let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
elicantu said:
ok..i am 15 years old so building my own studio has been a huge difficulty for me because i cant just "build" a studio...so i had to settle for a shed that we have outside...at the beggining this place had plywood as floor and had no insulation whatsoever...plus it was full of crap..since i "moved" into the shed....i made a second floor so i could put all that up there..on the pics you cant really tell that there is a second floor..but beleive me there is....i also had to get a job and work my butt off....this is about 1 years worth of stuff that i have bought...and dont say that i am spoiled because i have worked for every bit of this equipment....

the shed is 12x8 so it is a pretty small place...plus i devided it into two rooms...but yeah...the division is just a couple of plywood boards and some blankets on them...its "supposed" to be a live room and a control room...hehe..
i am on a low budget so dont make fun of me...hehe..

DSC_8017.jpg
<br>
DSC_8011.jpg
<br>
DSC_8008.jpg
<br>
DSC_8004.jpg
<br>
DSC_8002.jpg
<br>
DSC_7998.jpg
<br>
DSC_7997.jpg
<br>
DSC_7995.jpg
<br>
DSC_7994.jpg
<br>
DSC_7993.jpg
<br>
DSC_7987.jpg
<br>
DSC_7986.jpg
<br>
DSC_7985.jpg
<br>
540.jpg
<br>

You're outhouse studio rocks!

No seriously, that place is super cool for being 15 years old :)

Woah, Elicantu that is very nice man.

How did you work on all of that stuff, you work or something ?

I'm 16 and hell yes I need some advice.

Very nice!

it took me forever to get all this..i work one day a week as a bus boy and that it...but i dont spend my money on anything else...at all....except on my studio
and thanks for the compliments

Since this was taken, I've got the second TSR-8 trolley-mounted and both synchronised (although sadly not with the Lynxes in the rack) and the synthesizers and amplifier in the white bookshelf have been fitted into a proper desktop rack frame. I tend to mix with headphones, hence the speakers are a pair of domestic AIWA units on either side of the PC.

Attachments

• studio2007a.jpg
    studio2007a.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,300
RRWagemakers said:
Hoops,

Really nice studio. Is it only your hobby or do you work in it professional asweel?

Looking great,

Greetz,

Remco

Thanks, It is a hobby that pays for itself. I like recording because that means new toys. I also songwrite so it is for me to have fun as well.

hey hoops.. great studio.

What is the model of the power conditioner you're using that is in the rack above the bass cab? I've been looking to find one like that but haven't had any luck

Thanks!

My Humble Studio

I'm 19 and a junior in college, So needless to say I don't have all the money in the world.

Attachments

• Drumset.jpg
    Drumset.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 945
  • Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 952
  • studio.jpg
    studio.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 972
That drumest doesn't look like it needs to feel so humble, Spidey. What is it? The hardware on the shells looks kind of um, dainty, but I'm curious about what it is. Nice setup!

The drums are a custom built from Kellar Shells. I love them and they sound great!!
22x22 BD
8x10 Tom
16X18 Tom
5.5x14 Snare with wood hoops.

The drum practice room doubles as the vocal/amp recording booth. Glad you like it.

88fingers said:
Hoops,
Nice look there. What mics are you using on the drum kit?

Overheads are AKG 1000s'
Bass I use a ATM 25 or AE2500 or PVM 520
Toms are ATM23HE's
Snare is an SM 57

Here is my mic pic.
Mics.jpg

more pics...sorry about the quality (and for the fact that I haven't painted or put in the flooring, I've been recording too much!)

Geddy Lee bass
04-16-07_1713.jpg

My oneQs, Trident S20
oneq_s20_good-01.jpg

Live Room
studio_2-01.jpg

Live Room
studio_6-01.jpg

Little 18" DW kick
04-16-07_1714.jpg

more pics of the control room coming soon....

Last edited:
Back