Mixing and Mastering Engineer??

BlaineBird

So I sent this track in to an engineer to mix and master it the other day and this is what I got back..IMO its horrible. What do you guys think?? the track

It sounds compressed to the freakin hilt. (But then, we don't know what it sounded like before he got it.)

Is that what you asked him to do?

Alright guys heres the untouched file,with no mixing,mastering,anything.all instruments are at %100. I also have one with a mix I did which I think sounds great. I think I'm gonna post that one a little later. Anyways,thanks for the listens!here it is... track untouched

Better yet,heres the tracked out file if you really want to get a look at what he was working with... [no longer available due to 4shared being shit!]

Last edited:
yeah,he mixed and mastered it.which btw I didnt expect much,and he did send me 3 different versions.But I really felt like he just slapped a plugin on it and chose presets.and all of the tracks were dry with no effects or anything if thats what you mean by rough:guitar:

Um, what the hell is up with that sharing site? No way I am downloading anything from there. Sorry man, not doin it.

I understand.haha I didnt want to put it on there,but that was the guys preference of sharing site!What sharing site do you recommend?

Hell man, anything but that! Yousendit, streaky.com, wetransfer, Dropbox.... Pick one.

Whatever that site was, it sounds like your mix guy was all about screwing people over..

I'm definitely not gonna go back to that one. It was hell to get it uploaded,and all the ads do make it a bit sketchy.lol If I get it on another sharing site tonight I'll post the link to that!

Yeah, you don't need that, and nobody does....

Just place all of your tracks in a folder, zip it, and send via one of the 'non annoying' free sharing sites. Yes, they all want you to sign up for more space, but nothing like that crazy 4shared crap.

The raw mix sounds very different from the mastered mix. Sounds like he used different tracks than you used. And yes it's a heavily limited master which is what today's mixes are getting subjected to. Kinda distorted but that's what happens when you slam it hard. Welcome to the loudness wars. Who was the mixer/mastering house ? Is this a free preview copy? Or did you pay?

it's a heavily limited master which is what today's mixes are getting subjected to. Kinda distorted but that's what happens when you slam it hard

Nah, you should be able to slam a mix without getting distortion. Of course, a lot depends on the mix itself. Some mixes can't handle being slammed, which means they're not ready for mastering anyway.

The raw mix sounds very different from the mastered mix. Sounds like he used different tracks than you used. And yes it's a heavily limited master which is what today's mixes are getting subjected to. Kinda distorted but that's what happens when you slam it hard. Welcome to the loudness wars. Who was the mixer/mastering house ? Is this a free preview copy? Or did you pay?

Its the same tracks!haha even my mom,was like "what the hell is that coming out of your computer!!??" the guy who did its name was Dj Nicolas Antar. He's a real stand up guy,but as far as mixing and mastering goes I dont think I will have him work on any of my other tracks. And he charged me $5.00. I figured he was looking for some practice and experience so I gave him a shot.I also wanted to see how my mixes would compare to someone elses :P

haha I knew what I was getting into,and I honestly expected it to be worse! What got to me though,is that he called himself a mixing AND mastering "engineer"! He didnt earn that name obviously... It irked me,therefore I had to post this "mixing/mastering engineers" "work".

Back