My first song I've made

MattMVS7

Banned
Although this is something that is not fully produced as I don't have the musical skills to do so yet, I wish to share a song here that I've came up with. It has a beautiful and mysterious feel to it. I wish for you to not only give me criticism on it, but it is very important that you also discuss how you feel about the song as well because I wish to share and talk about feelings when it comes to me being a composer. I also wish to get your opinions on how my song feels in order to see if this confirms my own personal feelings about it:

OK, not sure what you have in your head, but it didn't translate to the rest of the world.

Now, first couple of seconds would be a good opener that would allow other instruments to take up the melody to a full composition. But as I hear it now, I hear possibilities, but little more.

Well... I wouldn't say that you have a 'song'.

It seems more that you have a raw melody. Your next step now is to work in the harmony (chords) that will dramatically change the feeling depending on the progression, if the chords are major, minor, 7, etc. You will be surprised how the harmony can drive you to change and/or extend the melody you already have.

Anyway, after to have the melody and the harmony put together then you will have to create an structure for your tune. Remember that a complete tune needs an intro, the main part, chorus, bridge, etc, and finally the end.

OK, I don't want to be a pain but... even after all this work you still will NOT have a song! LoL! No kidding... technically speaking you will have an 'instrumental tune'. To have a song it still will need lyrics.

Although the 'song' word be misused to describe any musical piece, the correct definition for this would be "a form of musical expression in which the human voice has the principal role and is the carrier of a text".

But, oh well, you already have a good start. Now it is just a matter of carry on and work on it!

:)

Are you guys really trying this hard to be polite? Knock it off already, you're not helping, though I admire your intentions.

Matt...Seriously, is this some kind of joke? You want people to discuss how they "feel"??? About what? Something that's more simplistic than a nursery rhyme, and way less interesting?

Last edited:
I didn't just want to slam the guy and since he has a 2012 join date, that is a long time to lurk for a joke.

I didn't just want to slam the guy and since he has a 2012 join date, that is a long time to lurk for a joke.

It's someone that has made several accounts. Probably one of the same trolls that keeps showing up with different names.

This song I made is supposed to have the feel of a mysterious sacred temple that is off the charts in some other realm. I know that this song does not feel that way at all to any of you, but it sure does to me.

off the charts in some other realm. I know that this song does not feel that way at all to any of you, but it sure does to me.
Good, then maybe you can join it.....you're already off the charts. :D

Last edited:
Good, then maybe you can join it.....you're already off the charts. All you need to do now is travel to some other realm and everyone will be happy.
Now I don't understand why you are having a negative attitude towards me. I was expecting mature people here who would offer me mature constructive criticism both in terms of what I need to improve upon, and also how they feel about it and if my intended feel does get through to the audience or not (which is obviously not the case here). I came here and wanted to see if my intended feel from that song I made gets through to the audience and that, if it doesn't, then what I need to improve upon so that it does.

Now I don't understand why you are having a negative attitude towards me. I was expecting mature people here who would offer me mature constructive criticism both in terms of what I need to improve upon, and also how they feel about it and if my intended feel does get through to the audience or not (which is obviously not the case here). I came here and wanted to see if my intended feel from that song I made gets through to the audience and that, if it doesn't, then what I need to improve upon so that it does.
You need to get over yourself if you're taking this seriously. Personally, I think you're either having a laugh at anyone who might actually give you a serious answer....OR....something.....

And I'll hit this from another angle while I'm at it. For those of us that have been practicing our craft for years, who have actually learned how to play one or more instruments, who have spent hours trying to improve at playing that/those instrument(s), who have spent hours learning how to record, compose, produce, arrange, mix, etc.........to have someone come in here with (admittedly) little or no musical knowledge, playing a vague nursery rhyme "melody" on a who-knows-what instrument, with the ability that is barely beyond what a 4 year old can produce.....and then to seriously ask people discuss their "feelings", is a bit of an insult to us that have spent hours, months, and years at this, because it implies that you think that this is just a matter of having no talent and putting in no effort at all.

That's why I either call bullshit on your part, or if you are serious, then I say you're insulting the rest of us by taking yourself so seriously.

Last edited:

Don't ask people how they feel about something then whine because you do not like the response. You got exactly what you asked for. I am really new to recording and I know my stuff needs a lot of work but damm, don't feel so bad now. RAMI was spot on.

You need to get over yourself if you're taking your pathetic attempt at "music" this seriously. Personally, I think you're either having a laugh at anyone who might actually give you a serious answer....OR....you need mental help. I'm not joking.

And I'll hit this from another angle while I'm at it. For those of us that have been practicing our craft for years, who have actually learned how to play one or more instruments, who have spent hours trying to improve at playing that/those instrument(s), who have spent hours learning how to record, compose, produce, arrange, mix, etc.........to have someone come in here with (admittedly) little or no musical knowledge, playing a vague nusrey rhyme "melody" on a who-knows-what instrument, with the ability that is barely beyond what a 4 year old can produce.....and then to seriously ask people discuss their "feelings" and to actually call it a composition, is a huge insult to us that have spent hours, months, and years at this, because it implies that you think that this is just a matter of having no talent and putting in no effort at all.

That's why I either call bullshit on your part, or if you are serious, then I say fuck you for insulting the rest of us by taking yourself so seriously. Personally, I don't give a fuck how that comes off to you. You insulted me and everyone else here by thinking your so-called "composition" warrants any kind of discussion about "feelings".

True story.
So just because you have had years of experience, instead of being polite and mature to someone who is just starting in the process of composing, you feel insulted by such people and instead ridicule them? I would expect the opposite (no matter how bad this newbie's "song" is). Just the fact that I am serious in the sense that I wish to share and express myself and actually learn much more about composing later on, you should at least admire that instead of frowning upon that. I'm sure that no matter how bad someone's melody or song is in terms of someone who is just starting, there would be some mature constructive criticism that can be offered instead of what you are doing here now.

I'm sure that no matter how bad someone's melody or song is in terms of someone who is just starting, there would be some mature constructive criticism that can be offered instead of what you are doing here now.
Had you come in here with a little humility and asked for advice on how to improve, like you're now implying, that would be one thing. But you didn't. Instead, you post something not even worthy of a nursery rhyme that can barely qualify as a recording, and you say this:

It has a beautiful and mysterious feel to it........ it is very important that you also discuss how you feel about the song as well because I wish to share and talk about feelings when it comes to me being a composer.
That's WAY different than asking for help and opinions.

Last edited:
Had you come in here with a little humility and asked for advice on how to improve, like you're now implying, that would be one thing. But you didn't. Instead, you post something not even worthy of a nursery rhyme that can barely qualify as a recording, and you say this:

Seriously?????? I mean, SERIOUSLY??????

That's WAAAAAYYYYYYY different than asking for help and opinions. It's just plain insulting. Like I said, get over yourself.
The song did truly have the feel to me and the feel was so clearly obvious to me, that I thought it was clearly obvious that others would feel that way as well. But I was mistaken. If I didn't come in here with humility and pride instead, I would be saying things such as that I am better than everyone else and such. I have done no such thing and I have just simply shared my song, expressed how I felt about it, and asked others to talk about if they agree with me or not and how they felt about it instead. If they felt something completely different, then they should then offer me constructive criticism that I can use so that it does portray that feel to other people. I came in here sharing and expressing how I feel through my "composition" (albeit, very bad) just like any normal humble and polite individual would.

Back