let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
I can't say there is anything wrong with it cuz it's easy to navigate and all the links work. I was just wondering if you needed/wanted to dress it up a bit more

Sounds [and looks] like the site is great the way it is...

Re: Hmmm....

Blue Bear Sound said:
thinking...!

Maybe I am making this sound a bit more complicated than I intended...I wasn't implying any insult about your site. I mean, is a nicer looking site gonna win you more clients in your area or no? If not, hey, what you've got is a very functional website.

Al

Actually - dressing-up the site a bit, was on my long-term list.... but I also like the clean, easy pages.... too much clutter throws many people off...

As well, there are a couple of studios in the area whose websites are more impressive than their gear/facilities and that's definitely NOT a good marketing tool!

I'd rather have a clean, bare-bones website and have the clients impressed by my facility than the other way around!

Blue Bear Sound said:
Actually - dressing-up the site a bit, was on my long-term list.... but I also like the clean, easy pages.... too much clutter throws many people off...

As well, there are a couple of studios in the area whose websites are more impressive than their gear/facilities and that's definitely NOT a good marketing tool!

I'd rather have a clean, bare-bones website and have the clients impressed by my facility than the other way around!

Groovy, if that's your marketing strategy, then rock on!

FYI, Ocenway's website is a joke:D

Al

wow -- the pictures of your studios made me really jeleous ;-) Even though I've upgraded over the last few weeks it's still just a joke compared to most of your setups.

Attachments

• homestudio_060503_600pix.jpg
    homestudio_060503_600pix.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 6,021
O.K....here goes.....

Hopefully this works.

This Control central:

Attachments

• pic1_1.jpg
    pic1_1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 5,943
YES!!! it worked....

Thanks Michael Jones.

Here is another shot.

Directly to the left.
The pictures were taken from behind the leather couch that sits about 8 feet from this wall.

Attachments

• pic3_1.jpg
    pic3_1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 5,762
And finnally....the locker.

This is the modest mic collection thus far.

I've just recently added an RE-20.

More than most of those combined.

:D

Attachments

• mics1_1.jpg
    mics1_1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 5,713
Sorry about all the extra white.

You cant tell from the crappy picture but the mics are:

MXL V93
Rode NT3
SM57
Peavy 535i
Ecm 8000's (pair)
Realistic (the SM58 looking one)
CAD 22 (by far the worst mic i own)
and a Radio Shack p.o.c. that sound better than the CAD.

Also .....in the 1st pic, the beatiful flowered sheets :) are covering some absorber boxes that i covered because the slats are made from various bits of different size molding strips that the previous owner left behind....not as good looking (believe it or not) as the flowered sheets.

I know my monitors are small and crappy but after i get a decent preamp i will get some better ones (they're the Fostex 3.1's).

-mike

BTW many of you guys have (or will have) killer set ups.
Nice.

Cool looking rooms folks.. Wow, that Bear-ringer MX9000 looks like a Toy ;) next to what looks like a Tascam console...32 channel 8 buss??

SoMm

Giganova said:
wow -- the pictures of your studios made me really jeleous ;-) Even though I've upgraded over the last few weeks it's still just a joke compared to most of your setups.

That is nice! Where did you get that desk?

hi Kevin,

I installed an "NVidia Gforce FX 5200" dual-head video card and have two ProView 17" flat-panel monitors. The video card has 128MByte of memory, which is fast enough. Don't get a video card which has less memory coz it will take too long to display the wave form of the audio tracks and your audio software could crash (I had than problem before when I ran Logic 5.5.1 and had a video card with little memory).

Giganova said:
Don't get a video card which has less memory coz it will take too long to display the wave form of the audio tracks and your audio software could crash (I had than problem before when I ran Logic 5.5.1 and had a video card with little memory).

?????? :confused:

AFAIK a Matrox G450 or 550 with 32Mbytes will do just fine. If a video card causes a crash there might be something else going wrong besides available video memory.

Herwig

I dunno if a video card with 32MB ot total memory for TWO screens will do. I don't even think that you can get a dual-head video with 32MB memory. My card, which has 128MB, only cost 99 buxx anyway, so I think its a good idea to get a decent video card.

All I can say is that Logic sometimes crashed when the video card was too slow to display the wave form on screen (e.g. while zooming in on a track while the song was playing). I talked to other people which had the same problem. A video card with more memory fixed the problem in our case.

Giganova said:
I dunno if a video card with 32MB ot total memory for TWO screens will do. I don't even think that you can get a dual-head video with 32MB memory. My card, which has 128MB, only cost 99 buxx anyway, so I think its a good idea to get a decent video card.

All I can say is that Logic sometimes crashed when the video card was too slow to display the wave form on screen (e.g. while zooming in on a track while the song was playing). I talked to other people which had the same problem. A video card with more memory fixed the problem in our case.

$99 for the card is not the problem, it's the $$$$$ for the 2 flat panels!!!!

kt

Back