . This is. . ."
I'm still at a loss for words. This is soooooo frikkin cool. I'll be out there everyday this weekend (which is thankfully a 3-day one!) I'm sure there'll be some more pics up soon.

Man oh man oh man oh man oh man.

Man, I can't wait to get down there and make a bit of noise in there...and drink some brews with you guys....:D

Most panels installed

Note: Installing panels is a serious pain in the ass. I am not exaggerating.

We've still got some 2" and 4" panels to go on the walls for flutter echo etc.

Steve and I built the desk last night, we're going to start bringing the gear back in tonight. :)

Last edited:
That is a seriously serious set up BUT with the music that LPC pump out it's WORTH IT, (which is easy for me to say as it'll only cost me the price of an album but you get my drift I hope...).

man creep thats looking fine!!!!
one question that you might have already answered .....

where are you gonna record?
and
is this just a mixing and mastering studio?

man creep thats looking fine!!!!
one question that you might have already answered .....

where are you gonna record?
and
is this just a mixing and mastering studio?

This is intended to be a larger version of what has worked for us in the past; a single room to record and mix in. I can only pretend at mastering, but hopefully I'll learn something along the way. Mostly, recording drums has been the driving consideration in building this room. I expect to tune it and tweak it until it sounds good.

Oh my God, man! It's beautiful! :D

.....brings a tear to my eye....:cool:

Looks like all that hard work, planning and investment paid off....thanks for being enough to share the process with all of us....

....can't wait to hear what starts coming out of it - congratulations!! :)

Last edited:
Wow, thats damn nice.

Love the kit, the pedals amps , recording gear, everything looks so nice.

Man I`d like to jam in that "Shed":D

Back