Losing Control

i say this in a polite way out of love of music:

i got a beter idea than fighting over nothing.....
why doesnt someone send HangDawg the full files and let him mix it...
he might even have fun:):). If you have mad skills ...i want to see them...honestly

*mood happy*(so dont read into it like i have anger in my voice or are taking sides)
and this aplies to either mix thread...your choice

i got a beter idea than fighting over nothing.....
why doesnt someone send HangDawg the full files and let him mix it...
he might even have fun:):).
I think you're confusing "Losing Control" with "Sail Away". ;)

"Sail Away" is the song that I mixed and destroyed the efforts by MadAudio, True, Gorty, Anfontan, and Nicole.

HangDawg couldn't mix a milkshake. :p

I think you're confusing "Losing Control" with "Sail Away". ;)

"Sail Away" is the song that I mixed and destroyed the efforts by MadAudio, True, Gorty, Anfontan, and Nicole.

HangDawg couldn't mix a milkshake. :p

This thread had less fighting(or so it seems) so i posted it here to try and stay away from a fight thread. hangdawg is on both threads stating that he could do a better job..i want to see it. Since all of his work is removed(or at least no one has any valid links) i would personaly love to see him mix "Sail Away". Just like at work when someone says they can run my machine better than me....i say "show me".

Then we go thru screens and i say
"already tried that" "already homed that out" "already reset that refrences" "already touched off the post processor" "alredy thought of that but if i move the x angle in the program 15 microns the x will be thrown out of print in order to get the y in (since the lip is gound on the z angle...which takes its refrence from the the x and y points together to come up with the z)." "if we move botht the x and y 15 mics the z angle will remain the same.. but both x and y will be out of print.." "i already indicated in the chuck and the runout is well within tollerence"

sometimes they learn something ......sometimes they teach me something. At the end of the day thou we are not mad at each other(we are on the same team). we used our test of whits to problem solve and get the machine running again. Just like the mp3 forum when we all throw in our opinion to in the end...make a better song.

If he has a better way of doing it fine....then teach me. dont just tell me your better, show me...and if i learn something along the way i am greatful. I am not afraid to learn...... as long as someone is teaching and not just fighting for the chance to fight. actions speak louder than words..so let him prove us wrong and his ability to do better with his remix of...."Sail Away". if he doesnt do it...he is just in these threads to slander people for personal reasons and proves his opinion is of little worth.

this is just my 2 cents...i dont have time to argue today i have studio work to get done.....

Cool.

I agree about the drum sounds...it'd be great if they could be improved. As it is right now, the low end reminds me of how the drums and bass sound in an untreated nightclub made out of masonry. It's certainly not horrendous, but I'd like to hear them cleaned up a bit. Snare sounds really loose.

That lead line at the very beginning is WAAAY too hot. Sounds totally out of place and could probably be brought down 8db. Its level is fine after that.

Just switch the level of that first lead with the level of the drums and it'll sound about right. Maybe the Mesa has just too cutting a sound, it just needs tamed down....;)

Your absoulutely right... the lead level at the beginning is way to hot... My dumb ass for got to fade it down.
Like I had said before, Im on all hardware, and have to do the old fashioned riding of the faders, and just spaced it.

My dumb ass for got to fade it down.

First of all, you're not a dumbass and everybody knows it. Secondly, sorry about repeating others...I try not to read a thread before I listen, but a lot of times I'll read as I'm listening and then I'm not sure if I saw somebody else say it or I actually had an original thought. :D

I remember mixing that way...I used to track on this 8-track with a friend of mine in this tiny studio in Nacogdoches, Texas...sometimes, we had so many different instruments in different parts of the same track that it took 2 of us to push faders up and down throughout the song, only to get 3 minutes in and miss one...very frustrating. Mixing in the box was harder at first, but only for a short amount of time...I can't imagine mixing the way you do. COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!!! :D

First of all, you're not a dumbass and everybody knows it.

Well, I didnt really mean I am a dumbass, I just meant I made a dumbass mistake,haha, but thanks for the vote of confidense.

Dark side?, no, Ill stick to the hardware/giant mixer... I love all the knobs!
And truely, Im still kind of a beginner. I havent been recording all that long.
I have played for almost 30 years, but have been recording less than a year.
If you saw my list of equipment that I record on, you would cringe.
You would probably say, how does he get anything from that crap.
But I am learning to milk the most out of the crap I have.
Now, Ill admit the alesis HD24 and my Alesis Masterlink are not crap, but the rest.... oh my....

queepy~Wow thanks for listening Axeman!!!:)

undergroundtoon~Thanks for the listen Toon~!:D

castlerock = usually means you sound sexy~ Stroking will get you everywhere...:D:D:D

Nakatira~Thank you Naka !!! The
'Rusty in a Rockandrollish way aint too shabby when your an old broad like me...lol:eek::D Tracey did a fine job with it!

acidrock~Thanks so much acid for having a listen!!!:)

chrisharris~ Thanks for taking the time to listen Chris and the constructive criticism.:)

Anfontan~ Thanks for taking the time to listen Tony!!!:)

Well, I didnt really mean I am a dumbass, I just meant I made a dumbass mistake,haha, but thanks for the vote of confidense.

Dark side?, no, Ill stick to the hardware/giant mixer... I love all the knobs!
And truely, Im still kind of a beginner. I havent been recording all that long.
I have played for almost 30 years, but have been recording less than a year.
If you saw my list of equipment that I record on, you would cringe.
You would probably say, how does he get anything from that crap.
But I am learning to milk the most out of the crap I have.
Now, Ill admit the alesis HD24 and my Alesis Masterlink are not crap, but the rest.... oh my....
You forgot to list the AUTO TUNE....:eek::D:p

You guys did a great job on this song. Lots of emotion in the vocals and I like the way your voice cracks with grit. Any deviation in pitch only adds to the soul of the song.

Guitar work is great, I think the lead could be brought up half a click during the solos. Good tone. And like everyone else said, the drums need work. I think the hihat sounds thin or anemic in the intro.

I like it!! :D
Cheers,

You guys did a great job on this song. Lots of emotion in the vocals and I like the way your voice cracks with grit. Any deviation in pitch only adds to the soul of the song.

Guitar work is great, I think the lead could be brought up half a click during the solos. Good tone. And like everyone else said, the drums need work. I think the hihat sounds thin or anemic in the intro.

I like it!! :D
Cheers,
Hey Chili..sorry for the late response. Thank you very much for the listen and the suggestions.

Back