My Studio Construction Thread

i havent been following this developement from the start, but i have just read the whole thread.

this is superb, its such an inspiration to see someone go from start to finish and not give up.

i want to do it too now

i dread to think how much the building costs in total (without ANY actual equipment on top)

well done on this mate

Super Nice

I read through the whole thread, the pictures were great! I have one question though, how did you know you were going to need all of the sound panels? I would think that you would add them as necessary instead of just starting with them all? what am i missing?

JasonBird

I read through the whole thread, the pictures were great! I have one question though, how did you know you were going to need all of the sound panels? I would think that you would add them as necessary instead of just starting with them all? what am i missing?

JasonBird

Simple: you just can't have too many bass traps.

hey man, this is incredible. i listened to your track in the clinic, but what you're doing is so far beyond what i'm capable of that i have no business critiquing your sound. i'd just sound like a giddy schoolgirl eagerly awaiting justin timberlake to call my number to come get on my knees. :eek:

congratulations. it's amazing.

One year in

And no problems. I love my studio. Outside at the street it sounds about as loud as a vacuum cleaner - bottom line, it's MUCH quieter, although not "soundproof" by a long shot. The room, after all, is designed to sound good and not to be quiet.

I can really hear how bad I suck now! :D

price tag?

haha, this studio is practically one of the most amazing home studios i've ever seen, excelent work dude, i couldnt imagine how much that all cost,

supercreep, I am also building a 16 x 28 building dedicated (almost) to a studio. I do not however have the luxury at this point to pour a slab. But maybe we could share some construction tips?

I built a workshop about the same size, and I put it on piers. Not sure it is really cheaper than a slab, when you figure up floor joists, etc. But my shop is on a decent hill, and I liked the idea of having storage space underneath.

Nothing wrong with cinder block foundations either.

My shop cost about $5000 total, and I did pretty much all the work. The materials included all exterior siding, dimensional shingles, insulation in the walls, wiring, double metal doors, etc.
I purposely left out windows to make [unauthorized] access next to impossible without cutting thru a metal door or the wall.

Now, those are material figures about 6 years ago, but I don't think they'd be TOOO far off nowadays.

I built a workshop about the same size, and I put it on piers. Not sure it is really cheaper than a slab, when you figure up floor joists, etc. But my shop is on a decent hill, and I liked the idea of having storage space underneath.

Nothing wrong with cinder block foundations either.

My shop cost about $5000 total, and I did pretty much all the work. The materials included all exterior siding, dimensional shingles, insulation in the walls, wiring, double metal doors, etc.
I purposely left out windows to make [unauthorized] access next to impossible without cutting thru a metal door or the wall.

Now, those are material figures about 6 years ago, but I don't think they'd be TOOO far off nowadays.

Wow. In California, I paid a little bit more than that.

pictures dissapeared

All my pictures is gonzorz. :(

I'll try to fill in the blanks...

Attachments

• studio 001.jpg
    studio 001.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 126
  • studio 008.jpg
    studio 008.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 125
Since my pics dissapeared, here they are again

Somewhat out of order, but I think you get the idea: