Losing Control

You should have your ears checked.... theres no autotune on this recording.... I dont even own one.

What made you think there was autotune anyway, I mean at what point in the song?

1:29 - 1:30 on the word heart. It's either bad auto-tune or she needs to clear the shit out of her throat. There are other tell tale signs throughout.

You should have your ears checked.... theres no autotune on this recording.... I dont even own one.

What made you think there was autotune anyway, I mean at what point in the song?

How about at 1:30, 2:45, 3:45. Any where that's out of her range, which is often. You can also hear it try to tune her bad vibrato as well. Jesus christ, no need to lie about it.

How about at 1:30, 2:45, 3:45. Any where that's out of her range, which is often. You can also hear it try to tune her bad vibrato as well. Jesus christ, no need to lie about it.

I would gladly tell you if i had autotune, but I dont. I never saw the need for it... as I record mostly for fun.
Feel free to stop on by, and you can see my setup.
All hardware, no computers involved.
I amongst all internet people here, what in the world would it gain me to lie about an autotune??? How absurd. Im not trying to sell any music, just playing and recording a little. Im also not trying to impress anyone either, it is what it is and nothing more.

I would gladly tell you if i had autotune, but I dont. I never saw the need for it... as I record mostly for fun.
Feel free to stop on by, and you can see my setup.
All hardware, no computers involved.
I amongst all internet people here, what in the world would it gain me to lie about an autotune??? How absurd. Im not trying to sell any music, just playing and recording a little. Im also not trying to impress anyone either, it is what it is and nothing more.

You know what, it doesn't matter because if it really isn't auto-tuned that makes it all the worse. I just don't see why everyone says that vocal part is so great. It sounded like she had a spoonful of peanut butter in the back of her throat.

Still sounds like AT.

Yeah, don't want to hurt anyones feelings.:rolleyes: Must say nice things even if it sounds like ass.

HOW BOUT THIS......the mp3 clinic was made for *HEALTHY* criticism for people in here to grow and advance.... NOT to go simon cowell on people and say "you suck and i am great". if you dont like trues voice.. how bout you just not listen to it.....duh...smart guy:rolleyes::rolleyes:. I for one enjoy it. no need to come on numerous threads with her involed to put her down:mad::mad:. this isnt american idol... its home recording. If you dont have any healthy criticism besides "it sucks" DONT POST.

Opinions are like assholes.... everyone has them. Some people keep their pant up and some people go around showing everyone thinking its the nicest pooper in the world........ but most people have the tact to go clean the crap off of the brown hole rim before they go showing them off. So, once again.. go smell your toilet.......that aint roses your smelling:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I used another feces analogy because i think it fit you great...hows that for an opinion:D:D:D

HOW BOUT THIS......the mp3 clinic was made for *HEALTHY* criticism for people in here to grow and advance.... NOT to go simon cowell on people and say "you suck and i am great". if you dont like trues voice.. how bout you just not listen to it.....duh...smart guy:rolleyes::rolleyes:. I for one enjoy it. no need to come on numerous threads with her involed to put her down:mad::mad:. this isnt american idol... its home recording. If you dont have any healthy criticism besides "it sucks" DONT POST.

Opinions are like assholes.... everyone has them. Some people keep their pant up and some people go around showing everyone thinking its the nicest pooper in the world........ but most people have the tact to go clean the crap off of the brown hole rim before they go showing them off. So, once again.. go smell your toilet.......that aint roses your smelling:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I used another feces analogy because i think it fit you great...hows that for an opinion:D:D:D

You got a thing for toilets and dirty butt holes dontcha!

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it just as you are yours. Besides I don't think you had any part in that mess so what the fuck is it to you what I think? Do you feel bad for them because someone spoke badly of their song?

Anyone who posts music here for the whole world to hear better be prepared for some harsh words.

Well...I'm a wee bit upset...but certainly not by Hangdawgs remarks about me...but by the fact, that he thinks you all are lying about what YOU said about the song and of course, his expertise is above and beyond you all..right?..I mean, you guys don't know your shit as well as he does..and your own music must suck a lot more than his...and I guess the WAY you guys worded it to me and Tracey, about what you did think needed work, was not good enough for Hangdawg...I guess all the critic you gave on it..was just a bit too sugar coated for him...I guess he wanted you to just say "shut the fuck up bitch and you know you used AUTO TUNE bastard!!".....the thought that you guys would stroke my ego, rather than be upfront and honest about my performance or Tracey's does disturb me though. I just always thought...that you guys knew, I could take the critic from ya all. I can ya know..cause I know you all know your stuff and that you are being helpful...so I guess it does sorta piss me off too..that the dawg would insinuate that you guys are all liars in your responses and that he is the only one to be truthful....cause I never ever thought you guys to be liars...as far as me being insulted by his remarks about me and my singing...pffffft...he has to get better than that to insult me....I am never insulted by critic...nor angry...it is meant to help. Assholes are dimestore stuff....in abundance...so thanks for the helpful knowledge dawg....and for taking the time to listen and help.:)

And I want to add this too ....those of you who DID give your helpful critiscism...thanks a bunch!!! And Tracey...put that fuking AUTO TUNE up on ebay !!!!:p

PS...DAWG>>I will be sure to gargle next time and get that shit outta my throat..anywhere you want me to spit it in particular.?....:D

I dont have any problem with harsh words.. as they are just that words.
They are much like you, they dont really carry much weight.
Its apparent that you dont have any "useful" criticism, so you instead resort to being somewhat like the ass of a bull, with only bullshit coming out.
Like the other guy said, this is suppose to be a place for helpful insight and constructive criticism, not a place to just come in spouting hatefulness.
If you can do any better... get to it, and leave those alone that are trying.
Im guessing if you could do any or much better, you would have a career in music, and you wouldnt be dicking with us home recorders here. but then, maybe you just have nothing better to do.
So, that being said, flame on flamer, spout your spunk for the world hear.
Of course we would rather hear some music, made by home recorders, but any cacophony will do.

If I'm wrong, then someone please explain to me why the vocals sound like they do at the times that I've indicated.

As for the other song, I gave constructive criticism. Get rid of the drums because you can't hear them. Play on fucking time with the song. Get rid of the solos except for the 3rd one and turn it the fuck up. And the dynamics of the vocals are all over the place and the only thing that comes across is the fucking wailing.

If I'm wrong, then someone please explain to me why the vocals sound like they do at the times that I've indicated.

Intonation is the thing I'm probably most sensitive to in recordings. I can understand your pitch comments in the sense that sometimes pitchiness I comment on in tunes others say they don't hear. Here's what I notice in this track... Some of the quickly done pitches are off by a bit, but not enough to, IMO, detract from the performance. The longer tones tend to, after a moment, snap upward to a very accurate pitch. Doesn't sound like autotune to me. Sounds like a singer who's working hard on accurate pitch control.

Last edited:
I dug this tune.

Its my favorite preformance by you true, this Tune really makes your vocals shine in all its glory.

You have this "quality to your voice", and this tune takes full advantage of that.
By Rusty I mean Rockandrollish in a complimentary way.

The recording is very clean, the guitars sounds very good, as does the Bass.

Kudos to the lot of you on a catchy tune:cool:

Anyone who posts music here for the whole world to hear better be prepared for some harsh words.
Remember that just in case you post another song of your own in the future which isn't quite up to par.

Back