let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
This is the first application of mine using Auralex acoustic treatments.

CopyofStudioTreatments010.jpg

Gorty said:
Because I dressed up as Peter Pan and had a nice little evening with Tinker Bell!! :D
That is what I suspected....next thing you know, that ticking croc will be adding sound effects!!! :eek:

My cable reduction project

Here are a few pictures of my recording setup. The first shot is from about 6 months ago when I was recording everything via a Mackie SDR 2496 and a ton of out board gear. The last three are of my current setup based arround Logic Pro on a MacPro. The move to the software based setup has been huge in the return of my creativity. I no longer spend a ton of energy on routing and cabling and patching, etc. I just sit down and play. Other bonuses are the vast improvement in sound quality by eliminating that behrringer board from the signal path. I ended up with two huge crates full of cables once the conversion was complete. I plan to finish the area in the next few years.

WorkArea-Old.jpg

Workstation.jpg

MusicArea.jpg

DrumArea.jpg

I have been waiting until I had mine done before I posted here, but I cant help it. ;)

I just wanted to let you guys know there are some VERY nice setups in this thread. And even the ones who arent as "high-end" as the others, kudos for the interest in getting your own thing together and sharing with the rest of us.

I am excited to get my room together one of these days so I can actually write / record someday hahaha

I agree with ya Cincy!! I enjoy reading here, along with the pictures...I am a picture book person...that way, if I don't understand the words, I can 'read' the pics... :D

I will hopefully get a digital camera sometime this year and can post some pics of my own studio room...but it has no real treatments as of yet....just really pretty red walls and a lot of GASsss decorating the place!!! ;)

Hey True! how is ya. Working on my room right now. Green & purple is the theme for now. When I get it dont I hope to post pictures of both of my rooms. Rooms are so small though I need a fish eye lens to get much of a picture :rolleyes:

F.S.

Just wanted to get in on the action

I've recently made a few additions to my studio and wanted to get some feedback. I never felt like I had enough equipment until now. I went all out (on my budget I guess) and got some monitors; The Yamaha HS80M's, The M Audio BX5a's and for some bottom, a JBL SUB 12 Venue Series 12" 500-Watts Powered Subwoofer. I also picked up a Gateway 22in monitor and a Motif es6. These additions fit nicely with what I already had. A Mackie 32x8 mixer, Alesis QSR, Korg TR Rack, EMU Vintage Keys, Roland XP- 10, Mac G4 running DP4.5 and an Akai MPC 2000xl.

Now that I have all this stuff I'm not feeling inspired. I've taken vitamins and everything but I just don't hear anything in my head right now. So I just sit back and admire my cool looking studio.

I'm a firm believer that you don't have to get the latest toys on the market to make hot music, just master the stuff you have. Maybe that's why it took me so long to get to this modest upgrade. I'm into creating Rap, R&B and Neo Soul. So what do ya think? Do I have all of my bases covered in here?

Attachments

• IMG_0012 copy.JPG
    IMG_0012 copy.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,033
JohnSmooth said:
I've recently made a few additions to my studio and wanted to get some feedback. I never felt like I had enough equipment until now. I went all out (on my budget I guess) and got some monitors; The Yamaha HS80M's, The M Audio BX5a's and for some bottom, a JBL SUB 12 Venue Series 12" 500-Watts Powered Subwoofer. I also picked up a Gateway 22in monitor and a Motif es6. These additions fit nicely with what I already had. A Mackie 32x8 mixer, Alesis QSR, Korg TR Rack, EMU Vintage Keys, Roland XP- 10, Mac G4 running DP4.5 and an Akai MPC 2000xl.

Now that I have all this stuff I'm not feeling inspired. I've taken vitamins and everything but I just don't hear anything in my head right now. So I just sit back and admire my cool looking studio.

I'm a firm believer that you don't have to get the latest toys on the market to make hot music, just master the stuff you have. Maybe that's why it took me so long to get to this modest upgrade. I'm into creating Rap, R&B and Neo Soul. So what do ya think? Do I have all of my bases covered in here?
If i were you, i'd swap the mixing position and playing position. Where you play, the bad acoustics don't matter too much, but mixing certainly does. You should never mix in a corner.

pandamonk said:
If i were you, i'd swap the mixing position and playing position. Where you play, the bad acoustics don't matter too much, but mixing certainly does. You should never mix in a corner.

Thanks Pandamonk, I thought about that a while ago but I'm left handed and it was so much more comfortable with the mixer on the left.

Back