let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 963 75.5%

• Total voters
Hey! So after lurking around and reading pretty much this entire thread I have finally decided to post and show off the studio! I JUST moved into my first house ever and my first trip was to IKEA where i got the stuff to build this desk.

I used the instructions posted on a site called IKEAHackers along with a couple of my own improvement to build it. I wish i would have taken pics of the process but it was a pretty easy and cheap build. (Only cost me $94). The setup as a whole is very basic but just what I need :D

IMG_20110830_214914.jpg

studio4.png

Hey! So after lurking around and reading pretty much this entire thread I have finally decided to post and show off the studio! I JUST moved into my first house ever and my first trip was to IKEA where i got the stuff to build this desk.

I used the instructions posted on a site called IKEAHackers along with a couple of my own improvement to build it. I wish i would have taken pics of the process but it was a pretty easy and cheap build. (Only cost me $94). The setup as a whole is very basic but just what I need :D

View attachment 67372

Where is the lava lamp? IKEA used to have them in stock.. :)

Wow, I haven't been here since 2005.
I don't have a current bigger picture, so this will have to do for now. I'm building out the tracking room so that it's larger, should be done before year end.
wavecave_01.jpg

My God some of the studio's in here are absolutely incredible. I wouldn't even know what 90% of the gear is, and i'm not even gonna post up my excuse of a studio hahaha.

Some lucky, lucky people on here, well done to you all :)

Not so much lucky man. Working hard to buy new toys is more of an addiction really. I gave up drugs and alcohol and replaced it with my new studio addiction. I'm still just as broke but I feel much better in the morning! :D

Yeah i suppose you're right, bit ignorant of me to be putting it down to luck haha. One day i shall have a wee studio myself that i'll be proud to post here, and i guess any problems i will surely face will be met with swift advice from all you experts! Maybe the luck is mine in stumbling across the site :)

If you are like me, you will learn very quickly from this site. One has to spend the time to thoroughly search and read for countless hours and spend even more time experimenting for yourself the ideas and suggestions found here. Yep, I will call this place luck as well. I actually was not looking for this site when I initially searched for info. I was at the other one that is kinda like a sales pitch for a book series. I clicked on the wrong result from a Google search and found my new chatty home here. Funny, I think I have under 500 posts there and over 2,000 here in the exact same time period. I'm happiest here. Like the 3 bears story, this porridge is just right. I stole that from moresound. :D

Here's a few recent pics of my place.

16122010310.jpg

Control room.

04122010289.jpg

Drums.

17012011359.jpg

Behind the kit facing the door.

16122010311.jpg

Through the glass.

Cheers :)

Heh heh, I do need a lava lamp, don't I? Definitely something to look into.

The foam thingy is just some leftover eggbox foam from the studio installation that I use to block hi hat bleed into the snare drum. It creates an "acoustic shield", if you will. Granted, it doesn't eliminate reflections off the walls but it sure does block any direct sound that might find it's way in there.

Cheers :)

Back