let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
sorry man, i wasn't talkin gear wise. I was talkin about space. It sux having everything in one tiny room.

ha ha yes, someone asked that in another forum. I used to collect old war supplies. Don't know why it was there at the time. But it's kind of funny

Oh you guys and your complaints about one little room.
When I started I had a tiny corner of my living room under the TV where I kept my Yamaha 4 track and single mic. I had an electric guitar I used to plug straight in and detune for bass. Percussion was a box and can...seriously. Just get a decent job and keep collecting one thing at a time.

Oh, and call studios and radio stations to find about their old gear...it pays off.

Ok, I'm bored..

Here's my home studio accoustic treatment. It cuts down on some of the high reflections. It's berber carpet and auralex foam squares.

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 4,564
Whoa...that was big..oops.

Here's my bass rig all wired and ready. they say necessity is the mother of tape or something...

Attachments

• bass-stand.jpg
    bass-stand.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 4,497
Here's my "drumset". Don't laugh too hard. Notice the very sophisticated dual micing wall mounting technique...take notes.

heh

Attachments

• drums.jpg
    drums.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 4,506
lol, Jake I think we have the same interior designer. A lot of cool studios out there.

Here's my work in progress-

Attachments

• mvc-026s.jpg
    mvc-026s.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4,533
Wow, cool Tex, the pic is kinda dark...which mixer is that?

He's the free studio decorator guy that comes out of the closet when you get stoned....yeah I got the same guy.

Last edited:
Here we go..

Isn't that a bit big for a Ghost?
Is that Aaron's old one?

Attachments

• mvc-026s.jpg
    mvc-026s.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 4,778
Yep that's the guy. Here's a brighter pic. I'm going to put an iso rack under the console for the Radar. Then I can put all the other stuff in the top rack that the radar is taking up right now. I also need to finish the trim on the console. Damn, I'm lazy.

Attachments

• mvc-013s.jpg
    mvc-013s.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 4,748
jake-owa said:
Here's my "drumset". Don't laugh too hard. Notice the very sophisticated dual micing wall mounting technique...take notes.

heh

how do you go about triggering the kick, Jake? I thought about doing a similiar setup as yours, glad I ran into your picture

Al

Here's my homestudio...

Still working on it but in one week i hope to finish it and start playing again ! :D

Attachments

• homestudio.jpg
    homestudio.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 4,785
A1A2 said:
how do you go about triggering the kick, Jake? I thought about doing a similiar setup as yours, glad I ran into your picture

Al
The SPD6 pad pictured actually has two pedal inputs for kick and hat. I have a real highhat so I just use the kick one. The only drawback to this setup is that my kick has no dynamic response so I have to tune it carefully to each song.

The module I use is the Yamaha MU50 and the combination of sounds works great! Just listen to my new guitar sample mp3s on nowhere (www button) or a recent song of mine...most can't tell they're not drums. Plus it's way more fun than tapping a machine or keyboard.

Back