let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
My studio, BlueTurtle, doesn't really have a permanent home. So, here are some pics of when it got moved into a new space.

http://www.kolonay.com/pictures/studio/

...it's not so much a space, as it is "the living room", and these aren't pictures of it so much as they are pictures of the first night it was in "the living room", but you can at least get an idea...

Damn I wish I owned my own house! Oh well, one more year of school...

OH, and if you want to know what equipment powers everything, check out http://kolonay.com/music.html

KevinTran said:
$99 for the card is not the problem, it's the $$$$$ for the 2 flat panels!!!!

kt

I know, but it's well worth the money! I got my two ProView 17" flat panels for just 310.- each coz it's an "out of production" model currently on sale at Circuit City. Having the "arrange window" on one screen and the mixer/effects/MIDI controls on the other is really awesome.

OtherWorldsAudio 2003.

I just finished wiring up the analog side and I'm hardwired and ready to go.

Attachments

• o.w.a.-2003.jpg
    o.w.a.-2003.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 5,492
Nice Jake! Hey, I got the same lava lamp.

I just viewed the pics in this thread and my word for the day (night) is ENVIOUS!

Sometime I'll post my humble shit...:)

Here's another angle. I'll have a lot more room when I finally finish with the console and move it back to the wall.

Attachments

• o.w.a.2.jpg
    o.w.a.2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 4,890
It's a TASCAM M600...it's the baddest mixer TASCAM ever made. 16 busses 8 auxes 40 pres 16 dedicated tape send/returns...really nice sounding. I still have to change a couple pots but it's working out really nice so far.

The tape machine is a perfect match, it's a 16 track 1" TASCAM ATR 60.

New Studio Pikk

newcontrolroom.jpg

newvocalbooth.jpg

newloungearea.jpg

One thing. it's outta my house now so I guess it doesn't apply to "Home Recording". Ha.

hey here's my studio. its not as fancy as many here but i like it. im saving some money for buying more things.

im happy wiht it cuz i dont plan getting rich with it. i just want it not for paying someone else to record my bands demos.

Attachments

• dsc00321.jpg
    dsc00321.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 4,748
i wish there was a way to upload at least 3 pics at a time
this is the last one dont worry

Attachments

• maynezneg.jpg
    maynezneg.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 4,597
I am extremely jealous of you guys. I have the musical ability (to play many instruments) and the knowledge of equipment enough to record, but NO SPACE.

I live in an apt. and it's only 500 sq feet!

I am absolutely ready to build a studio as a business, but no money as I'm a college student!!!!!!

Oh well. I like seeing your guys stuff - I would almost rather look at studio pics than nudes, heh!

yeah, sneaking into others studios give you ideas on where to place things, and stuff. there are so many nice studios here

keilson said:
i hear ya. I too am a college student limited on space :-(

this is mine
http://www.jhkstudios.com/studio/studio.html

Yeah and yours looks like fucking virgin studioes compared to mine.

Lemme explain what mine is.

Guitar goes to fx processor, which goes to computer (no mic to mic the amp) then it sits in my computer where i edit it and make drum beats.

Heh.

So it's three pieces guitar, fx, and PC.

BLAH!

Back