My first song I've made

The song did truly have the feel to me and the feel was so clearly obvious to me, that I thought it was clearly obvious that others would feel that way as well. But I was mistaken. If I didn't come in here with humility and pride instead, I would be saying things such as that I am better than everyone else and such. I have done no such thing and I have just simply shared my song, expressed how I felt about it, and asked others to talk about if they agree with me or not and how they felt about it instead. If they felt something completely different, then they should then offer me constructive criticism that I can use so that it does portray that feel to other people. I came in here sharing and expressing how I feel through my "composition" (albeit, very bad) just like any normal humble and polite individual would.

RAMI's just jellis of yo mad skillz.

I feel like I just heard a kid play his piano lesson for the week - on a Casio. It was played well enough to move to the next page in the book. (Although I suspect a midi file here)

Ok, whatever man. Good luck on your journey. Don't let me stop you. You're harmless and I'm sure most people just got a laugh out of your "song" and moved on.

Last edited:
We've had pretty much this chat with this same dude before I seem to recall. Hippy drippy shit.

So you've made up a melody. Nice. I could see it working in an orchestral composition. Why don't you go find one and get them to play it for you, or buy a software orchestra and have a go at seeing what you come up with, or put it in a bit more musical context?

You won't, because you're a 15 year old with pimples, too much time and a Casio keyboard who's trolling.

---------- Update ----------

https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/newbies/could-someone-produce-my-song-349962/#post3957690

From his "blue" period, when he was 13...

We've had pretty much this chat with this same dude before I seem to recall. Hippy drippy shit.

So you've made up a melody. Nice. I could see it working in an orchestral composition. Why don't you go find one and get them to play it for you, or buy a software orchestra and have a go at seeing what you come up with, or put it in a bit more musical context?

You won't, because you're a 15 year old with pimples, too much time and a Casio keyboard who's trolling.

---------- Update ----------

https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/newbies/could-someone-produce-my-song-349962/#post3957690

From his "blue" period, when he was 13...
Wow! Nice catch. That explains a lot. I almost feel bad that I was talking to a 15 year old, but SOMEONE had to tell him. He obviously didn't learn the first time around and now he's doing the same thing 2 years later. Pretty funny, actually.

If this guy is for real, then dreams are good. I don't want to knock down the dreamers, we need them. But... one has to work to make their dreams actually happen. I've worked/know guys who are really out there, but they put it out there. The do what they can to realize their vision.

OP - suggest taking that cool attitude and help the rest of us hear what you hear. Even the greats of music studied their art.

Wow! Nice catch. That explains a lot. I almost feel bad that I was talking to a 15 year old, but SOMEONE had to tell him. He obviously didn't learn the first time around and now he's doing the same thing 2 years later. Pretty funny, actually.
I am actually 26 years old.

I am actually 26 years old.

Good. Now, I don't feel bad about the way I talked to what I thought was a 15 year old.

Why did Armistice think you were 13 in that other thread? I could have sworn I read that somewhere in that thread, too, but I guess not.

Last edited:
...I have just simply shared my song, expressed how I felt about it, and asked others to talk about if they agree with me or not and how they felt about it instead.

I don't agree with you when you say it has a beautiful and mysterious feel. For you, maybe it has that feel. For me, no.

If they felt something completely different, then they should then offer me constructive criticism that I can use so that it does portray that feel to other people. I came in here sharing and expressing how I feel through my "composition" (albeit, very bad) just like any normal humble and polite individual would.

You're pretty confused. You can't 'portray a feel' to people who don't share the same musical sensibility as you. Different musical genres are like different languages or different cuisines - you either like them or you don't - they either talk to you and speak your emotional language or they don't. I went and listened to a few of your tunes on Youtube and I can tell you with certainty that your musical sensibility is very idiosyncratic. It's okay to be idiosyncratic, it's not a bad thing, but believe me when I say that very idiosyncratic music will not be popular, for the very simple reason that idiosyncratic music does not speak a language that people recognise. I mean, how can you dig something that you don't even recognise? You can't. It's impossible.

Your music might get more appreciation if you were a better musician, but you can't play or sing very well, and your recordings have issues - you need to get a pop filter for your mic to prevent all those plosives, for example. So here's some constructive criticism: learn how to play, learn how to sing, and learn how to record.

Has anybody consider that we might be dealing with a mental patient....?

-einar-
Actually, I mentioned that a couple of times in the thread, but then went back and edited my posts. Even though I wasn't making fun of it, I still didn't feel right suggesting it.

It doesn't matter if he's crazy and it doesn't matter if he's a troll. The music stands or falls according to how it's perceived. And *that* is what he was asking about. How we perceived it.

It doesn't matter if he's crazy and it doesn't matter if he's a troll. The music stands or falls according to how it's perceived. And *that* is what he was asking about. How we perceived it.

I agree 100%.

Back